Penalty Phase #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone googled Yreka? It doesn't seem to be a place where you would gain much culture. If you look at each of Jodi's boyfriends each is a new stepping stone to new experiences. She probably was a hard worker and saved enough to escape.

I'm not positive but I do think ppl is a Mormon owned organization. And she was drawn to the ideals and status of the organization. Darryl seems to be a follower to his ex wife's journey only to be with his son.

Jodi just isn't normal. There are a lot of arguments that she doesn't associate with other people normally. I'm not blaming her mother but I often wonder how prepared she was to be a mother when jodi came around. And on top of that she has a twin. Believe me I'm not generalizing but some twin relationships are stronger than the bonds with their children.
No matter the home life, I don't think jodi was socialized correctly, yes just like you socialize your dog.

Travis had a terrible upbringing, and may have had insecurities with women that had "idealistic" families. Because jodi had learned to be a social chameleon it didn't throw off immediate signs that she was trouble.

Unfortunately for everyone Jodi's old tricks learned did not work. She more than likely felt that this was it for her. She had put a lot of energy into thinking magically... She just never learned how to let go and start over.

Jodi appears to be pretty confident until the unplanned or unscripted happens. I don't think someone has been telling her she would be free, I think she grasped the idea that it was a possibility and that was the only outcome she would accept.

I would not be surprised by anything she does tomorrow. She might get tasered, she might hurt someone with a pencil, she may proclaim she still loves Travis and wants to see him soon. I'm happy with the jury's verdict! She can't change that!

LegalShield Ownership = http://www.midoceanpartners.com/cgi-bin/index.pl

Although, it sure seems like there alot of PPL Mormon folks. :twocents:

They knew and worked with Travis which is what he did for a living and HE was LDS.

It's like saying if he sold Avon or Mary Kay or Shanklee or Pampered Chef or Discovery Toys, etc. (all MLM companies) that they are owned by the LDS church. They aren't owned by the LDS church either.

I know several people with PPL/Legal Shield and none of them are LDS. :twocents:

Why is Arias' family not testifying on her behalf?

Oh my!

"WHAT WE MAY EXPECT TOMORROW: 10-15 easels set up around the court room with Jodi's art work. Jodi will get up before the jury and describe each piece of art."

This from a poster on Facebook called: "Juan Martinez vs. the FOG - The Voice for Travis Alexander"

Well, that'll be fine as long as she attributes the art work factually... (hah!)

Did any of you see -- I think on NG -- tonight where someone compared JA's "artwork" to some ads in magazines?? Side by side, her work was identical to the full-page magazine ad. Just the colors were different. It was obvious that she traced them!! I am so naive -- I didn't really like what I saw on ebay, but she was selling them -- pics that were traced. Is she just a fake all the way around...from her *advertiser censored* to her easel!? Geez.
icon8.gif

I don't think Gus Searcy was a Mormon. :floorlaugh:

I'm not familiar with either PPL or LDS. I suppose the players in this case are PPL or LDS or both! :seeya:

They knew and worked with Travis which is what he did for a living and HE was LDS.

It's like saying if he sold Avon or Mary Kay or Shanklee or Pampered Chef or Discovery Toys, etc. (all MLM companies) that they are owned by the LDS church. They aren't owned by the LDS church either.

I know several people with PPL/Legal Shield and none of them are LDS. :twocents:

Just wanted to jump in and say that IMO, this whole thing was set up today. Including the interview with DB afterwards. (I'll have more on that after I listen to the interview again but I think he was given talking points and screwed up timelines and facts - he was VERY nervous with dry mouth).

I want to know who set up this interview with DB and when. Anyone know?

Did other reporters request interviews with DB?

DB wants everyone to believe jodi was normal. He said jodi acted normal the morning she had breakfast with him. So much for insight.

Don't know for sure WM, maybe because JM would cross examine and make any of her family members admit JA was never abused at home.

Or maybe Nurmi wants all of them sitting in court in front of the jury with none of them seeming willing to speak on her behalf even when her life is at stake, to prove the mitigation factor that she has no family support.

