Pastor that visited Casey speaks out.

Discussion in 'Caylee Anthony 2 years old' started by WillenFan21, Dec 17, 2008.

1. WillenFan21

WillenFan21 Well-Known Member

http://www.wesh.com/news/18296926/detail.html

(SNIPPED)

Stutzman was asked if he talked about the recent finding.

"We didn't go into that a whole lot. That's not my role. That's Jose Baez's role," Stutzman said. "This whole thing is unwinding a little bit at a time. I know, as a pastor, I'm going to be there to help them no matter what."

Stutzman said Casey Anthony remains hopeful despite the murder charge and word on Tuesday that investigators found even more bones at the crime scene.

2. Loading...

3. BeanE

BeanE Inactive

"We didn't go into that a whole lot"!!??!!

Sooooo... didn't want to talk about Caylee, taken off pscyh watch. I guess that grab bag she got from the commissary just cheered her right up and got her out of her grieving for her murdered daughter.

I know she's a sociopath, but the absence of feeling is just so hard to take.

4. sweetmop

sweetmop New Member

And also from the above linked article----
    "The Rev. Shane Stutzman has been meeting with Casey Anthony since she was first arrested in July to provide support and prayer."

It would seem (to me) that in order to 'help' Casey, Rev. Stutzman should impress upon her that the truth is the only way! All of these people that enter this farce, and then go along with Casey's game of lies are not helping anyone. I pray that this minister can somehow, in some way, get through to Casey. For this minister to play along with the lies is an abomination. Caylee deserves the truth to be told.

5. BlOnDe_GuRrL

BlOnDe_GuRrL New Member

i would LOVE to know exactly WHAT is "unwinding"

you could confess to a pastor and by some law of god he isn't allowed, or supposed to turn you in??? is that still true?

6. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

Actually I don't think that ministers who go to the jail do discuss the crimes with any of the criminals err suspects unless the suspect brings it up.

I think their job is more or less to "comfort" the suspect, to provide religious instruction if desired and to pray with them. Their job isn't to prosecute, it is to save their souls. Because they also are company and a friendly face in a place where the suspects don't have much interaction with others or not people they can trust, there are sometimes "jailhouse conversions". Which sometimes only last until the bail is paid or the parole is issued.

7. Trailerparkgirl

Trailerparkgirl New Member

are those conversations recorded? the ones with the pastor and KC?

8. sharpar

sharpar If dogs dont go to heaven I want to go where they

KC reaction to finding the body had nothing to do with Kaylee and everything to do
    with her. She wont confess to the minister because she is not thinking about her
    KC is consumed with her own life and there was never and will never be room for
    anyone else. In order to confess you would need to feel burdened by what you
    have done. KC is okay with her choice of actions. Its mind boggling but TRUE
    She is using the pastor . There isnt a god fearing bone in her body .
    KC will never talk about what she did . MOO

9. LoriC73

LoriC73 Inactive

Is there anyone involved with the A's capable of not talking?? For God's sake, this is a minister-can he just say 'No comment'?!? Why does a member of the clergy feel compelled to give their opinion too?
    I'm only concerned about KC telling the truth about what went on. Other than that, I don't care what she is feeling, coping with this, or how she is doing.

10. Dolce171

Dolce171 New Member

Stutzman said Casey Anthony remains hopeful despite the murder charge and word on Tuesday that investigators found even more bones at the crime scene.

Casey Anthony remains hopeful despite the murder charge ??????????????? WTH ??????

You got to be frikin kidding me!!!!

11. donnam

donnam New Member

ok I am confused. She is "hopeful" of what?

12. MaedchenX

MaedchenX It's business time.

Wow, never expected a man of the cloth would be compelled to spin in someone's defense. I don't begrude KC her right to consult with a religious advisor, I just find it strange that he would chose to speak out on her behalf.

13. wallflower67

wallflower67 Member

If she reveals to clergy that she committed the murder, he would have to come forward, just like a therapist. I believe clergy are also mandatory reporters.

I would imagine it is being recorded.

They are probably just discussing how her life will never be the same, whether in or out of prison

14. MOMto5

MOMto5 "Nana" to one

I seem to remember reading that conversations with clergy were not allowed to be recorded, but don't hold me to that.

15. HeSaidSheSaid

HeSaidSheSaid New Member

If Casey "confessed" to this Pastor, he cannot come forward and say anything. He can only do his best to convince her to confess to authorities. Also, their visits are not recorded.

16. Themis

Themis Registered User

The priest penitent privilege covers most of their conversations. It cannot be discovered by LE or the defense because it is privileged communication. Husband and wife is another example. You all know the attorney and client privilege. Further examples are: Doctor and patient, psychotherapist and patient, social worker and client and the privilege for a criminal defendant not to testify against oneself.

17. Dolce171

Dolce171 New Member

Yep....confusing is right!!!! Hopeful that the truth will not come out ???

The jail requested that the pastor visit her. Why? To console her? Have the guards become hypnotized by KC's b.s. too ????

The time has come Miss Casey .. and mark my words .. THE TRUTH WILL ALWAYS REVEAL ITSELF and the NEWS is coming very soon!

....Pop a couple of sedatives my dear .. you are going to need it!!

18. yolorado

yolorado New Member

Hopeful about what? That's it's somehow not Caylee or that she won't be convicted if it is?

19. Themis

Themis Registered User

That's not his role to put pressure on her to confess to governmental authorities; only to God. He takes no position with respect to her guilt or innocense regarding the criminal charges or with respect to any allegations in the civil case. His comment about unwinding, probably was just a referral to what you see in the news and not any reference to KC. He's a professional and will not skirt that line of confidentiality and privilege. Like the visits with the attorney, other privileged visits are not recorded.

20. tehcloser

tehcloser New Member

So this is also the A's pastor right? Wasn't there some other case where it was found out that was how the family was communicating, thru the jail visits of the pastor?

21. MD MOMMY

MD MOMMY New Member

IMO she is hopeful of a miracle that cannot connect her to that crime scene..she IMO is hopeful the State doesn't throw the death penalty on the table. JMO.