Did Patsy have Dissociative Identity Disorder

About 20 years ago I helped moderate a website for a friend. Most of the people posting were diagnosed or possible DID. I am not. The site was therapeutic and attracted people who knew they managed this condition. Probably one person opened up and it attracted others plus some fake people as well. I have met and talked to people and thought "hmm, I wonder if they dissasociate." I have never for a moment wondered about Patsy.

We all dissasociate to a degree. Most of us have wondered how we drove safely to a destination while lost in thought or daydreaming. We put objects in safe places and wonder how they got there.

Patsy's discrepancies are all too coincindental and after the fact. Two adults in the house would have kown a pineapple existed. I cannot remember the sizes of all my own knickers. Or for that matter what the cat ate yesterday morning. I hope I fed the cat. When my daughter was young, I am not sure I always knew her knickers and the size she was wearing as kids may also dress themselves or change during the day into something other than what you put out in the morning. What was in the drawer might have fitted, but different materials stretch and had she changed into her brother's pants I may not have realised till bath time as kids play and you are listening but may also have your attention on cooking dinner.

One thing about the handwriting on the note. I have two different styles. This is a result of being forced to write Italics and creating a style with flourishes in rebellion. If I write an exam I write upright but some days I use the rather eccentric flourish style. The former is faster to write and easier to read. The latter is "arty" and fun but used when I want to distract myself from a boring lecture or for fun. It took years to decide which style and if it slanted or not. It still varies as I see this as an art form. (Psychologists could have a field day I am sure! Actually how I write is a choice with practical and artistic sides to it.)

Has anyone ever looked at whether Patsy was consistent in her handwriting style? Some traits would transfer one to the other. However, not all would show up comparing a single style; or at least, this is my theory about myself writing a note.

You can be changeable, but not DID.

Last edited:
You forgot to comment on whether or not you hung your 6 year old daughter on a religious holiday and left the most popular religious book in the world open to the book that describes delivery and sacrifice over and over.

About 20 years ago I helped moderate a website for a friend. Most of the people posting were diagnosed or possible DID. I am not. The site was therapeutic and attracted people who knew they managed this condition. Probably one person opened up and it attracted others plus some fake people as well. I have met and talked to people and thought "hmm, I wonder if they dissasociate." I have never for a moment wondered about Patsy.

We all dissasociate to a degree. Most of us have wondered how we drove safely to a destination while lost in thought or daydreaming. We put objects in safe places and wonder how they got there.

Patsy's discrepancies are all too coincindental and after the fact. Two adults in the house would have kown a pineapple existed. I cannot remember the sizes of all my own knickers. Or for that matter what the cat ate yesterday morning. I hope I fed the cat. When my daughter was young, I am not sure I always knew her knickers and the size she was wearing as kids may also dress themselves or change during the day into something other than what you put out in the morning. What was in the drawer might have fitted, but different materials stretch and had she changed into her brother's pants I may not have realised till bath time as kids play and you are listening but may also have your attention on cooking dinner.

One thing about the handwriting on the note. I have two different styles. This is a result of being forced to write Italics and creating a style with flourishes in rebellion. If I write an exam I write upright but some days I use the rather eccentric flourish style. The former is faster to write and easier to read. The latter is "arty" and fun but used when I want to distract myself from a boring lecture or for fun. It took years to decide which style and if it slanted or not. It still varies as I see this as an art form. (Psychologists could have a field day I am sure! Actually how I write is a choice with practical and artistic sides to it.)

Has anyone ever looked at whether Patsy was consistent in her handwriting style? Some traits would transfer one to the other. However, not all would show up comparing a single style; or at least, this is my theory about myself writing a note.

Jackalyn,
Patsy's discrepancies are all too coincindental and after the fact.
If you read Patsy's interviews with LEA, its coincidental when it relates to the death of JonBenet otherwise she has a fine memory.

e.g. Patsy was asked what underwear JonBenet was wearing when she undressed her for bed, Patsy says she never noticed, remarking if she was wearing none, I guess I would have checked that

Patsy was also asked what underwear JonBenet wore to the White's Party again Patsy says she never noticed, but told LEA that she always chaperoned JonBenet as she bathed and changed her clothes, i.e. John was not allowed to undertake this role!

Patsy says she definitely remembers putting her niece's size-12 underwear into JonBenet's underwear drawer for her to use.

This is after going all the way to New York to purchase them as a Christmas Gift, she could have just phoned Bloomingdales and ordered a new set for JonBenet charged to her card, and delivered special delivery for Christmas, the Ramsey's were millionares, money was no bar to doing things.

Patsy said in her interview with LEA that she never ever knew that JonBenet was dressed in size-12 underwear until it was put to her at interview.

Patsy says she dressed JonBenet in a pair of Burke's old longjohns because she could not find the pink pajama bottoms JonBenet wore the night before, you get that, her memory switched back on, folks are still looking for the pink pajama bottoms, the pink pajama top can be seen on crime-scene photographs at the top of her bed.

