Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be safer for the rest of the prison population if the "life without parole" were separated. These people have nothing to lose. They don't care how many people they hurt and kill while in prison, they are never getting out anyway.
At Perryville--the soon-to-be new digs of JA, the LWOP inmates (currently 132 women) are separated from the rest of the prison population. They are housed in a maximum security wing, one to a cell, 23/7/365 with limited access to exercise and contact with anyone other than prison personnel. Saw a guy interviewed yesterday who said that the death row inmates are kept in the same place and that daily life for LWOPers is not much different than those on death row. Over time, those sentenced to LWOP can petition to be held in less restrictive custody, though he expected her to spend a minimum of five-years in the what is pretty close to solitary confinement. She wouldn't automatically be granted a less restrictive custody and those types of changes happen incrementally, so she wouldn't leapfrog from maximum security to medium security--there are many levels in between with respect to "privileges." All those "do-gooder" plans she presented to the jury aren't going to happen any time soon if at all.

Websleuth s is the best board on the net.
I didnt know my daughter had somehow checked us out! Before knowing that I posted here. She was very impressed with the organization here. She also seen Jodie's video of recent and says , there's something seriously disconnected with that girl.
Don't we know it lol

I agree completely.

When this vile creature slashed Travis's throat, she wasn't cutting through soft butter. It took strength & determination to cut through the cartilage of his windpipe - especially after everything else she had already done to him with the other numerous stab wounds. This savage murderer still had enough rage, strength, and bloodlust left to cut through his windpipe.

I'm convinced she did so to silence his cries. It horrifies me, so I try not to think about it.

Jodi Arias is Evil to the core.

Sorrell, ITA with you and the OP. I still can't read or hear about what she did to Travis and not put my hand over my neck in protective mode and shudder at the very mention of the slaughter.
When I was a little girl (probably too young for this information) I found out how red meat came to be and became a vegetarian. I couldn't handle knowing what animals went through just so I could eat a hamburger.
Your post and the OP stated it perfectly, the kind of hatred and control and monstrosity a person has to have to commit this act of violence is unimaginable. It's frightening. A person like this should not be allowed in society. Not in a prison society. Not allowed to breathe air with other people. She is demonic and scary and a threat. There aren't words to describe how evil someone has to be to kill like she did. Not to blink or think twice about it is so much more disturbing.

I read frequently but (obviously) hardly ever post. Please be gentle.

A few questions:

1. It is my understanding that during jury selection in a death penalty trial the question that is asked is: "Could you vote for the death penalty?" As opposed to: "If you find this person guilty, you will vote for the death penalty." Is that correct?

2. It is also my understanding that this jury has unanimously found CMJA guilty of murder in the first degree, with extreme cruelty. So what they are discussing now is mitigating factors. The difference between life and death?

3. What are they allowed to consider as mitigating factors? Is it limited to age (she was old enough to know better), mental incapacity (I consider her a psychopath, not mentally ill) or other things. Did some members of the jury buy the DV and child abuse stuff? I didn't.

I'm wondering here about mitigating factors. I wonder what they are discussing, because, to me, someone (s) on that jury is seeing mitigating factors.

I do think this jury is doing their job properly, unlike the Pinellas 12 (MOO). They are at least considering the issues and asking questions. If they were not carefully considering and debating the issues before voting for the DP, then they would not be doing their job. Holding someone's life in your hands is a very important decision.

Courtney Pauroso, who did the YouTube JA courtroom parody needs to do one of the Ryan Owens interview.

Shes great. She belongs on Saturday Night Live. If someone has not seen her yet on youtube then check her out. Her imitation of jodi is funny. Shes a good actress.

Please someone! Did I miss anything this afternoon? Are the jurors at lunch right now or are they deliberating? Thank you!!

Is Jean C phoning in her reports from the Space Station? Great reception. Not.

The "Jury Whisperer." Hahaha! Priceless. :D

I love it - Space Station! :floorlaugh: I have started muting the TV when Jenkasaurus comes on. I am not going to be driven further crazy by trying to listen to that garbled mess. I tweeted HLN and asked them a couple of days ago if it was possible to get her a decent phone that picked up with better reception since, after all, it is 2013, not 1994?

