Paula Abdul says goodbye to IDOL...

OK, per New York Entertainment Simon Cowel has been offered between $100million and $144 million per year by Fox and 19 Entertainment to extend his Idol contract when it expires at the end of next May. Ryan Seacrest has approximately 45 million reasons to be happy on this Monday morning. He signed an exclusive three-year deal with Idol parent company CKX, making him the most highly compensated reality-show television host in history. Paula was offered 30% more of her 5 million dollar salary a year as an Idol Judge and that's most likely why she feels she needs to hold out for more. I could see why she would be unhappy with "the men" making so much more..But, I have to admit..Paula does make the show Interesting.. Kara...BORING!

I completely agree with you!

I like Paula when she is not slurring her words and looking under the influence. I keep waiting for her to leave the show and end up moving in with SImon. LOL Citing the reason she had to leave was because she and SImon wanted to be together but could not do so while both employed by AI. LOL I think they are great together and are most definitely something electric between them.

I agree, Idol will NOT be the same without her. FOX - pony up some more dough and get her back!!

Paula was part of Idol, whether you like her or not. I'm not a huge fan of Idol, but I like to watch at times just to see what crazy things she will do next.

I don't mind Kara, but her opinion duplicates Randy's so much of the time, I don't see what she adds. (But I LOVED her bikini bit on last year's finale. What a good sport--and she looks great in swimwear!)

But let's face it, for the past several years, what have we all been talking about on the morning after each show? What Paula said and what Paula did.

I can imagine she was a handful, but if this is a move by the AI producers, it's a mistake.

I know a lot of people feel the same way you do about her but I actually don't find her boring at all. I think she gives good constructive critisism (I know I spelled that wrong - one of those words I can just never get right), she is honest and I even think she is charismatic and funny. AND, I sure wish I looked like THAT in a bikini!

Honestly out of all 4 judges I think Randy brings the least to the table. He always says the same things, he is boring to me, not very articulate. If I had to pick a judge to go it would be him.

I totally understand Paula being upset by the HUGE discrepancies in what different judges are making. I think the Idol producers did that to her on purpose trying to get her to not want to come back. Does anyone know how much Kara makes for her role?

I just hate to see another year of Kara. I find her totally boring. JMO

I loved watching Paula. One never knew what she would do, or if she could manage to even speak......She always fumbled her words. I don't think
it is over yet. Probably holding out for the bigger bucks.

Paula cracked me up....

Can't stand that Karen, she brought nothing to the show. She should go.

Goz

I liked Paula too. But I don't feel she will be coming back. I think they are aready finding replacements.

I don't think it is fair that a woman cannot hold out and get properly compensated the way a man can like Ryan Seacrest did. I have lost a lot of respect for Idol.

I anticipated this would happen when I first heard Idol was adding another female Judge. I always felt Kara was added to replace Paula. I don't know that we are hearing the whole story about why Paula will not be back.

I know a lot of people feel the same way you do about her but I actually don't find her boring at all. I think she gives good constructive critisism (I know I spelled that wrong - one of those words I can just never get right), she is honest and I even think she is charismatic and funny. AND, I sure wish I looked like THAT in a bikini!

Honestly out of all 4 judges I think Randy brings the least to the table. He always says the same things, he is boring to me, not very articulate. If I had to pick a judge to go it would be him.

I totally understand Paula being upset by the HUGE discrepancies in what different judges are making. I think the Idol producers did that to her on purpose trying to get her to not want to come back. Does anyone know how much Kara makes for her role?

I don't disagree with you about Randy, but we both know that AI is sensitive to the importance of African Americans in popular music and isn't going to have an all-white panel.

I too understand Abdul's resentment of discrepancies in publicly reported salaries. It's a rather big dis.

God give me the strength to stop watching the show!

(BTW, I said above I can "imagine Abdul being a handful." I should have clarified that I meant because of her medical issues. I have no reason to believe she is unkind to anyone.)

Aren`t there a bunch of shows that Nigel (can`t remember his last name) does. I wonder if she will eventually get the big bucks and go on one of those shows to boost ratings.

Aren`t there a bunch of shows that Nigel (can`t remember his last name) does. I wonder if she will eventually get the big bucks and go on one of those shows to boost ratings.

Dancing with the Stars is one .... and I just read today that they invited her to dance or be a guest judge.

I also read today that Posh Spice (bleh) will be a guest judge on Idol.

I wonder if this is just a publicity stunt and Paula will wind up coming back?

I have no clue, but I really hate to see her go :(

I also heard that Posh Spice will be a guest judge on Idol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back