Parents killed, newborn survives car crash

Pretty expensive. One of those traffic light bulbs is something like $600 to replace. Not the whole fixture, that's just the bulb. That's from my last township meeting; there's exactly one stop light in the unincorporated parts of my county and the total budget is less than $40K/year.

Plus there would be the ongoing cost of powering it and of maintaining the equipment.

They can go as fast as 50-60 miles per hour.

The issue comes up every four or five years at the annual township meeting but so far, no one really wants to have to pay for it (not even local politicians ever want to be caught voting for taxes). The biggest argument against is that there has never been a vehicle-train collision at any of the railroad crossings in our county that only have signs.

When I say rural, I mean that we don't even have our county government online! The county website is paid for by the county and one of the county officials maintains it from her home computer. Rural counties have to be very careful with their money.

Wow, I didn't realize they were so expensive! I hear you. It makes sense to slow down, look and listen in rural areas. I would be mostly concerned if there was an obstruction of some kind, overgrowth - landscape issue- blocking a drivers view.

I don't understand why anyone would try and beat a train- especially with their baby and mother of the baby in the car with them. Were they arguing or something that would either anger him into wanting to beat the train or distract him? I'm guessing the mother was holding the baby while they drove.
My prayers for their families.

I feel so horrible for writing this, but you didn't know him.

That was his personality. I have screamed more with his driving than anyone I ever known. I knew him to drive faster when arguing, and I pray that wasn't the case.

Thank you for your prayers for the family. Please remember his friends too.

It kind of hit me like a sack of brick today, and it sucks.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back