PayPal Donations for Documents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if we are doing okay with the money needed?

Can we still send money?

Any word on new info being released?

Thanks for everyones hard work. It is much appreciated.:loveyou:

Hi beach – Others have offered to transcribe some of the interviews from Doc Dump 4, thanks to ATL suggesting that we will all be grateful to have the transcriptions for review when this case gets closer to trial.

We got a dozen or more of the official transcriptions with Doc Dump 2, of which the audio/video of those interviews were received in Doc Dump 4.

Some more of the Doc Dump 4 audio/video interviews may have already been officially transcribed but not released yet to the public. Or, some interviews could be scheduled to be officially transcribed at a later date.

From my prior experience with public records request, you can usually find out from the government agency what the status is for official transcribing of each of the video/audio interviews.

My point in writing this comment is to save some time for WSer’s doing transcribing. It could be that many of those transcriptions will be in a future document release. And the SAO would likely provide helpful information as to the status of the transcriptions.

Hi beach – Others have offered to transcribe some of the interviews from Doc Dump 4, thanks to ATL suggesting that we will all be grateful to have the transcriptions for review when this case gets closer to trial.

We got a dozen or more of the official transcriptions with Doc Dump 2, of which the audio/video of those interviews were received in Doc Dump 4.

Some more of the Doc Dump 4 audio/video interviews may have already been officially transcribed but not released yet to the public. Or, some interviews could be scheduled to be officially transcribed at a later date.

From my prior experience with public records request, you can usually find out from the government agency what the status is for official transcribing of each of the video/audio interviews.

My point in writing this comment is to save some time for WSer’s doing transcribing. It could be that many of those transcriptions will be in a future document release. And the SAO would likely provide helpful information as to the status of the transcriptions.

Thanks for the suggestion. I, too, appreciate the efforts but I KNOW how difficult and time consuming it is. Not to mention (as KateB can attest) it is easy to miss things. I will look into this asap. If that doesn't pan out, I know a member who is an certified transcriptionist (IIRC, a former court reporter?) and helped us TREMENDOUSLY in the Anthony case. I know she is still active here and working on other cases but I will see if she has time to help us knock some of these out.

New Docs to be released soon!

We received notice from the SAO office yesterday that they are preparing the next release of docs. :happydance:

In honor of David Bowie I'm tempted to serenade you all with bad karaoke version of Chh, chh, CHANGES :rocker: but alas, I will spare you all and just explain in type. You're welcome. lol

For quite a while I have been working behind the scenes to find a way to help offset these substantial costs.
As you all know, we still have a long way to go and a lot of docs are yet to be released. We have entered into an agreement with 3 other parties to share the files and expenses. One agency will request the docs and we will split the production/redaction costs (hourly labor fees) which is the bulk of the expense. Each participant is responsible for their own their own cost per page (if documents) or the disks (if digital). We will still receive ALL the files we would have received if we had purchased them ourselves. Nothing about that will change. The only thing changes are positive ones: we will just be paying about 1/3 of what we would have if we purchased them without this agreement, it will save NIN a TON of time and work and we should be able to provide faster access to you guys.

That said, the original estimate for this batch was $1,800. :scared: That will probably increase a little since we know there will be one less party (WS) requesting them. (SAO splits the labor costs depending on how many agencies are requesting and it is my understanding there are fewer requests than in the beginning.) So the total amount is still not firm but, hopefully, a pretty close estimate.

I explained all this to Tricia and asked her how much our goal should be. We have $266 surplus left over from the last batch. Since this is new for all of us, she suggested we try to raise an additional $500 to make sure we can cover our portion. That may be more than we will need but any surplus will be applied to future doc purchases.

Anyway, I think everyone will agree that $500 is a whole lot better than $1,800. And we anticipate having some of that left over to apply to future purchases.

If you would like to contribute, here is the drill again -

Go to www.paypal.com and put in the email address websleuthsprojects@gmail.com

Note: you must have a PayPal account and, when posting your donation, the entire email address above must be entered. (just typing in "Websleuths" will not work)

Tricia has directed me to ask anyone uncomfortable using the PayPal method, to PM her directly. She may have another couple of options available for you guys.

