Penalty Phase #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I wasn't the only one who thought Patti Womack sounded "medicated" in the Nancy Grace interviews.
She was loop-de-loo there....definitely on something but its hard to tell if legal or illegal.

Holy Snikes!

This will probably be redundant, as likely 37 or so of you sleuthers have already said this, but....
NOW we know why DT chose to call someone of Ms. Womacks character to be a mitigation witness!
Perfect set up, they knew that the drug use would pop up and Juan would grab onto that and ride her hard (behave Juanettes!), then they could claim everything is SOOOOOOOOOOO unfair for poor Ms. A.

Well, I guess we'll soon see if JA begs for the DP.

Oh my...if Nurmi doesn't have a good reason to not put DB on the stand, he may get his mistrial--and might also be disbarred.

However, if the prosecution can show that DB isn't even in town -- there's a problem. That means a) he didn't want to testify, or b) the DT told him to stay at home. We all know PW isn't there.

I'm sure Juan will be able to clear that up quickly.

If the DT told them to stay home -- that in fact is witness tampering for the benefit of JA.

MOO

Mel

well the last thing the judge said was that she assumed their client wanted to elocute, maybe they're taking a break before Jodi pleads to the jury for her life.

Just wondering why all her family is there but no one will/can speak for her?

Because they don't want to lie? jmo:seeya:

All I care about is: will their tactic work on appeal or not? This all seems to be JA's doing.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial
Dennis was explaining to me the family of Travis' and friends had some new keychains and other Travis trinkets this morning. #JodiArias

KCL got to the court house!!!!.......pics of the keychains on the sidebar thread

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 29s
We are at recess. Not sure what the next step is. Stay tuned. #JodiArias

Now there's an understatement.

Much as people try to expect the unexpected, I wonder how many people called this one correctly...no mitigation witnesses?

Does JA wish to allocute? We did not get the answer to this question.

So much for Nurmi's opening statement and his list of mitigating factors/circumstances.

It is all but done now for the murderer...DP seems to be a foregone conclusion unless there is a juror who goes against their voir dire of being DP qualified.

How long will deliberations take?

I think we all knew there would be some huge dramatic (and unreasonable) antics today and they did not disappoint, huh?

From WAT :

1m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Nurmi and Willmott went to chambers and #JodiArias followed. Stay tuned for more waiting everyone. :)

:scared::scared: Is WAT on a DELAY ? I see he is way ahead of the video ...

:scared::scared: Now I have the SEAL on WAT ...

Jodi's going to fire them???

I feel bad for Jodi - this is pathetic that No One will speak out to save her - I am not understanding why Alyce Laviolette isn't present to take the stand.

I don't think this has anything to do with people not wanting to speak on her behalf. The latest motion drama has everything to do with future appeals. It's all jockeying for appeal position. Don't feed the drama llama.

I do think it is the intent to help her appeal.

Driving me nuts.

Call out the lawyers!! Is the DT allowed to throw a hissy fit and refuse to put on a mitigation case?????

A reversible error is when the Judge makes a mistake in a ruling during the trial. That means that the case is sent back for a new trial b/c the Court of Appeals and Supreme Court uphold that there was an error.

An Appeal will happen regardless. It is guaranteed in a capital murder conviction. That does not mean that any reversible error will be found, ie. it does not guarantee that the case will be sent back for trial. Most appeals are denied.

Funny for a client that just wants to die right?? Lets make more appeals even though I have been found guilty, to keep me alive longer....

I wish they could play, " If I had killed Travis, I would beg for the death penalty. "

JSS made a GREAT decision by agreeing that any defense witness could testify under seal! That takes all wind out of the intimidation BS. Glad JSS said that in open court too. If I were JSS I would be SO SICK of this trial, this case and this defense team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood