Patsy's headstone

Discussion in 'JonBenet Ramsey' started by santos1014, Nov 9, 2006.

1. coloradokares

coloradokares New Member

My friend who had the same diagnosis lived not quite 3 years. She did every chemo every gamma knife for what spread to the brain, my point only that Patsy really lived past expectations I'd think,

2. 4sure

4sure New Member

The founding fathers were doing no such thing. The revolutionary war was not fought over religion. What school did you go to? Try reading Ben Franklins Bio sometime. By the way we do not live in a democracy (better stop watching tv and Bush) we live in what is called a representative republic.

I never said you don't have the right to say whatever you want. I'm just trying to invoke a little understanding.

3. cappuccina

cappuccina Former Member

...did you graduate high school, by chance?

Heeere iz sum informayshun on R Fownding Faatherz and relijun 4 yoo:

From the United States' Library of Congress:

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/religion/rel03.html

Oh, and I'll quote the first sentence:

"Religion played a major role in the American Revolution by offering a moral sanction for opposition to the British..."

Here is the LOC's summary statement on the exhibits and materials on this subject: "The efforts of the Founders of the American nation to define the role of religious faith in public life and the degree to which it could be supported by public officials that was not inconsistent with the revolutionary imperatives of the equality and freedom of all citizens is the central question which this exhibition explores."...and...*drumroll* the title of this exhibit and materials sponsored by the LOC is:

"Religion and the Founding of the American Republic"

Actually, we are BOTH a representative republic and a democracy...a representative republic is a more specific type of democracy...

I do not watch TV; I do not have a TV in my living room...

Any other questions...?

4. Becba

Becba Former Member

http://monotheism.us/

John Locke:
    “Religion, which should most distinguish us from beasts, and ought most particularly to elevate us, as rational creatures, above brutes, is that wherein men often appear most irrational, and more senseless than beasts themselves.”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Abraham Lincoln:“My earlier views of the unsoundness of the Christian scheme of salvationand the human origin of the scriptures, have become clearer and stronger with advancing years and I see no reason for thinking I shall ever change them.” (to Judge JS. Wakefield, after Willie Lincoln's death)
    Mary Todd Lincoln:
    • “Mr. Lincoln was not a Christian.”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Theodore Roosevelt:
    “To discriminate against a thoroughly upright citizen because he belongs to some particular church, or because, like Abraham Lincoln, he has not avowed his allegiance to any church, is an outrage against that liberty of conscience which is one of the foundations of American life.” (letter to J. C. Martin, 9 November 1908)

5. cappuccina

cappuccina Former Member

....interesting about Lincoln, and how he defined himself...

6. Rupert

Rupert Former Member

4sure,

I think it was either the Rams or someone very cunning and close. If you suggest anyone but the Rams, look out. What you are seeing here is the will to dominate.

What you and I think is rash, most on the forum here think is old hat, case closed and all boxed up.
    Peace be with you.

7. Solace

Solace New Member

4Sure:

With all due respect to your theory on where we live and how it is not a democracy, you might want to try listening to some people who have relocated here from Iraq. This is a democracy my friend. You would not make it over there. They would not let you. Believe me you are in a democracy. FWIW, those few I have talked to about Iraq, absolutely loathe the place, it is hell on earth to them. Just an example of what we have here. You may disagree with some things that Bush is doing, as I do; but we have a freedom here unlike any other country, whether you agree with that or not - you have a freedom that most people do not.

8. 4sure

4sure New Member

Which we live in...I agree. Although I think religion was (played)used more as a tool during the revolution. It was not it's cause or justification except when needed to motivate the population.

9. 4sure

4sure New Member

I see. It's ok. Their welcome to their opinion so long as in the spirt of "democracy" I can have mine.