Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is an unfair accusation. You don't know what happened. How is it their fault if one or two refused to go along with the DP? How can you blame the other jurors for that and accuse them falsely of QUITTING? I am ashamed of us here that are bashing this jury. They voted UNANIMOUS for a GUILTY VERDICT for AGGRAVATED PREMEDITATED MURDER. They deserve a gold star, and not derision and bashing.

i was responding to a post with my opinion.

i made no accusation. they did not render a verdict. they quit. fact.

nothing admirable there.

Yes that's what I meant Donovan told azcentral that the Arias' didn't come back in because they were told it was just a question .. if the parents were at the grand canyon then they just lied.

Struggling to censor myself about these parents of this this worthless excuse of a human being going sightseeing while the victims of their worthless collection of atoms offspring have their hearts broken.

Exactly...they've given up 6 months of their lives to throw up their hands after 11 hours? I don't get it.

I do wonder about that. There must have been some who dug in their heels. Who maybe had another agenda.
Wait till they see the effect.

JW and KN IMO " appeared happpy" because now maybe they can get out of this case without looking like total idiots ...controlled by their client....They have a 1 mnth reprieve ubtil the next JM smack down..Did Juan look upset??? No he is planning his " take out move".....JA looking " happy" is delusional...what did she win???? nada

Local channel said they will be JA's attorneys u til next phase is over. They are stuck with her. No one more deserving than JW and KN.

Solitary for 23h a day and no access to the media until July 18. That alone could kill CKJA.

How special. Some of them just told the Alexander family that the life of Jodi was more important than that of Travis. Pathetic.

BBM: EXACTLY ! That is exactly what they did ! Good point !

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I have so full of emotions the most I can do is sigh... The only thing I can hold onto is the second time around always favors the prosecution the ever bulldog Juan Martinez. I do not think they (DT & Arias) realize the resolve Martinez will have come July 18th. Watch out folks a F5 is going to go through that court room!!!

JMHO

That is an unfair accusation. You don't know what happened. How is it their fault if one or two refused to go along with the DP? How can you blame the other jurors for that and accuse them falsely of QUITTING? I am ashamed of us here that are bashing this jury. They voted UNANIMOUS for a GUILTY VERDICT for AGGRAVATED PREMEDITATED MURDER. They deserve a gold star, and not derision and bashing.

Yeah, I think they just coudn't bring the holdouts on to their side. I think they really really tried...we know that after 1 or 2 hrs they were already stuck, but they went at it for another 11 whole hours.

I guess teh holdouts believed something she said...either the child abuse, or maybe they bought into the BPD thing. IMO, child abuse was lie. And BPD doesn't outweigh the slaughter. SHe knew exactly what she was doing....if she was legally insane, the court would have ruled her as that. No mitigating factor was enough to outweight the slaughter, IMO.

Just heard on local AZ news that defense team isn't talking either because they have to plan for next phase.
I bet JW wishes she could cut out her tongue for asking jurors if they could kill Jodi because she is now stuck with her for many more months. Goody!

Those two deserve her.

Donavan on NG saying they are upset cause family didn't get there for the verdict.

NG ripped her one. I was laughing sometimes NG does make funnies. I need Anything to make me laugh right now!

"This isn't Sonic curbside service!" Loved it! Go NG!

No it says you must apply the law as written, and like it or not The DP is legal in 32 states. If you can't do that you shouldn't be on that jury to begin with.

I thought that's what they did, they couldn't agree whether she deserved to spend the rest of her life in jail or to die by lethal injection. Either way she's not going to be walking the streets and living a life of freedom. She's going to be in a loud and smelly place for a long long time.

IMHO, I think the only reason the murderer started crying was because she saw Ponytail breaking down.
She has no genuine emotion. She's a black hole of emptiness.
This does not mean she wins. Good always prevails.
I can't imagine how the Alexanders feel. I send them strength, hope and positivity.
The road ahead will be difficult, but they will get their Justice.
I know they will.

I think her crying is because some jurors would hung the jury rather than give her a LIFE. IMO DEATH is the best outcome, if not, hung jury is better than a LIFE. But my concern is that it's a much harder work for the State to convince the new jury to put her to DEATH. It's just heartbreaking!!!

Any lawyers, or knowledgeable sleuthers...

Does she have to stay with the self-defense defense, surely she can't right?

I think JM would blow any "new" defense right out of the water.

She'll now have time to refine all her lies, perfect all of her "details" and maybe convince ALV to testify in mitigation. Oh lordy, this is going to be intense.

Just moo

Sheesh, HLN. They're all about who won and who lost today. This isn't a sport. This case is headed for a retrial of the penalty phase, unless the County Attorney decides to offer a plea of Life w/wo parole after 25 years. Nobody 'wins'.
I hope the Alexander family can get some rest and some psychological and spiritual support in the meantime. Surely they were hoping for an end to this nightmare today, and it didn't come.

A mistrial is a win for the DT. She wasn't sentenced to death. That's a win. Chances for a deal go up if the DA decides not to do this again. Another win.

A mistrial is ALWAYS a win for the DT.

That is what the defense lawyers want you to believe. And of course the talking heads so they can keep this circus going.How is spending your life in prison, assuming she does not get LWP, a win by any standards. moo

So sad, indeed, for the family. We will just have to wrap them in love and support, and those of us who are able might offer more financial support. We will see this through to justice for Travis and his family.

Correction (darned HLN): Jurors will NOT be speaking!

I think this an excellent suggestion - we have time to contribute whatever we can to assist them through this next phase. I can't imagine what they are feeling right now - all this time and still no result - they are looking at potentially a few more months before this really ends.

I keep trying to find a nugget of something positive - so far, the only thing I have come up with is that we now know that at least some of the jury were FOR the death penalty which is why it wasn't unanimous for life. I would love to know what the breakdown was.

I don't blame the jury as a whole, because obviously it wasn't all of them, just some who stood firm. I won't put myself in their place. It's too easy for me to say I would have gone for DP, but they are the ones who were chosen to make the decision, not me.

I would love to know what they think once they have the opportunity to see all that we've seen during the trial. And, as far as selecting another jury? Well, it won't be easy to do in this county, but it will be interesting to see how they handle it.

In the meantime, my thoughts and prayers are with the Alexander family, their friends and supporters, Juan Martinez and Det. Flores and all those who have worked so hard to find justice for Travis.

In the end, I know Jodi will get exactly what she deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401