This is not a non-profit donation. There are no tax benefits for donating.

Thanks again to everyone. For your understanding, as well as your contributions. :heartbeat:

I really appreciate the way the donations are handled. Thank you. It is nice to be able to contribute what we can when we can.

All done! Thanks for finding away to share the costs!

Done. Tricia, beach and and all the rest of the staff, thanks for all you do. Great idea about cost sharing with other parties.
Can't wait to see what else is there to discover. Until now it looks like LE did a stellar job.

How are we doing so far? Progressing toward goal or stagnating? Thanks for your work to put together a pool to share costs.

Just checked the PayPal account. Balance is $281.24.

The person coordinating the 4 parties splitting the costs contacted me within an hour after Mark was arrested. (It is a media outlet and, as I am sure everyone can understand, they were slammed on Friday. And it wasn't a good time to be bothering the SAO either. ;) ) None of us know quite what to make of the status of this release since now there will be no trial for CWW. Is the SAO even going to proceed with this release? If so, I imagine we are bound to purchase them since we all agreed and gave the SAO the green light. We just don't know yet. Hopefully we will have some answers on Monday.

If the SAO advises us otherwise, then any money we have now and continue to collect will be used to purchase discovery related to the State of Florida v. Mark Sievers. I think I am safe in assuming that will be okay with everyone. If not, please advise.

Thanks for the update Beach. I am fine with the monies being used for MS discovery. If they have to be used for CWW that is fine too.

Please let us know if more money is needed.

Thank you for all the hard work.

The way AZlawyer explained it recently, all evidence/documentation relating to the charges (whether directly tied to JR, CWW, or MS) must be timely shared with CWW's attorney except for specific issues still under investigation where the premature release could impede the investigation.

This means to me that the flow of releases will now be quite easy. The attorneys for JR and MS can immediately be provided with all the documents previously released . Future releases should not overlap any of the previous releases.

Regarding the current batch we are awaiting, it seems the
SAO would simply confirm that all other parties still want to purchase it. Is that how you see it?

Will head to the bank and make my deposit on Monday after work, like previously through Trish. Thank you all so much for all you do, and it's a lot!! [emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trish, I want to donate for documents too but I do not want to go through
pay pal. Is there a mailing address to Websleuths?

Mystymiss, send Tricia a PM if you are not comfortable with PayPal. There may be other options.

Thanks for the suggestion. I, too, appreciate the efforts but I KNOW how difficult and time consuming it is. Not to mention (as KateB can attest) it is easy to miss things. I will look into this asap. If that doesn't pan out, I know a member who is an certified transcriptionist (IIRC, a former court reporter?) and helped us TREMENDOUSLY in the Anthony case. I know she is still active here and working on other cases but I will see if she has time to help us knock some of these out.

This is the first I've heard of transcription being part of the workload. Can someone please chime in to explain how this works?

I'm wondering if I may be able to help in this area. I'm by no means a (certified) transcriptionist :giggle: but I type pretty fast, and am willing to help (Does my PL experience count? :earson: )

TIA!

This is the first I've heard of transcription being part of the workload. Can someone please chime in to explain how this works?

I'm wondering if I may be able to help in this area. I'm by no means a (certified) transcriptionist :giggle: but I type pretty fast, and am willing to help (Does my PL experience count? :earson: )

TIA!

And I may not be as fast as I used to be, but I would also be glad to help transcribe if needed.

Attention!

Docs to be Released today

See email below for update:

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 1:09 PM, [redacted] wrote:

Hi [Beach],
We got the final tab for the next batch of document the SAO is ready to release today. SAO's estimate was approx. $1800 but the final amount is between $2200-2300.
Are you still interested in splitting the cost? It will end up being about $550 per outlet.
They should be available today.
Thanks,
[redacted]​

I am traveling and this person called me as I was unable to respond to her email timely. I specifically asked her if the docs were ready and she said, "It sounded to me like they would be ready this afternoon." She is going to contact me the minute they get the word and I will post here.

If you were planning on contributing and did not want to use PayPal, please PM Tricia or email her at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com so she can advise you of other options.

Thank you, Beach!! So much easier to get the docs directly from source now! Coolest thing!!!!!!!

Safe travels!

-Nin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads