Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thanks button isn't registering...so thanks to all those that I thank...

Can't jurors, who absolutely won't vote for death, remove themselves voluntarily and allow the alternates a stab at this.

they need to just spend about 1 more hour then let the Judge excuse them, move on and bring in a new Jury. God knows they might be physically and emotionally exhausted. I would think they came so far they can do it, this is THEIR case.

But I guess I'm wrong, personally I'd not give up my case, so another Jury stands as the Jury that sentenced her, but that's me. I'd tie that one juror to his or her chair and I would not water board them but i'd hold their cobb salad about 12" away and let them know if they want to see the salad again, start being open minded and lets be the team we have been up to now.. the A-Team!

I think the next Jury would give her Death. I actually think this Judge, if charged with giving the sentence could give Jodi Death just for having endured her on the stand next to her for 18 days.

I'm not confident they won't hang and if they do, I wouldn't be surprised if the family agrees to a plea of LWOP because they don't want to have go through it again.

What I don't understand is why they've deliberated for a relatively short period of time and have already said they can't come to a unanimous decision. The jury in the Andriano trial deliberated for 8 hrs in this phase.

One more thing. I'm certain juror number 1 is a hold out. I've felt that since her vote on extreme cruelty. She was just too weak of a "yes."

According to court tweet, It was not that the jury was completely deadlocked. The question was "What happens IF they can not come to a unanimous decision. "

So if that was their question and not a firm stance.. Don't lose hope...

Come on Jurors!! Come on!

Very Positive way of looking at things!

K

They are death qualified in the sense that they are not 100% for it and not 100% against it.

Are not categorically opposed to the imposition of capital punishment;
Are not of the belief that the death penalty must be imposed in all instances of capital murder—that is, they would consider life imprisonment as a possible penalty.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death-qualified_jury

Well that is a choice so why didn't they take it. Do you think most or one are holding out for death? ty

I did not hear the judge read the question out loud.....what was the exact question??
MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 27m

Jury's question is what to do if they can not reach a verdict #JodiArias Judge is giving them further instruction

---

Assuming the Court Twitter has the wording correct, the jury are just asking what happens IF they can't make the decision. They are still trying to work this out IMO and have just sought some advice.

The only conclusion is that someone on the jury was not truthful when they said they COULD give the DP - because if they cannot for this - they cannot for ANYONE - imho

ITA) There are NO legitimate mitigating factors so I cannot understand how any juror can NOT vote for the DP.

Wow, stunning.
I am just praying that Travis' presence would fill that courthouse right now!
Let his family feel his peace, strength and love surrounding them.
Let the jury feel his presence to remind them of the victim who no longer breathes on this earth due to JA.
Please Travis do what you can to comfort your family.

How does recycling cans out way extreme cruelty?

This is, of course, the method behind her interview madness.

JA is trying to spin the media in order to either taint any prospective juror pool and request a change of venue, or convince those prospective jurors that she's the real victim here.

St. Jodi of Arias rides again!

I believe the question was "What if" and not that they were deadlocked. It is possible someone is on the fence.

Ok that was my exact question..

Wasn't the phrasing of of the question"

What if we are unable to reach a unanimous decision?

Could it have been a directionally question? For example maybe they've yet to 'take' their vote & wanted to make sure what they SHOULD do if it's not unanimous.. ie should we do 3 more rounds of votes see if any changes?
Should we re-weigh arguments both for DP & LWOP?

Like just in case what do we do?

IDK but I thought I heard it as 'What if' not 'We've been'

JMO

The reporters should be really proud of their scoop - they are complicit in this..:banghead:

If the jury can't come together BK said that the state could take DP off the table and it would go to JSS to determine LWP or LWOP. As much as I wanted the DP for CMJA, I can't imagine anyone wants to go through another "trial" with a new jury. Just finding another jury will be difficult due to all of the publicity (much of it Jodi generated)

According to court tweet, It was not that the jury was completely deadlocked. The question was "What happens IF they can not come to a unanimous decision. "

So if that was their question and not a firm stance.. Don't lose hope...

Come on Jurors!! Come on!

This. Maybe, just maybe, they came in to ask the question just to give the DT and CMJA false hope. Just to mess with them and to show CMJA that she is NO LONGER in control. One can hope anyway.

...the giddy thing is from earlier this morning...they are replaying it on HLN...
It is not live or related to this latest outcome...

Thanks - that must be what I saw and mistakenly thought it was real time since its airing coincided with the jury being brought in. When I saw her she was smiling and looked like maybe giggling.

Sorry, I'm from Canada and following this online. So the jury was hung on the death penalty so she gets life in prison? This doesn't mean a mistrial right? In Canada, I think it qualifies as a mistrial so thats why I'm confused. Thanks!

no.
the jury asked the judge what happens if they cannot come to a unanimous decision.
that is all that happened.

wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members