Patsy is saying she does not know when or how JonBenet came to be dressed in the size-12's and when she pulled down JonBenet's black velvet pants to dress her in her pajamas, she never noticed any size-12's, they certainly did not fall down and she ended up putting Burke's longjohns on JonBenet.

Aspects of Patsy's writing changed after the death of JonBenet.

Jackalyn,

If you read Patsy's interviews with LEA, its coincidental when it relates to the death of JonBenet otherwise she has a fine memory.

e.g. Patsy was asked what underwear JonBenet was wearing when she undressed her for bed, Patsy says she never noticed, remarking if she was wearing none, I guess I would have checked that

Patsy was also asked what underwear JonBenet wore to the White's Party again Patsy says she never noticed, but told LEA that she always chaperoned JonBenet as she bathed and changed her clothes, i.e. John was not allowed to undertake this role!

Patsy says she definitely remembers putting her niece's size-12 underwear into JonBenet's underwear drawer for her to use.

This is after going all the way to New York to purchase them as a Christmas Gift, she could have just phoned Bloomingdales and ordered a new set for JonBenet charged to her card, and delivered special delivery for Christmas, the Ramsey's were millionares, money was no bar to doing things.

Patsy said in her interview with LEA that she never ever knew that JonBenet was dressed in size-12 underwear until it was put to her at interview.

Patsy says she dressed JonBenet in a pair of Burke's old longjohns because she could not find the pink pajama bottoms JonBenet wore the night before, you get that, her memory switched back on, folks are still looking for the pink pajama bottoms, the pink pajama top can be seen on crime-scene photographs at the top of her bed.

Patsy is saying she does not know when or how JonBenet came to be dressed in the size-12's and when she pulled down JonBenet's black velvet pants to dress her in her pajamas, she never noticed any size-12's, they certainly did not fall down and she ended up putting Burke's longjohns on JonBenet.

Aspects of Patsy's writing changed after the death of JonBenet.

I just do not think it is enough to prove Alters. When someone is DID there is just more evidence than this. We are looking at one specific issue. To prove this there would need to be a lot more. A person who is DID may know about some or all of their alters or none. The alters may know about each other. They may even report on each other. I had an instance where a an alter told me someone was planning on committing suicide. Because the alter alerted me help was put into place. Not knowing what happened or changing a story is not in itself evidence of DID.

I see someone in shock who may or may not be involved in their daughter's death. People go on shopping trips for all sorts of reasons. They don't always buy things from the most obvious place. (Yesterday I did this because I wanted to be out of the house and have an outing. I bought stuff I can buy 20 miles nearer to my home.)

It is true Patsy does not know things she should, and true her handwriting changes, but there would be previous instances of such things happening. The presence of an alter does not mean a person is likely to commit a heinous crime. They often take on a caring and protective role or a mischievous one as much as an evil one. Some do present in a sinister way, but this does not presuppose the alter will carry out an intention.

It is not the same as hearing voices tell you to do things. As far as I understand it, the alter is created when the trauma is so intense that the person retreats to cope with the pain, usually of sexual abuse. Different triggers can cause the person to switch alters. Some are destructive, but they do not have to be. The more likely scenario I have seen is where there is an evil intention the other alters present if there is more than one, gang up to protect each other and the person (although they are all the person and can integrate with therapy or prayer or both or even because the person allows this to happen and the alters agree.

In Johnbenet's case there is staging. It appears to me the work of more than one person.

I just do not get why the body was not found earlier. If your daughter was missing would you not search your entire house and tear apart every inch of it the day and hour it happened? Would you not already have searched the cellar/basement or anywhere else in the house a child would be? That delay bothers me. The idea Patsy unknowingly hurt her child still does not ring true.

To throw in another thing that bothers me about this case...

We are talking of a child who was constantly in public view in what seems to me a sexualised way in competitions that are fierce and probably breed jealousy and attract the unwanted at times. An accident covered up might lead to that kind of staging as it would be an obvious ruse. Or, one wonders, was the murder a result of some jealousy of attraction to a child in that world? Did they ever look, for example, at the relationships between the parents at those competitions?

"In Johnbenet's case there is staging. It appears to me the work of more than one person. "

The staging was not for police investigators. More than one alter not person. There is no evidence anyone else was there.

"I just do not get why the body was not found earlier."

It was by John in the morning.

"An accident covered up might lead to that kind of staging"

What evidence of an accident is there?

I just do not think it is enough to prove Alters. When someone is DID there is just more evidence than this. We are looking at one specific issue. To prove this there would need to be a lot more. A person who is DID may know about some or all of their alters or none. The alters may know about each other. They may even report on each other. I had an instance where a an alter told me someone was planning on committing suicide. Because the alter alerted me help was put into place. Not knowing what happened or changing a story is not in itself evidence of DID.

