Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all...

I just threw a couple posts out there.. I've been out all day so...

Did we ever find out what the Jury question was earlier today???
Either thru local news, boots on ground or our insiders??

Seriously? I don't bash anyone. I don't like her style of embellishing, and it's not breaking the TOS to state, that she tells one story (with three versions) in a two hour period. She's an attorney, not a fifth grader, and she knows better. It's all about ratings with her. I loved her celebrating with Casey Anthony's attorneys though! Class? I think not. JMO.

Tulessa...I can't say everything I want to say to you (don't want to get booted off) but in this case I hope you can read my mind!

Thank you for asking.

Obviously, being civilized, I don't support murder or think it should go unpunished. But I don't support state-sanctioned murder, either. I am anti-death penalty. I do support justice.

I don't agree with the hyperbole and rumour concerning Arias' unique pathologies or powers. She's not that special, though the media have made her so. And, I don't see evidence that she--or anyone else on trial--is "playing" the justice system. Taking advantage of one's legitimate rights is not playing or manipulating anything. That's where this conversation started.

I will have to disagree with you. And heres why. I have a sister who has the exact look in her eyes that jodi does. I recoginize the tone in her voice to be exactly like jodis. When you have experienced the manipulation, the BS, the mind set, witnessing the enjoyment of trying to bring others down, creating situations in order to file law suits, renting a room from a NYC police officer and then calling IAD with false claims and having his gun taken away( this is according to her) trying to find a way to get my apt. The list is endless. She could not get on bus without filing a false report against the driver. She would brag about the power of the pen and paper. Document BS. Says it holds up. I suspect that is what jodi is encouriging people to do. Its what she wishes she had done. When you personally experience people like this it does not take long to spot it in others. My mother died in Feb 2012. We could not bury her until Nov 2012. Take a guess why. I do not talk to my sister. I cut her out like a cancer years ago. I would see her at a wedding or other function. Not anymore. Noone talks to her now. Did I mention she NUTS?

did beth just say if no verdict today, they'd be back tomorrow????? i swear she said that.

I am choosing to believe that the jurors have decided and are yanking JA's chain to give her false hope so she can squirm for a while more.

oh those jokesters:floorlaugh:

however, "we" are not amused:dramaqueen:

:D

Chris Hughes ‏@cshughes 2m
Not looking good for #JodiArias verdict today. #Justice4Travis #TravisAlexander pic.twitter.com/T9aPTg0x8S

I agree with safie:

This jury has done an outstanding job of evaluating this case, and I would say most of us agree. If it takes them a week to come to a decision....as long as they agree on Death or LWOP ...it will be because they are charged with one of the most profound decisions one can make.

Let us remember Death is a decision EACH juror must make for themselves in order for them to live with knowing they killed someone. I suspect their may be those gung-ho for death and a few that can't in good conscience feel JA is a complete throw-away---no matter how heinous her actions .

None of us know how we would react after 6 months ....and it does not have to be the women having a problem EVERYONE of them has to live with a decision they will own for the rest of their lives.

IMOO I can only pray they will eventually agree on sentencing and it will finally end.:twocents:

A LIFE sentence would be determined by the Judge, and she doesn't necessarily have to impose a true LIFE sentence on Ms. Arias (LIFE without parole). Jodi could be out of prison in 20 years. The jury only determines Life or Death.

did beth just say if no verdict today, they'd be back tomorrow????? i swear she said that.

I heard earlier that the court staff and security will be there tomorrow so I don't see why not.

Seriously? I don't bash anyone. I don't like her style of embellishing, and it's not breaking the TOS to state, that she tells one story (with three versions) in a two hour period. She's an attorney, not a fifth grader, and she knows better. It's all about ratings with her. I loved her celebrating with Casey Anthony's attorneys though! Class? I think not. JMO.

I am also not "bashing" JC, merely stating my observations and opinions.

With regards to the verdict and the upcoming long weekend-- I can see the argument being made that the jury might want to deliver it before they break and be done with it.

However at this point especially now with a couple of hours left in the day, I don't think it's a bad thing for them to take the next four days to themselves, go back to their real lives, think on their decision and come back rested and clear on Tuesday. I KNOW how we all feel for the Alexanders but I think they are very strong and can take one more weekend if needed, not like they have any control. If the jurors need this time to accept putting the murderer to death, I say .. take the time and embrace your decision and we'll see you Tuesday.

MOO.

