Patsy's 1996 Christmas letter

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by icedtea4me, Aug 8, 2020.

1. 887sMtreme

887sMtreme Well-Known Member

Why would PR put "friends" in quotation marks like that? I may be wrong, but isn't that usually done to indicate intense sarcasm?

2. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

BBM

Exactly! I wondered if Patsy was using the standard Christmas letter platform to shame/humiliate her husband and 'friends' about an inadequate birthday party!

However, I get a lot of exercise jumping to conclusions!

Was there a party? Was the party enough to be considered "outrageous?" Did something happen at said party (IDK but stripper is a possibility) that Patsy did not like! Not one little bit!

@neesaki, kinda fun! Typing exclamation points!

:cool:

JMHO YMMV LRR

neesaki likes this.
  3. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Well-Known Member

PMPT Page 250sb

"Should I change?" were her first words.

"No, no, come along right now," he told her.

Lots of laughing. Patsy didn't have a clue where we were going. Patsy and John sat in the back. There was an open bar.

At the Brown Palace in Denver we had a private room. Fifty people. A band called the 4-Nikators. Sit-down dinner, open bar, huge bottles of Dom Perigon, and even cigars on the tables for everyone. Patsy was striding around big as life, puffing on a cigar like she owned the place.

The MC was a guy in drag-tiara, fluffy fur around his Collar. Talked in a southern accent and did a monologue on Patsy-the Patsy Paugh Experience, from birth to the present. The family must have coached him. Lots of in-jokes and innuendo that I didn't understand. Then at midnight we were back on the bus. Patsy opened her presents on the way back. Everyone else was dropped off along the way, and Patsy and John were left alone on the bus.

That was probably the last time I saw JonBenet alive. Early that evening, before we left Patsy and John's home, both kids got on the bus to say hello to their grandparents and their aunts and uncles.

-Judith Phillips”

s-birthday-patsy-1996.htm

Maybe Patsy was humiliated by a drag queen imitating her and felt it was a slight by her husband regarding her sexuality.

Laughing, neesaki and 887sMtreme like this.
  4. 887sMtreme

I’m glad I’ve been patient — finally, I’ve learned something new about this horrible case. Thanks! That was fascinating.

Laughing, icedtea4me and neesaki like this.
  5. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

Well, yes.... now that you mention it... it was a bit of fun!!! :cool:

Laughing likes this.
  6. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

First I’ve ever heard if this. Does make me wonder.
    She was seriously walking around puffing on a cigar? Those things are really strong. Especially for a woman. I know, tried a hit or two once upon a time off my Dhs.... no way for me.

Laughing and Venom like this.
  7. Venom

Venom Well-Known Member

I'm just thinking how I would feel if my husband hired a drag queen to do a monologue on me for my birthday in front of a bunch of people....not very happy. It's easy to laugh it off, but if you really think about it o_O

8. icedtea4me

icedtea4me Well-Known Member

To be fair, I don't think John chose the drag queen, but he at least sanctioned the act by paying for it.

9. Venom

Venom Well-Known Member

Fair enough, but still my mom, sisters, friends coming up with it.

Zella, 887sMtreme, Laughing and 2 others like this.
  10. Laughing

Laughing Well-Known Member

Outrageous is a good descriptor, indeed. Indicating that perhaps the author was outraged at the party arrangements?

Certainly could be viewed as a slap.

Thanks for providing that information!

neesaki and 887sMtreme like this.
  11. Venom

Venom Well-Known Member

Could that be why friends was in quotation marks? Could she mean how could "friends" come up with a drag queen doing a monologue of her life?

12. 887sMtreme

Yes, I believe that’s why icedtea4me posted that retelling of the event.

Laughing and icedtea4me like this.
  13. Venom

Venom Well-Known Member

Oops, I missed that. :)

14. fr brown

fr brown Well-Known Member

I bought a secondhand copy of Andrew G. Hodges' Who Will Speak for Jonbenet? It's inscribed by the author and I could go to town on the scribbling, but I won't. I could go to town on many other things, but I won't.

As I was casting about on the internet looking for reviews, I found one by Jameson. I didn't find anything to disagree with there except I will note that "blah, blah, blah" is not particularly informative. A sentence in the penultimate paragraph caught my eye, though. She writes: "It's just amazing how this case separates the sheep from the goats: The Donald Fosters from the Jameson's; the ST's from the Lou Smits...." This is parallel construction so the sheep are Donald Foster and Steve Thomas; the goats are Jameson and Lou Smit. Everybody knows that it's the sheep God sets at His right hand and will reward. I don't know what happens to the goats, but I'm thinking goat curry.

This is my idea of a subliminal confession.

Laughing likes this.
  15. fr brown

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I will mention one observation of great genius I noticed in Hodges' book. He says that in the ransom note's "It's up to you John" sentence, "to" means "two" and that means two murderers.

Before I got this book I thought that Hodges was just a grifter. Now I think he may be genuinely unhinged.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2020
    Logic101 and Laughing like this.
  16. fr brown

Icedtea4me, I'm sorry if I stepped on your thread. I'm not the one who brought up Hodges, if you remember. But Hodges having been brought up, I looked into him and was shocked by the things he claims as facts, knowable to a select few. I didn't, however, want to start a thread on Hodges.

But I think I might start a thread on him.

Kkelann, pukasonqo2 and Laughing like this.