Paris - Fire at Notre Dame Cathedral, Apr 2019

I'm hearing that it was undergoing renovations, and that they are not yet making a connection between renovations and the fire.
When the fire first broke, you could see scaffolding around the flames.

It’s since spread well beyond that point, but reporting across the networks has been that the area being renovated, was where it started.

You’re right though, no one has said yet that the fire was a result of that work.

It’s since spread well beyond that point, but reporting across the networks has been that the area being renovated, was where it started.

You’re right though, no one has said yet that the fire was a result of that work.

I saw that too! The roof and scaffolding was burning, but I wondered if that was due to a fire that started inside the church. Right now no injuries reported and speculation is that it was related to renovations. It started out at 6PM local time, so it must have been after the renovators were gone.

I read in one article - can't remember which one - that they had removed some bronze statues prior to the renovation. That is one good thing, but still...:(

ETA Link - article is from three days ago. 16 statues were removed.
IN PICTURES: Watch Notre-Dame's 16 bronze statues being flown over Paris

I saw that too! The roof and scaffolding was burning, but I wondered if that was due to a fire that started inside the church. Right now no injuries reported and speculation is that it was related to renovations. It started out at 6PM local time, so it must have been after the renovators were gone.
Fox News just quoted French officials as saying that the fire is in fact believed to be connected to that renovation work.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back