The Thanks button just isn't enough. ITA. If I were making this decision, I'd be carefully deliberating over every mitigating factor and whether the record or JA's "heartfelt tripe" supported that mitigating factor. This jury is working hard to be fair and follow instructions; they should be applauded. Again, if it were me, I'd take a good, long while to decide, especially if my decision was for death. If these jurors need a long weekend to step back and fully consider their decision, I say, "Good." They have a lot more invested in time and emotion than any of us. They will do the right thing (whether we agree with it or not).

Lurker here! I have been reading this forum forever and wanted to address something that keeps running me around in circles. I hope it makes sense. I firmly believe JA is guilty. I look at Travis's picture and I get so mad and sad. (That's putting it mildly) I believe in the DP for killers such as these but I don't like the endless appeals process. With that said, since there was so much left out of the thousands of emails, texts, IM's, etc, how do we know for sure that some of what JA said about Travis is true? Everyone on this board is so absolutely sure about her lying and I do to; that is why I am so confused. How can she so emphatically state that the stuff is true without providing evidence? I am not one of those people that can watch JA in that courtroom and know that she is lying, seething, happy, sad. I am not made that way. How can you people read that about her? It is fascinating to read but I cannot see what you see.

So my question to anyone that wants to answer, how do you know? Give an example of something that has gone on that gives you that 100% feeling that she is lying. I have watched this trial for most of it, causing my mind to spin in every direction and that is why this post is so messed up. In one of her interviews, she says something about if you don't abuse me why should you be afraid....(paraphrasing), she says it with such conviction, how do we know that it is a lie what she has said about TA?

If you think I am approaching insanity, well, you are right. But I do wish someone could understand what I am asking and answer me.

Thank you to all WS people. You are absolutely the best. Travis and the Alexander family are so blessed to have you.

Because soooo many pieces of her story are complete BS and just do not add up. In a nut shell.

Lurker here! I have been reading this forum forever and wanted to address something that keeps running me around in circles. I hope it makes sense. I firmly believe JA is guilty. I look at Travis's picture and I get so mad and sad. (That's putting it mildly) I believe in the DP for killers such as these but I don't like the endless appeals process. With that said, since there was so much left out of the thousands of emails, texts, IM's, etc, how do we know for sure that some of what JA said about Travis is true? Everyone on this board is so absolutely sure about her lying and I do to; that is why I am so confused. How can she so emphatically state that the stuff is true without providing evidence? I am not one of those people that can watch JA in that courtroom and know that she is lying, seething, happy, sad. I am not made that way. How can you people read that about her? It is fascinating to read but I cannot see what you see.

So my question to anyone that wants to answer, how do you know? Give an example of something that has gone on that gives you that 100% feeling that she is lying. I have watched this trial for most of it, causing my mind to spin in every direction and that is why this post is so messed up. In one of her interviews, she says something about if you don't abuse me why should you be afraid....(paraphrasing), she says it with such conviction, how do we know that it is a lie what she has said about TA?

If you think I am approaching insanity, well, you are right. But I do wish someone could understand what I am asking and answer me.

Thank you to all WS people. You are absolutely the best. Travis and the Alexander family are so blessed to have you.

All I can do is be logical. IF SHE HAD ANY PROOF in those emails or otherwise the defense would have presented it. They threw everything out there you can think of hoping it would stick. They were just awful. Meanwhile JA was smug and arrogant. She certainly is not going to win any personality contest with us. She is a liar and an ADMITTED killer. There was no way this was self defense. Cause once he is down, you would stop and call police. She tried to cover up all of it, even leaving him a phoney voicemail AFTER she killed him. I don't believe anything she says

I could go for this "life row" in several cases. Honestly, I don't really care if the little murderer is ever executed as long as she is locked away from everyone for the rest of her life. Although I do view her as I would a rabid skunk. No more interviews, no one to prey upon, no one to manipulate, no one to ply with bs or to try to impress. Just the little murderer and her merry band of roaches, maybe some of those spiders will come and visit her.

I agree. However, from watching Jodi suddenly shift her focus (flirty, girlish charm) to the male deputies guarding her....I'd make the guards (male or female) very aware this black widow one species of black widow known from Arizona. Severe pain, respiratory distress, cramping, etc. can be associated with the bite from a black widow.will bite them before they knew what was coming. Especially whoever guards the nasty thing while she showers. http://cals.arizona.edu/main/spotlight/venomous-poisonous-animals-arizona-quick-reference

She's also a singer. I've seen her album, but can't find it again. I'm a horrible sleuther.

I did find on google how to make the Fortune Teller paper thingy's. Forgot how to after all these yrs.

And she sang beautifully! I just don't understand Spanish, :floorlaugh: but I did enjoy her voice.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial
Two guards and some court rep are looking over maps of the courthouse it seems. Sup with that? #JodiArias

Looking for the est way to get the jury out safely?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77