Why do I feel like tomorrow is going to be Show and Tell time? :floorlaugh: I can just see Jodi trotting in her crayon tracings to show the jury how valuable she could be to society. I hate having such a hard heart when it comes to her, but she refuses to feel one ounce of pity or regret for killing Travis 3 times over. She seems to think we should all just accept that as a necessity and move on. It's not going to happen. When you take a life, you should lose your life. If a jury spares your life, it's because you show real remorse for your actions. I don't think she's capable of real remorse. She's just that cold. I hope tomorrow is her second to the last performance. If she's given death, doesn't she have a right to say something before sentence is pronounced? If so, she'll be in those "do these stripes make my butt look big" clothes. :floorlaugh:

So, along with her crayon tracings, will Jodi come in braids and a school girl outfit tomorrow? :floorlaugh:

I agree, no matter what, she is incapable of remorse.

I think the DT is pitching a fit because she has a Plan C, which she has announced and will not tell them what it is. She has refused to allow her "loved ones" to testify because she is clicking her secret plan into motion. Nurmi and Wilmott are bumping into each other trying to save their own careers. She is now the last thing on their minds.

I think her secret plan is to change her defense strategy at the last possible moment, when she has no risk of cross-examination. I suspect she's going to say that she is stepping away from the traditional mediation testimony. She's going to tell them that she isn't going to insult their intelligence by talking about her work with domestic violence victims or her art, her singing talent or the help she gave her grandmother in the garden.

What she is now going to tell them is what has actually happened in this trial. She'll say she's aware that they think she's a liar and she doesn't blame them, but there is an explanation and she always knew the truth would come out. Now is the time for that truth-- that the fog lifted during the trial and she remembered the horrific details of the death of Travis Alexander.

She told her attorneys that her memory had returned and she now realized that she had "snapped." She will remind them that Nurmi mentioned her possibly snapping during closing arguments--that's what he was alluding to. Unfortunately, at the time the fog lifted, she had a meeting with her defense team and they told her it was too late to change her defense. She would have to keep the self-defense defense and hope for the best.

"I struggled terribly with this," ladies and gentlemen, "I wanted to tell you the truth!" Mr. Nurmi had to keep reminding me in his questions that I couldn't remember... it has been SO HARD to be forced to keep lying to you.

Now that I am going to be sentenced to death--and I know you will give me the death penalty-- I don't care what he or Ms. Wilmott think. I want to go to my grave with a pure heart knowing I told the truth in this court and before God.

When Travis had sex with me, I thought for sure he would take me to Cancun and we would continue having the occasional travel-with-benefits like we did before. He would have other girlfriends, like back then, but I was the only one he slept with and I was the only one he took on these trips. It worked great because mostly no one from the ward saw us and Travis could keep up appearances. That was the deal we had.

I figured we'd each find eternal companions eventually and repent and both of us would marry other people, and like I said to (friend), our children would play together.

But Travis had developed this sick pattern of being very mean to me after we had sex. Like he was disgusted with himself and had contempt for me.

He was saying these terrible things about me, calling me names and saying he never wanted to see my ugly face --RIGHT AFTER WE HAD SEX MIND YOU--and I just couldn't take it.

I snapped. The knife was right there and I grabbed it and then all the anger I had been stuffing for all those months of him leading a double life --all that hypocrisy of teaching people how to better themselves like he was all that...well, it came out in a boiling rage. I now remember stabbing him and dragging him and I am horrified at what I did.

When I calmed down, I tried to put him out of his suffering with a bullet because what else could I do for him? He was dying!

Ladies and gentlemen, that is the truth. I don't blame Mr. Nurmi or Ms. Wilmott--they were only trying to help me with their legal knowledge, but at some point, you have to own what you have done.

I loved Travis ALexander and I killed him. I can't change that and I am sorry for putting you through this ridiculous trial. I thank you in advance for giving me my freedom and the opportunity to be with Travis again.

