Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not going to knock HLN...I have been very glad to have them when I couldn't get online to watch the trial. Yeah, some of the lawyers drives me cray cray...but mostly Defense Attorney's....and JVM screams and The After Dark Show is inane.....but they all have a job to do. I think the passion of JVM overrides her screaming voice. She has been outside for weeks now in the terrible heat...and I have yet to hear her really complain about it..mention it yes, but not complain. I love Mark when he appears on DD and DD has had so many of Travis' friends on the show. JC drives me cray cray with her licky licky attitude and she is always trying to play the devil's advocate at the most improper times. Hey, I am even begun to like Linda Kenny Baden :waitasec:......perhaps the trial really has gotten to me:ufo:

BBM - you know the defendant (convicted murderer) is a really really really bad seed when even Linda Kenny Baden won't stick up for them. I've grown to appreciate her as well. She is quite intelligent and not easily fooled, well maybe now and then. :D

I have a good feeling about today. The jury is starting early, ready to go. It is a long weekend coming up and I believe they want to get this over with. I think they all feel for the Alexander family and are ready to give the right verdict and let everone get back to their lives and let the Alexander family start their healing process.

Beth Karas ‏@BethKaras 3m
Jurors resumed deliberatiions 15 minutes early today. #jodiarias

In case Jodi doesn't end up on death row . . .
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/al-norman/i-aint-gonna-work-on-mart_b_886596.html

One of those businesses that turned to prison labor was Wal-Mart's vendor, Martori Farms. According to a disturbing story published June 24th by Truth-Out.org, Martori Farms "pays its imprisoned laborers two dollars per hour, not including the travel time to and from the farm."Women from the Arizona state prison complex at Perryville Unit are assigned to work at Martori Farms." Arizona law requires that all able bodied inmates work.

Travis' family being there already is puzzling... I'm not sure this is a good sign...

I think laws will change after this travesty.

After every case where there seems to be such gross travesties of the justice system I hope that changes come about. However it seems for every one step forward victim's rights take, suspect/convict rights take two steps forward.

Wow. HLN said the jury is deliberating early. The clock has started. Does this mean something. Time will tell and I hope we know soon.

oh I so hope they come back with the verdict today. Coming in a little early seems like they slept on it and already know. For the TA family, let them go home. Give them PEACE. :please:

http://www.azbar.org/media/58847/4-capital_case_instructions_revised_2011.pdf

juror instructions for mitigation and forms that jury will be filling out. Mitigation starts on pg 29 or pg 579 in court book...sorry my computer said pg 29 of the downloaded material.

TY! :wave:

"Mitigating circumstances are any factors that are a basis for a life sentence instead of a death sentence, so long as they relate to any sympathetic or other aspect of the defendant’s character, propensity, history or record, or circumstances of the offense.

Mitigating circumstances are not an excuse or justification for the offense, but are factors that in fairness or mercy may reduce the defendant’s moral culpability."

So if I understand this correctly, moral culpability is really the key issue with mitigating circumstances.

If this is the case, then the emotional plea of her parent's pain if she were to be put to death has no bearing on JA's moral culpability.

I am being hopeful in crossing my fingers for a DP verdict before AZ lunchtime today.

For the jury it will be easier on their conscience to give her life. That is the easy way out for them. But it seems that there are some on the jury that will not go the easy way out.

With the threads going so fast, I haven't seen Tuba's analysis...Can you give me a synopsis??? TIA

A year after the convicted murderer's arrest, Judge Sally Duncan made a ruling limiting the State to the aggravator of cruel, discarding heinous, depraved. There is now a weighing process going on inside the jury room and I'm thinking that limitation is unfortunate. The jury has already found the cruel aggravator proven but now the Defense comes forward with its eight "mitigators". These are not only insignificant, not one is a statutory mitigator but that is not the format Defense used to present them. There was a huge courtroom display, each mitigating suggestion explained by Nurmi with his heavy emphasis. Analyzed, these eight suggestions amounted to a pile of dust but did the showy presentation have a visual and auditory impact? What we would like to stack up against the "mitigators" are all legal aggravators, just for numeric value. Since State wasn't granted all aggravators, I would like to hear once again, Juan Martinez stress the inconsequential nature of Defense's eight mere suggestions and their empty hands without one statutory mitigator.

BBM - you know the defendant (convicted murderer) is a really really really bad seed when even Linda Kenny Baden won't stick up for them. I've grown to appreciate her as well. She is quite intelligent and not easily fooled, well maybe now and then. :D

I know, right? Even Baez said the first-degree murder verdict is correct. :scared:

Back when this went to the jury I predicted a verdict on Thursday afternoon. I am sooooooo hoping I'm right.

I'll take either verdict, as long as they don't hang. That's all I want.

Hey Raisincharlie - didnt see much of you yesterday and missed you!

:praying: Praying these wonderful jurors will show as much mercy to CMja as she showed to Travis on June 4, 2008. :praying:

P.S. I understand if some jurors have sympathy for CMja's family, but this is not enough to mitigate the extreme cruelty of the crime. And delivering justice for Travis and his family is far more important than sparing the feelings of CMja's family! :moo:

:rockon: Couldn't of said it better! Thank you!

Jodi Arias Trial ‏@Jodi_AriasTrial 2m
No live stream yet but there is definitely something happening in court right now! No one is sure what it is yet. Stay tuned

Travis' family being there already is puzzling... I'm not sure this is a good sign...

Relax. They probably can't stand being cooped up in a hotel room right now, waiting waiting waiting.

You know the whole thing yesterday was just weird.

First the judge reads instructions that she forgot to read the previous day?
Then reporting is that the jury has a question.
So Judge states that jury cannot reach a unanimous decision and gives them the "dynamite" (Allen) charge to go back and apply it to their decision making process.
Reporting is that the jury was deadlocked after 2.5 hrs of deliberation
Then written information comes out from AZCentral and Maricopa County courts that the jury asked a question with IF they are not able to reach a unanimous decision, not made a statement they were deadlocked.
The above written information also states what juror asked the question (#18)
Finally, KCL reports yesterday on her thread that the info AZCentral reported was unusual because Media IS NOT privy to juror questions and there were strong suggestions of information being leaked.

Anyone who can add more please do. I personally found the whole thing upsetting. IF it ,is true they were just asking for clarification on how to submit (documentation) in the event they are unanimous, someone should be held accountable for putting the Alexanders through all that.

the best way to find truth is go straight to the source. so I will repeat one more time lol

1st. JSS called jury back in to read a portion of instructions left out.
2nd. jury sends note to JSS that they cannot reach a unanimous verdict.

"I have received your note that you are unable to come to a unanimous verdict." start watching at about 4:20 Jodi Arias Deliberations - Part 2 - Possible Hung Jury http://youtu.be/bXvcrEx9T7Y then JSS says "I have some suggestions to help your deliberations"....and continues on with more suggestions...

that's it. the rest of the info is ALL rumors with no substantiated evidence to back it up (if true, there is no evidence. I wouldn't trust the words of reporters until whatever they are claiming comes from the people themselves)....or people just making stuff up in their head about what they think JSS was thinking......watch the video, hear the truth...

hopefully by now, this issue is cleared up.......forever. :facepalm: lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member