Beth doesn't seem to have that problem, so it has to be Jenkasaurus's dinosaur phone!

2Co20Tx8qf

After the trial is done, and the jurers are dismissed - are they given access to any kind of counseling?

I cannot imagine spending 5 months with this case, being consumed by it, having my life in limbo because of it, and then making a very very big decision. Life altering, literally - but not just for JA, for the jurers too.

Just wanted everyone to spare them a thought, a prayer or a kind word after this is all over.

ok all....I am predicting in about 12 min. they will announce that they have reached a verdict.....

what's with all the jc bashing in here? she's an expert, a former attorney, and more often than not, her observations prove to be true. oh.....and another thing, i'd bet money beth k would agree with my assessment.

I respectfully disagree. More often than not JC's observations mean nothing.

And I would swear I've seen Beth Karas dead-panning the monitor when one of her colleagues goes off the deep end with their speculation. Beth reports the facts and doesn't dramatize. She's trustworthy. There have been times I just know she wanted to roll her eyes, but she's professional.

Just MHOO.

I read frequently but (obviously) hardly ever post. Please be gentle.

A few questions:

1. It is my understanding that during jury selection in a death penalty trial the question that is asked is: "Could you vote for the death penalty?" As opposed to: "If you find this person guilty, you will vote for the death penalty." Is that correct?

2. It is also my understanding that this jury has unanimously found CMJA guilty of murder in the first degree, with extreme cruelty. So what they are discussing now is mitigating factors. The difference between life and death?

3. What are they allowed to consider as mitigating factors? Is it limited to age (she was old enough to know better), mental incapacity (I consider her a psychopath, not mentally ill) or other things. Did some members of the jury buy the DV and child abuse stuff? I didn't.

I'm wondering here about mitigating factors. I wonder what they are discussing, because, to me, someone (s) on that jury is seeing mitigating factors.

I do think this jury is doing their job properly, unlike the Pinellas 12 (MOO). They are at least considering the issues and asking questions. If they were not carefully considering and debating the issues before voting for the DP, then they would not be doing their job. Holding someone's life in your hands is a very important decision.

Please help me understand what issues they would be debating at this point?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Five jurors defied the other seven in refusing to find felony murder.

I would not be at all surprised if the split is roughly along the same lines.

Hi everyone...

Have been reading here since Casey Anthony, and every day since Jodi started. Just wanted to say this board is awesome and the best source for information out there! Glad to be a part of such a great community. Here's hoping we get a DP verdict before the end of the day!

Welcome ColtsFan, Glad you decided to join us. Pull up a chair and chat.

Thanks for posting the link. I had stopped watching any of her interviews because it is too nauseating and infuriating to listen to her but this clip made me feel good! I love how they say she was kind enough to bring a sample of the Survivor shirt to show the jury and otherwise ridicule her.

Then when he asks if we should feel safe if CMja is released from the four walls of prison she says yes, "If you're not abusing me and attacking me and threatening to kill my life, there's no reason to fear."

"Kill my life"? LOL, that is a new one!

Just a sample of some of the perfect vocabulary/english that the (insert sarcastic tone here) ever- articulate einstein JA will try to misguide teach to the other inmates, you know as part of her "good deeds" she plans to pursue whilst in prison if she gets LIP. LOL. If I were an inmate I'd say thanks but no thanks to that... I don't want to sound like a total idiot.

I respectfully disagree. More often than not JC's observations mean nothing.

And I would swear I've seen Beth Karas dead-panning the monitor when one of her colleagues goes off the deep end with their speculation. Beth reports the facts and doesn't dramatize. She's trustworthy. There have been times I just know she wanted to roll her eyes, but she's professional.

Just MHOO.

Yeah...and....we've never seen Beth chasing anyone through the parking lot either.

I LIKE JC. She has her moments but we all do...correct? Be nice peeps.

If the jury doens't come back today, I am taking a loooooonnngggg break from the trial....4 whole days. I have never done that before since I started watching the trial...I usually had to catch up on some (or a lot) of testimony I missed. Or I would be on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood