Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The weather in NJ where I am is really bizarre today. Sunny and windy, then cloudy and still, then sunny, then rain and thunder, sun again and now clouds. That really explains how most of us are feeling right now. So strange.

.....any rainbows...? :seeya:

Yes and she is not wearing those glasses!!!

I just told my husband the same thing

SK,
We need your wonderful skills! :rockon:
Please read JA's lips and transcribe for us.

Thank you,
many WS members

#fox10 A Jimmy Johns guy just dropped off a small white bag with a sandwich or two at Courtroom 5C. Working lunch for jurors?

The weather in NJ where I am is really bizarre today. Sunny and windy, then cloudy and still, then sunny, then rain and thunder, sun again and now clouds. That really explains how most of us are feeling right now. So strange.

:floorlaugh:Really weird! its the same here in Ohio. One minute sun, next looks like it wil pour.

I said earlier in the case that I would be satisfied with a LWOP sentence but I hadn't realized that this is not among the jury's choices. I'm not sure that I would trust Judge Stephens to impose a life sentence on Jodi, so the convicted murderess would likely be out of prison in 20 years considering time served to date. I'm also concerned about the many privileges that Jodi would have in prison as opposed to being on Death Row, i.e. the possibility of minimum security for good behavior, etc. Too easy for Jodi who needs to be punished not pampered. :moo:

Dwayne Cates saying this "question" could also have been about being deadlocked....and JSS could have given another Allen-thing, except in writing this time. AGGhhhhh!!!!!!

i really didn't even know you could give the allen charge unless you were in open court. i've NEVER heard of that.

we need a lawyer in here!!!

Chris Hughes tweeted that the Alexander family didn't know the question. I wonder why they weren't allowed to hear the question since they are usually told everything.

The defense probably requested that they not know. Yesterday their expressions were devastating and the defense doesn't want any sympathy given to the Alexander family, literally.

Oh my goodness. I just got a message that I couldn't post on here anymore. I didn't even know what I'd done! Turns out it was just an error message. :scared: :panic::scared:

I've been a good girl so far! :angel:

So far..........!!! :floorlaugh: I got a time out once it was two days of shame and panic. During the Brad Cooper Trial.

I have learned my lesson. So far!:rockon:

exact same weather here in montreal:seeya:

I agree with the cost. I have yet to figure out why these trials are lasting so long. Is it b/c media is backing them? Not all DP trials take most months of a year. It is irritating considering they are all of equal import.

BBM: If we're talking AZ trials, consider that the average # of hours spent in the courtroom actually accomplishing testimony in the Arias case was about 15 hours a week. That's nothing. There were more delays and time away than I've ever seen in any trial.

The OJ Simpson trial took 9 months and the jury was sequestered the entire time. (Calif)

The Manson trial also took 9 months (1971, not televised. No Interwebs).

Oh boy, I read a FB post by HLN TH DeWayne Cates regarding the DP and CMJA's supporters came out in support of him and CMJA. I've never been to the official fan site so this was my first exposure to their kind and holy moly. Some of these people really should be evaluated and/or institutionalized. Like, scary stuff. Like deep routed mental issues. Wow. Hanging out here on WS too much I forget how bat$hit crazy some folks are.

Holy cow. I need a drink and smoke and I don't drink or smoke but I would start doing both right now after that.

There, there <pats you on the back>. You were very brave and now you're back in the safe zone.

I love, love, love Audrey Hepburn. She was beautiful inside and out. A couple of quotes from Breakfast at Tiffanys (I will be having champagne for breakfast when this jury comes back with a death sentence!) :

"It should take you exactly four seconds to cross from here to that door. I’ll give you two.” (I hope the guards tell JA this when she's walking the death walk to the death chamber...)

She’s a phony. But she’s a real phony. You know why? Because she honestly believes all this phony junk that she believes.”

“If we’re going to be friends let’s get one thing straight right now. I hate snoops!”:floorlaugh:

It has been said that the character Holly Golightly was(is?) Borderline.

I said earlier in the case that I would be satisfied with a LWOP sentence but I hadn't realized that this is not among the jury's choices. I'm not sure that I would trust Judge Stephens to impose a life sentence on Jodi, so the convicted murderess would likely be out of prison in 20 years considering time served to date. I'm also concerned about the many privileges that Jodi would have in prison as opposed to being on Death Row, i.e. the possibility of minimum security for good behavior, etc. :moo:

This all of this.

I have a thought that maybe the question is along the lines of what happens after the verdict. Will they be allowed to break for lunch and go home to change? In case they are filmed, or will they still maintain their privacy? And perhaps they are afraid if the public doesn't like their decision ( whatever it is, hung/ life / death ) will they have protection. Just thinking if any of them believed ckja when she said her friend and daughter were threatened.

Oh boy, I read a FB post by HLN TH DeWayne Cates regarding the DP and CMJA's supporters came out in support of him and CMJA. I've never been to the official fan site so this was my first exposure to their kind and holy moly. Some of these people really should be evaluated and/or institutionalized. Like, scary stuff. Like deep routed mental issues. Wow. Hanging out here on WS too much I forget how bat$hit crazy some folks are.

Holy cow. I need a drink and smoke and I don't drink or smoke but I would start doing both right now after that.

I've already smoked 3/4 of a pack and I don't drink either but a couple shots of tequila would be nice!

that may be why they're sealed now, is my guess.

ONE reporter quoted the text of that question----the guy who's in the DT's pocket. strange?

BBM-Please tell me there will be consequences for this.

This isn't a game.

:seeya:...
The reporter for Wild about Trial likes to give descriptions of what the main characters in the courtroom are wearing...early on he described a certain piece of apparel as the wrong colour hue and was corrected that it was salmon coloured...now he is constantly looking for the colour salmon and is offended :)floorlaugh:). When no one chooses to wear that colour , and extremely elated when someone does- or something along those lines...:floorlaugh:

P.s. I love your cute avatar...don't know what it is - but it makes me smile...so thanks:seeya:

Thank you Basilcat. I have been burning with curiosity about that!! I have the WAT twitter open also and spotted the colour reference there. Mystery solved ..

:cheers:

The avatar is a photomanipulation of a birdie and Oscar the Grouch. There's more fun ones at the link. I hope it's ok to post this:
http://naldzgraphics.net/inspirations/33-funny-animal-photo-manipulations/

I always relate people on forums to their avatar pic so the visual I have in my mind of you is that gorgeous grey kitty. Is it yours?
I'm a huge animal fan. My kitty has been by my side for the trial!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member