Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 4m
Captain O'Neil just arrived in a black shirt and converse shoes, no flip flops? #JodiArias

From WAT :

2m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

Captain O'Neil just arrived in a black shirt and converse shoes, no flip flops? #JodiArias

1m Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial

I think about 10 jurors are up here already. Waiting on a few more #JodiArias

kjt300, thank you for your thoughtful post. If it is reassuring, I did see ankle shackles on the convict in her interviews. You're right, she should have had links on her wrists too. Who would really believe her if she complained she needed a sweater because she was cold? No one, but the jailor might have yielded to that. It certainly shouldn't have been granted for appearances.

Where's Herbycat? Herbycat! Herbycat! Where are you? Did you sneak in without me realising? I'm sure your seat in the back row is preserved.

Guys, I've been thinking (obsessively I might add) about the sentencing verdict of the jury. It was necessary to consider the possibility that they would give her life (very, very hard for me to accept).

IF they do decide on life, I suspect that once they are free to see the whole truth and the information they were not privy to that they will experience some regret JMO.

Alert: Jury has begun deliberations early today--HOPE THAT IS A GOOD SIGN

Tried and failed to copy the portion of the instructions relating to "significant impairment."

IMO, significant impairment is the only mitigator the jury might consider of relevance, as it specifically lists mental illness and personality disorders.

CMJA fails the first burden to establish impairment as mitigator-- that the impairment caused her to not understand the wrongfulness of her crime. She obviously did, and the jury as obviously thinks that she knew exactly what she was doing before, during and after the murder.

The second burden is somewhat more subjective. Its possible to interpret it as.. did her personality disorder/mental illness essentially drive her to/cause her to murder Travis? Was her mental illness/personality disorder so serious that it rendered her incapable of making decisions that would have prevented her from murdering Travis?

I can see debating the second condition. If the jury is too, I'd bet that all her clear-eyed planning and cover up, as well as the fact that she had to drive over a 1,000 miles to murder him, will make it difficult or impossible to view her as so mentally ill she can't function or be held responsible for her choices.
Excellent sleuthing. But what happens when the DT fails to list her disorder on the 8 factors they submitted?

Wow. HLN said the jury is deliberating early. The clock has started. Does this mean something. Time will tell and I hope we know soon.

Per HLN, jury started deliberating early. Go, jury!!!

Erin HLN ‏@ErinHLN 4m
#JodiArias jury deliberations are underway.
Retweeted by Jodi Arias Case News

THE JURY IS EARLY! I think this is the first time the entire trial that something happened early and/or on time....go jury...maybe they were just tired of everything being delayed :floorlaugh: and will come down with a verdict today!:rockon:

EARLY!!! I LOVE these Jurors! DID THEY BRING LUNCH??? Please tell us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong