Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously those who were for Death were NOT settling for Life. Interesting don't you think?

I appreciate they refused to cave. If just ONE person had done that in the Anthony trial there would probably have been a different outcome. My respect goes out to those jurors in the Arias trial who refused to change their vote to life. Thank you for your service!

Stop the name calling and bashing of the jury now.

Fair warning before timeouts begin!​

NO juror presser. makes more sense considering what they've just done. hope they have the night they deserve.

I say kudo's to those jurors who wanted the DP ...

And I say "shame on you" on the juror(s) who did not !

:moo:

Donovan on the phone with Nancy talking about Jodi's family SO UPSET becuase they could not be there. And it's reported Jodi was crying becuase her family wasn't there before the reading. I say GOOD! I don't want to see anymore relieved faces that we have to do this again. And Jodi never gave a darn that they were there she hardly gave them a look. This has been reported on time and time again. So what.

You know I have to say I am loving Nancy Grace for this particular trial. I am so relieved she is the one to handle Donovan and was the one to speak up about how ridiculous this whole ordeal is. I could not tolerate her before but for this trial she has been my favorite especially when Jodi's felony riddled buddies get on the phone and whine and cry.

Kathy Monkman ‏@katiecoolady 3m
Dig deep people. Surround the #AlexanderFamily in light right now. Send strength. Do it now.

(BBM)

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

(((( ALEXANDER FAMILY ))))

Couldn't agree more.

We simply don't know what went on in there. It could have been 11-1, 7-5, we just don't know. It could even have come down to something as simple as her getting in that bit about 'witness intimidation' of her friend and her 9 year old daughter. The jury were expecting to hear two mitigation witnesses. None spoke. They were just told they were unavailable, and then Jodi sews the seed of doubt in one juror's mind about 'death threats' and the court of public opinion.

These jurors unanimously found her guilty. They unanimously found her guilty of cruelty. But clearly for one or more of them ... the DP wasn't tenable on this occasion.

On the other hand .. they didn't come back with 'life' either - which has to be a disappointment for Jodi and the defence. A hung jury is not the victory for the defence that some are claiming. It's sending the message that there were enough of them in that jury room who wanted to see her die and weren't willing to compromise under any circumstances. To fall back on 'life' would have been so easy to do, and clearly there were those in that room who weren't willing to do that, no matter what.

So knocking the jury at this point in time is unfair. We should wait and hear what they have to say.

I don't think that anyone is knocking the jury per se. I am disappointed in the holdouts. And feeling bitter.

Someone or somebodies on that jury bought that abuse BS

Respectfully, I don't believe this at all. But I think someone or several think she's so mentally whacked, so not right in her mind, that they couldn't send a craze-job to death row. That's all I can think of that seems like a possible reason.

What is this "win" talk? LOL.
You can't win after having lost the big one: aka the murder in first degree count.
She LOST and then the jury had to decide by how much she had lost.
She didn't win ****.

A mistrial is a win for the DT. She wasn't sentenced to death. That's a win. Chances for a deal go up if the DA decides not to do this again. Another win.

A mistrial is ALWAYS a win for the DT.

Maybe it's like college bowl games: I shouldn't watch if I want my team to win. I'll have to think this over before I resume.

Wow. I really don't understand all the anger some here feel towards this jury. Disappointment, yes I can understand that, but vitriol? No, I don't understand it at all. These people have spent over 4 months on this case and have sacrificed much. They found her guilty and couldn't come to a unanimous decision. Let them be.

I totally agree. I am disappointed and heartbroken for TA's family, but I'm not angry at the jury. From what we heard... Some of them are really upset with this outcome too.

Just heard on local AZ news that defense team isn't talking either because they have to plan for next phase.
I bet JW wishes she could cut out her tongue for asking jurors if they could kill Jodi because she is now stuck with her for many more months. Goody!

Oh. my. gosh.

Nearly speechless.

Haven't seen any video. Heard it on the radio on my way home.

Hurting so much for all of Travis' friends, family, Juan, Flores, the WSers whom have become so close to the family, and the jury. They all must be so broken-hearted with all the effort put in to come to this.

However, even in my initial reaction to this (stunned!), I do NOT blame the jury. There is NO doubt in my mind that they all did ALL they could to resolve this. They have invested so much. They have made it clear that they know she is a liar, a murderer and was especially cruel. They obviously hit a block they just could not get past. The difficult part is that this is not a part where "PROOF" can sway others. It isn't like using a video of someone robbing a bank and saying "See we all have to agree they robbed the bank."
This portion is so individual. All have seen and heard the same things for FIVE months, but have interpreted it differently. Obviously, some feel it was worthy of death and some do not. There is no blame to be placed - they have DONE THEIR JOB and just could not agree.

Our justice system HAS worked. She was given a fair trial, was found guilty of M1 with cruelty but in this last part an agreement could not be reached.

Remember, justice has not been thrown away. It isn't over. It will continue and she will get a sentence eventually.

The family though. Ugh. So heartbroken this isn't over for them yet.
Hugs to them and to all who are hurting over this.

I agree, I'm not angry with the jury, they can only go with the evidence before them. She has been found guilty of M1 which won't change.

Does anyone know if the same judge will be sitting when this goes again in July, 2013. What's the June 20th date? How long will it take to get a new jury? Will it still be held in Arizona?

JW and KN IMO " appeared happpy" because now maybe they can get out of this case without looking like total idiots ...controlled by their client....They have a 1 mnth reprieve ubtil the next JM smack down..Did Juan look upset??? No he is planning his " take out move".....JA looking " happy" is delusional...what did she win???? nada

does she go back to her pink blankies....?

god almighty....just disgusted,,,

Eeww Donovan on NG.
She says she is upset cuz she wasn't there for the non verdict.
She claims they were told no verdict would come in today.

And Nancy chewed her out!!!

:floorlaugh:

NO juror presser. makes more sense considering what they've just done. hope they have the night they deserve.

I say kudo's to those jurors who wanted the DP ...

And I say "shame on you" to the juror(s) who did not !

:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member