Good Grief! Woman, you have just written the best dern defense JA could possibly fathom. (i hope she doesn't get wind of it untill it's too late...):floorlaugh:

I'm an exmormon, and I am suppressing the urge to talk about it. I want to keep all my focus on Justice. However, I think this blog entry will benefit people who are wondering about Mormons and MLMs.

http://notamormon.blogspot.jp/2006/08/why-do-so-many-mormons-enter-mlm.html

Most of my mormon friends do MLMs...Amway, Nu Skin, Juice Plus, Beauty Control, Stampin' Up....I'm afraid Travis just got too ensnared with the PPL and success. Deanna even understood how shady MLMs are. :twocents:

I think the DT is pitching a fit because she has a Plan C, which she has announced and will not tell them what it is. She has refused to allow her "loved ones" to testify because she is clicking her secret plan into motion. Nurmi and Wilmott are bumping into each other trying to save their own careers. She is now the last thing on their minds.

I think her secret plan is to change her defense strategy at the last possible moment, when she has no risk of cross-examination. I suspect she's going to say that she is stepping away from the traditional mediation testimony. She's going to tell them that she isn't going to insult their intelligence by talking about her work with domestic violence victims or her art, her singing talent or the help she gave her grandmother in the garden.

What she is now going to tell them is what has actually happened in this trial. She'll say she's aware that they think she's a liar and she doesn't blame them, but there is an explanation and she always knew the truth would come out. Now is the time for that truth-- that the fog lifted during the trial and she remembered the horrific details of the death of Travis Alexander.

She told her attorneys that her memory had returned and she now realized that she had "snapped." She will remind them that Nurmi mentioned her possibly snapping during closing arguments--that's what he was alluding to. Unfortunately, at the time the fog lifted, she had a meeting with her defense team and they told her it was too late to change her defense. She would have to keep the self-defense defense and hope for the best.

"I struggled terribly with this," ladies and gentlemen, "I wanted to tell you the truth!" Mr. Nurmi had to keep reminding me in his questions that I couldn't remember... it has been SO HARD to be forced to keep lying to you.

Now that I am going to be sentenced to death--and I know you will give me the death penalty-- I don't care what he or Ms. Wilmott think. I want to go to my grave with a pure heart knowing I told the truth in this court and before God.

When Travis had sex with me, I thought for sure he would take me to Cancun and we would continue having the occasional travel-with-benefits like we did before. He would have other girlfriends, like back then, but I was the only one he slept with and I was the only one he took on these trips. It worked great because mostly no one from the ward saw us and Travis could keep up appearances. That was the deal we had.

I figured we'd each find eternal companions eventually and repent and both of us would marry other people, and like I said to (friend), our children would play together.

But Travis had developed this sick pattern of being very mean to me after we had sex. Like he was disgusted with himself and had contempt for me.

He was saying these terrible things about me, calling me names and saying he never wanted to see my ugly face --RIGHT AFTER WE HAD SEX MIND YOU--and I just couldn't take it.

I snapped. The knife was right there and I grabbed it and then all the anger I had been stuffing for all those months of him leading a double life --all that hypocrisy of teaching people how to better themselves like he was all that...well, it came out in a boiling rage. I now remember stabbing him and dragging him and I am horrified at what I did.

When I calmed down, I tried to put him out of his suffering with a bullet because what else could I do for him? He was dying!

Ladies and gentlemen, that is the truth. I don't blame Mr. Nurmi or Ms. Wilmott--they were only trying to help me with their legal knowledge, but at some point, you have to own what you have done.

I loved Travis ALexander and I killed him. I can't change that and I am sorry for putting you through this ridiculous trial. I thank you in advance for giving me my freedom and the opportunity to be with Travis again.

Good Grief! Woman, you have just written the best dern defense JA could possibly fathom. (i hope she doesn't get wind of it untill it's too late...):floorlaugh:

Jodi has a hamster running on the wheel. Thats what making the decisions. She might get on the stand and say shes sorry for what she has done. She knows that would be a lie and thats ok with her.

Not promising this is a correct answer, but I think the general census that jodi is not letting them, and it would jeopardize her earlier statements that she was tortured with wooden spoons. Then it also ruins the dt mitigating factor appearance of "family support".

Also, Juan is a mean man that would tear her mom apart just by looking at her.

In all honesty I will say it again. I believe her mom could plea for Jodi's life without opening the door for redirect on her interview with detective Flores. I don't know why they are being belligerent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member