Paris Hilton to serve time

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we can pretty much all agree that money can't buy happiness ... but it can sure at times,make life easier! :)
--Interesting you say that--just read an article that said millionaires are not much happier than middle class folk,although both are much happier than people living at the poverty level--article says buying expensive things is a contributor to happiness but the effect is transitory

Amen Sister!!!! You have hit the nail on the head.

O/T, sort of. On the first season of the "Simple Life," Paris and Nicole lived with my second cousin in N. Arkansas. My dad visited with him shortly after they left, and I think my cousin was very thankful they were gone!!!! My dad said he didn't think that the town of Altus was very impressed with either one of them!!! I could have saved them all the trouble, I could have told them how unimpressed the vast majority of people are with them! LOL

You are just now sharing this story?! Or did I miss it? How's that little boy doing? He always cracked me up and had those two chickies pegged even at his young age!

Loved the whole family as a matter of fact, they were perfect hosts.....BTW, I hope this doesn't make it look like I am admitting that I watched that show.:blushing:

Hi Kim,

25 year-old Holly Branson, daughter of self-made billionaire Richard, is quite the girl about town and enjoys a party. she's also in her final year of studies to be a doctor. so it's clear there are some rich young women with direction in their lives. or could she be the only one? how absolutely tragic Paris, with all the advantages she has, is a waste of space.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=452829&in_page_id=1879
The idiots make the news. The good ones only make the business papers - we don't hear about them. I think it's all upbringing, and the results are mostly the same, just with or without money to try to cover up your indiscretions, contribute to the cost of the drugs you buy, etc.

The not having a driver is what puzzles me. A family member of mine lost his license for 3 months years ago for a DUI and had to hire someone to drive him around - at great expense and he is not rich, but didn't want to lose his job, so he did it!

These people have lots of money, so how much trouble could it be to get a driver? Doesn't have to be a limo, just someone who can drive your car for you.

Talk about an Heir-head!

Mom and Dad are so proud.:crazy:

Hilton's Paris pride..her parents are very proud
He is quoted by the New York Daily News newspaper as saying: "I have family sources telling me that Rick and Kathy Hilton are proud of everything Paris has done, including the X-rated video that launched her to this international stardom, infamy and fame.
"It is a bizarre family. Behind the scenes her parents were not opposed to the video because that totally launched her."

The not having a driver is what puzzles me. A family member of mine lost his license for 3 months years ago for a DUI and had to hire someone to drive him around - at great expense and he is not rich, but didn't want to lose his job, so he did it!

These people have lots of money, so how much trouble could it be to get a driver? Doesn't have to be a limo, just someone who can drive your car for you.

Talk about an Heir-head!

Shouldn't that be heirass-head?

You are just now sharing this story?! Or did I miss it? How's that little boy doing? He always cracked me up and had those two chickies pegged even at his young age!

Loved the whole family as a matter of fact, they were perfect hosts.....BTW, I hope this doesn't make it look like I am admitting that I watched that show.:blushing:

Yes, RR, I am just now sharing this story. I honestly don't know any of the details about what went on there. Those are my second and third cousins, so I really don't know them. Next time I talk to my dad, I will ask him the details, ok? I will tell my dad to tell them that you loved the family! My grandma was embarrassed (she's 97) when the family name was associated with "reality TV." LOL

I never watched the show. But, I did keep the "People" magazine that had my cousin "Buffalo Bob" in it.

I wanted to share this little story with you guys. We went out to dinner with some friends last night and were talking about Paris and her sentence. No one thought it was too strict for several reasons. Some people felt that she was given a stiff sentence because of who she is because maybe some people will learn from it and/or maybe attorneys won;t be able to use the "Paris Hilton" excuse to get their clients off with a slap on the wrist. One of the guys we were with was telling us about his co-worker who received a DUI and had his license suspended for 1 full year. This is here in Southern California. The guy continued to drive, mostly to and from work, because he needed to get there and couldn't afford a driver or cabs (since he was still paying a car payment on top of that). Needless to say, the guy was caught and sent to jail for 30 days and had his license suspended for 3 full years!! So, Paris, it happens to everyone, not just you, DEAR!

Of course Paris is a criminal she just hasn't killed anyone YET!!! while driving drunk, it still is not legal!!!!

EEK! Then I'm a criminal as well :eek: I think we all are ...

He is quoted by the New York Daily News newspaper as saying: "I have family sources telling me that Rick and Kathy Hilton are proud of everything Paris has done, including the X-rated video that launched her to this international stardom, infamy and fame.
"It is a bizarre family. Behind the scenes her parents were not opposed to the video because that totally launched her."

Ah! that's why she must work:

Oppenheimer said: "While in name she is a Hilton, she is not the heiress the world has been led to believe. In fact she has to work her butt off to live the Hilton lifestyle. The bulk of the Hilton fortune is going into the Hilton Foundation. Paris is one of many grandchildren and great-grandchildren who have to work for a living.

she totally had to live the Hilton lifestyle.

well this sorta explains how she turned out dont it...

the old "children learn what they live" creedo...

Serves her right. I hope some of her peers learn a lesson from this.

This article says a 50% good time/work time release program. But I have heard of many being released at 10%. Either which way if she goes there I will be shocked if she serves the full 45 days. Even with a judge's stipulation, I think they can still release her on the good time /work time program. That's one of the reasons the judges are frustrated, their orders are not always carried out as they want them to be. I have a colleague who's son was arrested for drugs so many times. Each time he would get a 90 sentence and serve 9 days or less. It was unbelievable to me how many times he could be arrested and not be held in jail. It's too bad, because he may have learned a thing or two. He ultimately ended up in state prison for 6 months. but after, I would say 10 arrests. This is in LA county. In Orange County if you have a 90 day sentence, you will probably serve 2/3's or 60 days, but not the full 90. Unless you refuse to work while in there or misbehave.

Whether Hilton will serve all 45 days of her sentence is unclear. Under state sentencing guidelines, inmates receive one day credit against their sentence for each day they serve. This means Hilton would effectively complete her term after 22.5 days in jail, unless the judge's order stipulates otherwise. She also could get out early due to overcrowding, as was the case with actress Michelle Rodriguez of the TV show "Lost," who was reported to have served just four hours and 20 minutes of a 60-day sentence for a probation violation last May.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2007-05/08/content_867566.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member