I see someone in shock who may or may not be involved in their daughter's death. People go on shopping trips for all sorts of reasons. They don't always buy things from the most obvious place. (Yesterday I did this because I wanted to be out of the house and have an outing. I bought stuff I can buy 20 miles nearer to my home.)

It is true Patsy does not know things she should, and true her handwriting changes, but there would be previous instances of such things happening. The presence of an alter does not mean a person is likely to commit a heinous crime. They often take on a caring and protective role or a mischievous one as much as an evil one. Some do present in a sinister way, but this does not presuppose the alter will carry out an intention.

It is not the same as hearing voices tell you to do things. As far as I understand it, the alter is created when the trauma is so intense that the person retreats to cope with the pain, usually of sexual abuse. Different triggers can cause the person to switch alters. Some are destructive, but they do not have to be. The more likely scenario I have seen is where there is an evil intention the other alters present if there is more than one, gang up to protect each other and the person (although they are all the person and can integrate with therapy or prayer or both or even because the person allows this to happen and the alters agree.

In Johnbenet's case there is staging. It appears to me the work of more than one person.

I just do not get why the body was not found earlier. If your daughter was missing would you not search your entire house and tear apart every inch of it the day and hour it happened? Would you not already have searched the cellar/basement or anywhere else in the house a child would be? That delay bothers me. The idea Patsy unknowingly hurt her child still does not ring true.

To throw in another thing that bothers me about this case...

We are talking of a child who was constantly in public view in what seems to me a sexualised way in competitions that are fierce and probably breed jealousy and attract the unwanted at times. An accident covered up might lead to that kind of staging as it would be an obvious ruse. Or, one wonders, was the murder a result of some jealousy of attraction to a child in that world? Did they ever look, for example, at the relationships between the parents at those competitions?

Jackalyn,
I just do not think it is enough to prove Alters.
I agree with you, I'm not persuaded Patsy had DID, but its a possibility to be considered.

They checked out the Jealous Parent Theory and it did not fly as both JonBenet and Patsy were considerate to other pageant participants.

The case boils down to whether you think JonBenet was sexually assaulted and if so who was responsible, i.e. John or Burke?

If she wasn't sexually assaulted and her injuries are staged then maybe the case is PDI?

An indirect pointer is that neither parent was hit with a True Bill count of First Degree Murder, i.e. if the case is PDI or JDI, how come no charges, just charge both parents and wait for the assistant stager to break down and squeal?

Definitely looks as if Patsy encouraged Burke and JonBenet to have a close relationship which ended up in JonBenet's death and Patsy hit with Child Neglect True Bill counts by the Grand Jury.

I've yet to see any direct evidence of DID being displayed by Patsy, so members just claiming it does not cut any ice.

Jackalyn,

I agree with you, I'm not persuaded Patsy had DID, but its a possibility to be considered.

They checked out the Jealous Parent Theory and it did not fly as both JonBenet and Patsy were considerate to other pageant participants.

The case boils down to whether you think JonBenet was sexually assaulted and if so who was responsible, i.e. John or Burke?

If she wasn't sexually assaulted and her injuries are staged then maybe the case is PDI?

An indirect pointer is that neither parent was hit with a True Bill count of First Degree Murder, i.e. if the case is PDI or JDI, how come no charges, just charge both parents and wait for the assistant stager to break down and squeal?

Definitely looks as if Patsy encouraged Burke and JonBenet to have a close relationship which ended up in JonBenet's death and Patsy hit with Child Neglect True Bill counts by the Grand Jury.

I've yet to see any direct evidence of DID being displayed by Patsy, so members just claiming it does not cut any ice.

I think anything is a possibility. I don't personally think Patsy is DID or even if she was, that would explain much. That is the trouble, all anyone can do is explore every avenue until some unquestionable evidence asserts itself and makes one theory hang together. Strange stuff happens. I had a neighbour who lived as someone else for some time. It was years before I heard about DID and now it makes sense from what she explained about that time.

Then she disappeared with her son and later resurfaced. No crime, just a lot of disappearing and reappearing. Patsy does not seem to have done this kind of thing.

However, being nice to other pageant parents is not unusual to their faces and I was thinking more of another person being jealous rather than Patsy herself. If you were ever a parent where there was competition of some kind involved, you would have experienced this. People are very nice, but let their darling be second to yours and some pretty viscious stuff can happen. I don't think this is what happened - it is just another theory.

[QUOTE="

[/QUOTE]

Certainly... but signature is what really matters.. whether you are skilled and creative in different methods of handwriting...the signature will remain, it is always unique.. it reflects the writer's character...

medical evidence requires proof... SCIENTIFIC PROOF!...

i think you need MEDICAL EXPERTS to do that before it can be considered as FACT!

You forgot to comment on whether or not you hung your 6 year old daughter on a religious holiday and left the most popular religious book in the world open to the book that describes delivery and sacrifice over and over.

If you're describing Psalm 118, everybody knows that the Bible was actually open to Psalms 35/36. Well, almost everybody....

You sound like BrotherMoon. Did you used to go by that?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back