Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory

Looking forward to this. Next week can't come soon enough.

The DNA of all convicted felons is, I believe, the substance of the data base of CODIS.

As I understood it, Ellington stated that he would consider any further evidence presented to him by the Defense team. Part of this 'considering' would be running any unknown DNA through CODIS. This does not mean he will not consider any other information presented to him.

I do not know if DNA kept of people who were sampled for exclusion purposes is entered into CODIS so it may mean that a fresh sample will have to be taken from those whose samples may have degraded since 1993. Did the Defense team eventually get a DNA profile of Hobbs from the State and/or wmpd?

Whilst I am much looking forward to viewing PL3 Purgatory I am not so sure that it is going to be the pivotal point in the next phase of this saga. It is worth remembering that West of Memphis is bankrolled by Sir Peter Jackson who also bankrolled much of the scientific testing for the Defense and, as such, I would think he would have first rights to using any of the results garnered from that, which have not already been made public. Effectively, I would expect his documentary to reveal much of what many were champing at the bit to know, had the evidentiary gone ahead as originally planned. They may hold some back exclusively for Ellington and the State of Arkansas or they may well decide to release it all! Time will tell.

I just checked my guide to make sure it was coming on tonight.Sho Nuff is!I will be watching.

Paradise Lost 1 and 2 are coming on afterwards.

Add me to the can't wait list! I'm sure there will be some lively discussions afterwards! This case has been my "pet case" for the past 16 years...

(Forum Moderators, I hope it is all right to post this link?)

Has anyone watched this? http://www.blackbookmag.com/movies/watch-an-exclusive-clip-from-paradise-lost-1.43896

It's an out take of Baldwin's attorneys discussing the necklace tested for blood evidence in the original Paradise Lost 1. I finally understood why that necklace didn't make it into the trial..........

I've decided I'll watch PL3....I think.

It a shame the cases weren't severed. We'd surely know more.

I can't watch it. Let me know if it proves their innocence. :)

It a shame the cases weren't severed. We'd surely know more.

I can't watch it. Let me know if it proves their innocence. :)

I thought the same thing about the decision to try Echols and Baldwin together.

If I watch it tonight, I will. PL1 opened with those long scenes of the little boys' bodies laying, uncovered, on that ditch bank. I have been forever sorry that I saw that scene, when I remember it, I can't sleep. I cannot imagine what the parents felt when the murders happened or what they feel now that they have been reminded of the murders of their babies every day since the Alford Plea.

Peace, friend.

As I am pretty sure you will see in Purgatory, one of the parents is now an outspoken advocate for the freed men, believing them to be innocent and Terry Hobbs to be the guilty party. One of the parents of another victim believes the freed men to be innocent but is still unsure of who the guilty party is. Only the parents of one of the children still believe the freed men to be guilty, and they steadfastly refuse to look at the information uncovered since the original trials.

So cool. I went to the HBO website and watched some clips. I don't have HBO so won't be able to watch tonight, but I'll figure out a way to see it!

As I am pretty sure you will see in Purgatory, one of the parents is now an outspoken advocate for the freed men, believing them to be innocent and Terry Hobbs to be the guilty party. One of the parents of another victim believes the freed men to be innocent but is still unsure of who the guilty party is. Only the parents of one of the children still believe the freed men to be guilty, and they steadfastly refuse to look at the information uncovered since the original trials.

I am sure that the parents (Mrs. Byers has passed away) are still in pain, much more than any of us who write here could ever, ever comprehend.

This is why I am very uncomfortable with supporters opinions that Mr. Hobbs murdered his stepchild and Stevie's two little friends. Mr. Byers or supporters can't know that. And Stevie was his stepchild.

I'm sure their pain has never diminished.

However, it is very hard to ignore that the statistics on step-parent danger and the physical evidence make ths more probable mathmatically and logically than the 3. There should be no harm in the truth.

So cool. I went to the HBO website and watched some clips. I don't have HBO so won't be able to watch tonight, but I'll figure out a way to see it!

I was able to watch the Diane Schuler documentary online after it had been on HBO for awhile, so maybe this one will be available online somewhere like YouTube in the near future.

1326382650_justin-theroux-jennifer-aniston-article.jpg

On Sunday, attended a screening of HBO's Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory at the Ray Kurtzman Theater in LA
Jennifer Aniston (is she preggers? we need another thread), Orlando Bloom, filmmaker Joe Berlinger, Jason, Jennifer's new beau

from usmagazine

I am sure that the parents (Mrs. Byers has passed away) are still in pain, much more than any of us who write here could ever, ever comprehend.

This is why I am very uncomfortable with supporters opinions that Mr. Hobbs murdered his stepchild and Stevie's two little friends. Mr. Byers or supporters can't know that. And Stevie was his stepchild.

Actually Step parents (and parents alike) murder their kids all the time. Usually when a child is murdered it's by a family member or someone they know.

Examples: Casey Anthony, Kyron Horman, Zahra Baker etc.

I was able to watch the Diane Schuler documentary online after it had been on HBO for awhile, so maybe this one will be available online somewhere like YouTube in the near future.

It was already on youtube, but was taken down. I"m sure it was a crappy screener but at least it's something.

I'm hoping it's uploaded soon as a torrent. If it's not I'm getting my mom to record it so I can watch it tomorrow.

Actually Step parents (and parents alike) murder their kids all the time. Usually when a child is murdered it's by a family member or someone they know.

Examples: Casey Anthony, Kyron Horman, Zahra Baker etc.

Casey Anthony was found not guilty.

I have read that there are statistics for step-parents who have killed their step child but I have never read of a step parent who murdered his step child and the child's two little friends.

If you have HBOGO, it's supposed to be available there.

I watched. It was great. Now we have West of Memphis on the horizon.

Casey Anthony was found not guilty.

I have read that there are statistics for step-parents who have killed their step child but I have never read of a step parent who murdered his step child and the child's two little friends.

I think that's what threw the WMPD off too. They overlooked that if you loose your temper and do something that can get you into serious trouble in front of two witnesses, you automatically have a motive to get rid of the two witnesses.

I think that's what threw the WMPD off too. They overlooked that if you loose your temper and do something that can get you into serious trouble in front of two witnesses, you automatically have a motive to get rid of the two witnesses.

But could even a violent step dad lose his temper enough to kill his step child while two little witnesses are watching him? Better he should wait until they're alone and say, maybe, the child ran away?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back