Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rose..

That's funny because I assume everyone on here is female :floorlaugh:

Maybe we need to have a Juanette check box eh?? ;)

Jus helpin ya to keep'n your mind off things :rockon:

You're male or that's what I've been thinking all along!

Unless you guys have names like Laura, Patti, Michelle, Rose :)giggle:) I tend to assume you are all male!

I want this to end for Travis' family. I'm sure the waiting is so frustrating for them.

Sending positive vibes to the jury and praying that they come to an unanimous decision.

In Canada we don't have the option of a death penalty...
When I used to debate I always took the anti DP stance...
Always...
Then I was a victim of a horrible crime...and there was no remorse from the killers....
None...zero....

Like Jodi...

When I used to be anti DP I was not intimate with the gut wrenching pain/ the shattered lives and total loss of innocence and care freeness that those who have experienced a brutal awful theft of a cherished and innocent loved ones life feel....

The numbing reality of a sweet, dear one taken away forever by the selfish, evil acts of those that do not care...
Certain people cannot be rehabilitated- ever...
...certain people should not be shown any mercy.....ever....
Jodi is one of these...she is evil personified....
A small space and little interaction on death row is even too much...

I know I use humour often and I love and cherish all of you who understand...life does go on...I don't want the killers to win by making me forever bitter...
Our girl will be forever 20...Travis will be forever 30...they both died in 2008...

Jodi has already had 5 more years...
Jodi doesn't deserve another day....
She just doesn't....
And if she does have another day I pray that it will be a lonely, desolate cell on Death Row...
This is how and why I feel...
Come on Jury....

UGH.... I was stuck in a long boring meeting at work and came back to a closed thread and news that the jury is stuck. Now I'm feeling a bit nauseous and hoping that the jury will come to an agreement soon and we'll end this circus.

They arent stuck. They just asked a question about what steps to take to notify the court *if* they become stuck.

If they are deadlocked and a mistrial is declared (which I hope doesn't happen), I assume they have a new penalty phase with a new jury. Is this correct? If the penalty phase is restarted, can either side bring in evidence that was not produced in this trial? Like the murderer's latest round of interviews??

Sorry if asked & ans already. Too many pages to read back. TIA!!!

I don't know what to think anymore.
I have decided not to read any sort of meaning into what happened in court today.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/free/20130522jodi-arias-jury-deadlocked.html

"The jury sent a handwritten note on an official question form to the judge. It said: “If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?”

It was signed by juror No.18. "

No kidding, this is beyond confusing. I am no longer willing to assume that either interpretation is true. They are still deliberating, so I'm letting it go.

There should be an O/T thread where those who are interested can post a pic of themselves so it can be confirmed and people can put a face to a name.

Sorry JayB12. Don't mean to mess up this thread. Just nervous and looking for distractions. :seeya:

She had not come up with the two intruders lie until over a month later after being arrested on July 15th, 2008.

She also had not come up with a domestic violence/abuse story until two years later, and then added the pedophilia angle as an embellishment.

She has proven to be a poor liar and a bad (sloppy) murderer.

But I still believe that she was preparing to kill again as she had loaded up another rental car with new higher calibre gun and several knives, but the cops picked her up for questioning before she could "go quietly into the night" to continue her new lifestyle as a (now experienced) murderer on the run. Her next victim(s) would be dispatched more efficiently, since she already had one murder under her belt.

BBM -
Does anyone remember if that info was presented to the jury during the trial? If I were a juror, it would have a huge impact on my decision about sentencing.

Zoey and SunnyinMO, the post was #503, p. 21 on Verdict Watch Thread 2.

Trying to distract myself....Watching some tv and posting here.

I feel like a fool. Why do I assume that most everyone on here is male? The few that I assume are female turn out to be male. :waitasec::dunno:

Well that's interesting :) I always think most posters here are female. I like your idea, I'm going to turn off HLN and watch a few Betty Davis videos.

Have to remind myself this is not the worst thing. She WAS found guilty of murder in the first degree. Whew, off to bed.

I don't know what to think anymore.
I have decided not to read any sort of meaning into what happened in court today.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/free/20130522jodi-arias-jury-deadlocked.html

"The jury sent a handwritten note on an official question form to the judge. It said: “If the jury is unable to come to a unanimous decision @ this stage, do we notify the judge of this on the form (verdict) or do we just tell the judge her instruction on the bottom P. 10 on the final jury Instruction-Penalty phase?”

It was signed by juror No.18. "

Juror #18 is the foreperson?

New food discovery .. cream cheese spread mixed with sugar .. tastes like the good part of the cheesecake. After this trial I swear I'm going to rediscover a healthy lifestyle, I know I left it around here somewhere ..

No wonder you're bouncing around down there.

BBM
I think JA might be happier on death row than in the general population. JSS is up for "retainment" in the next election, where voters will check YES or NO to keeping her on the court by her name. I don't think she'd give JA LWP in any case, but certainly not this year. Death row women are relatively rare, which makes them quasi-celebrities sought out by media and crazies ready to join their case. Right up JA's alley. She could spend her quiet days reading, writing, and cultivating lovelorn, loony penpals, without having to report for work, constantly watch her back, try to pretend to care about others, etc. LWOP is not necessarily a let-down imo.

This is exactly why the DP is not left up to the Judge, they are more subject to this type of "influence" then a jury.

BBM

I think the pre.medatation is being forgotten ..hope they go back over it planned and carried out and tried to cover up .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288