Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

Discussion in 'Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias' started by SoSueMe, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yeknomaras

yeknomaras New Member

Tuba!!

Oh how I loved your posts during the Caylee case. Good to see you here :)

2. aa9511

aa9511 New Member

But I don't see the big deal about the wording? I mean, why else would they submit the question regarding if they couldn't come to a unanimous verdict? That means that, at least for now, they are not unanimous. Yes, maybe they did want to know what would happen, would they get new jury, what would happen to Jodi? I'm sure they were wondering this and watned to know before they actually marked it on the verdict box, which after that, they could not change.

However....that still means that at that point they wree not unanimous, that's why they were asking. Am i missing something?

3. Woodenships

Woodenships New Member

Female here

4. atm9533

atm9533 Active Member

Tuba, what does that mean?

5. TexMex

TexMex Punishment is justice for the unjust.

It was which form/paper to send in if they could not agree. The judge seemed convinced they were about to inform her they were deadlocked and indicated that in the courtroom to them. Read them the dynamite charge and sent them back to work.

6. ScarlettScarpetta

ScarlettScarpetta When the going gets tough, drink coffee

Yes. You are right. They are debating LIFE OF DEATH. They don't get to decide what kind of Life she gets. That is up to the Judge but there was a ruling years ago that only jurors could decide death for a defendant.

There were several DP overturned because of it.

7. livelife

livelife New Member

Male, 32

8. rose222

rose222 Active Member

Lots of prayers for your dear friend Elizabeth...

9. BetteDavisEyes

BetteDavisEyes Fasten your seatbelts...

It seem that Jodi feels betrayed by anyone who doesn't do her bidding. She was betrayed by her mother, by Travis, and now by the jury. This is typical Borderline behavior - Jodi is always right, and everyone else is wrong. Anyone who doesn't see the world the way Jodi wants them to see it is inferior to Jodi because she has superior cerebral functioning.

10. TXProfessional

TXProfessional New Member

BUMPING for those who are asking about JUROR 18 and probably missed Rose's post.

11. tss

tss New Member

to come back that quickly indicates that someone is being adamant that they will not issue a DP.....earlier NanGrace said that if its one, then the chances are that they weren't 100% honest in the picking the jury phase when they were asked if they had it in them to issue a DP, if it came to it
    I think it has to be someone saying they aren't budging for the Jury to come back so quickly saying they can't be unanimous ... well they got 3 alternates, pick one out of the box to replace hard-nose

12. Mintedlace

Mintedlace New Member

I just went back to hear the final Jury Instructions. Any question for the Judge must be signed by the juror asking the questions OR the foreperson.

So Juror 18 - The Artist is not necessarily the foreman.

13. leebee52

leebee52 New Member

I'm female....hubbie refers to me as a spastic poodle

[​IMG]

14. Meemaw12

Meemaw12 Well-Known Member

The juror descriptions are on page 1 of each thread on the court Obs thread

15. Puzzler

Puzzler Member

I found this at the Death Penalty Information Center http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/:

Az. Rev. Stat. ยง 13-703.01
    (A) If state is seeking death, then there is first the question as whether D. will be sentenced to death. If the jury says no to death then the jury must decide between LWOP or life (25 years if the murdered person was 15 years or older or 35 years if the murdered person was under the age of 15 - this includes the unborn).

16. Ransom

Ransom Former Member

The Artist/Bald guy

17. livelife

livelife New Member

Websurfer said in a post... LOL

18. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

But Tuba...WHAT does that mean?

I keep asking....

19. jojomonkey

jojomonkey New Member

Right. Libra can be indecisive, weighing both sides of the issue, wanting to be fair. Scorpio is fixed and serious, down to the nitty gritty. Also sits on the house of death.

20. VictimsSide

VictimsSide New Member

Does anyone know the court schedule??? I will be driving all day tomorrow (to Toronto) and heading home on Tuesday. Are deliberations scheduled for tomorrow if the jury proceeds until hopefully a verdict?? Are they planning on deliberating Friday if they are still discussing it among themselves?? Monday, for sure a day off. Just hoping I won't be driving when and if this jury returns with a verdict.

Shout out to any Canucks - I will be staying near O'Connor and Woodbine Roads. Anyone close to that area???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.