penalty phase #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

... McGuire is the woman from NJ who killed her husband, chopped him up into pieces and placed his body parts in separate suitcases and drove to Maryland/Virginia and threw the suitcases into the Chesapeake Bay...

:thud:

She chopped him up? Then drove around with pieces of her husband in suitcases? OMG. I need air.

Actually, KM phrased it more like a jodi "show and tell". Makes me think its not what they want to do but hell with it. Let JA do it her way.

I believe it was the poster StephanieH who said if you look at the pic of the butterfly closely, the flowers are actually fingers ready to squish it. Perhaps that picture should be shown to the jury and the fingers should be pointed out.

Jean lost me during the Melanie McGuire trial. McGuire is the woman from NJ who killed her husband, chopped him up into pieces and placed his body parts in separate suitcases and drove to Maryland/Virginia and threw the suitcases into the Chesapeake Bay. McGuire is somewhat attractive in appearance and very petite and throughout that trial Jean C seemed enthralled by her -referring to Melanie as being "LOVELY, Just Lovely!" Made me ill and I've never forgotten it. I'll take Beth ANY DAY! Beth is awesome. She's genuine, smart, and a straight shooter. No drama or BS with Beth!

Yes Melanie...another intelligent sociopath. That crime was certainly horrific, as well.

"I don't want these nightmares anymore. I don't want to see my brothers murderer anymore. I don't want to hear his name dragged through the mud anymore"
-Steven Alexander

You read my mind. Been wondering about that the past few days...or one gunshot...and left him to die. She hung herself. Took her own crime scene pics and went stabby enough to get the DP.

Don't wonder anymore. She wanted him dead. She made sure he was. His dying breath sounds just made her more incensed and more determined to finish the job.

"I don't want these nightmares anymore. I don't want to see my brothers murderer anymore. I don't want to hear his name dragged through the mud anymore"
-Steven Alexander

Listening to Steven and his sister was absolutely heartbreaking.

Bless them for their strength!
:heart:

OMG! Yes! They would know!!!

I HAD A MAJOR AIRHEAD MOMENT! LOL!

So embarrassed!

ETA - I think I was thinking that she would physically be in the court room and jurors would see her face, but it wouldn't be shown on camera. But they are video taping her, hey? DUH on my part.

I understand. Yeah, if they did it live just like when they did her Ex, then yeah they may not know because they may not have realized the TV audience could only see his hands. But if there is a tape shown, then of course the Jury will either see her face blurred out OR maybe they will video-tape her in a chair backwards and we only see her from the back.

Good evening Mellinyce and everyone!
:seeya:

This must have been before the Judge's order NOT to do interviews, or as quoted in an earlier post, a "source" told People.

One question. I have seen parts of Nurmi's addressing the court today, however, nothing on whether he is finished or if there will be more tomorrow?

:waitasec:

:seeya: Panthera =D dark courtroom tomorrow my darlin kitty

when i think of cmja claiming abuse and neglect as a child and as an adult, i am angry. If anyone was abused and neglected as a child, it was travis and his siblings. To claim it further as an adult, is reprehensible. Jmv

this, 1000%!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the People Magazine article, it was a source (probably Donovan) who said Arias changed her mind about the DP.

After her conviction, Arias told a reporter that she would prefer to die quickly than to live a long life in prison. A source close to Arias tells PEOPLE that, after reflecting on what she said, Arias would prefer a life sentence over execution.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20700733,00.html

WOW! I missed that and I was all over the People site! It was posted on the 15th but never showed up a few minutes ago till I used your link. TY! I hate whisper down the lane and you shut it down!

Isn't there some kind of copyright law? Why haven't we heard from these companies and the original artists? Another highlight on her being a first offender :floorlaugh:

I wondered about that too. And ironically she has a copyright tab on her website which reads...

All rights reserved under the International and Pan-American Copyright Conventions, including, but not limited to, the right to reproduce this work or any work by Jodi Ann Arias in any form whatsoever without prior written permission from Jodi Ann Arias. Jodi Ann Arias retains the copyright on all her artwork.

http://www./?page_id=30

Heard that and lol !!
Love Mark Eiglarsh.

Dr Drews co-host "Jenny" needs to exit stage left ... ASAP.
She's terrible and really dumbs down the show (if that's possible?)

Why does Dr D waste time on a "co-host?" He wants to defer to them and it often is at the expense of a knowledgeable panel member.

does anyone think that the closed courtroom hearing with only the fam, atty, ja. maybe jm wanted to play the interview for the court and use it in his response? otherwise why ask everyone seated to leave the courtroom? idk just thinking out loud. moo

Listening to Steven and his sister was absolutely heartbreaking.

Bless them for their strength!
:heart:

Didn't Jodi nod her head when he said that?

Does that mean she will no longer drag his name through the mud from here on out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcerPacer