Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats wrong with this jury at this stage... she slit travis throat. what if she did that to one of your child or grandchild... whats the hold up? can they not see what she did to travis alexander?

How do I get a job as a DP Mitigator....? Seriously, has this woman done anything in 4 months??

You know what guys? I just had a thought....what if....
it's really the verdict but they don't wanna give advance notice to protect the jury b/c it's gonna be a mob out there (of reporters mainly) trying to talk to them if they get advance notice. Maybe this way they can just go out the side door and go home.????

BUt....only problem with this is that no one is reporting that CMJA family is there.

You know the jury were free to look at mitigators the DT didn't argue .. they could be stuck on anything ..

Sweaty palms, palpitations, shallow breathing. I'm embarrassed to admit the beginning of anxiety attack. How could I let this trial get to me so?

I find it ridiculous they call everyone in the courtroom to say:

Both sides read the question?
Both sides agree to the answer?
OK... bailiff deliver the answer to the jury...

I read a daily inspirational devotional book called "Stream in the Desert" under today's date: May 23 it quotes a paraphrased scripture that I thought was particularly appropriate under these circumstances: "They were at their wits' end. Then they cried out to the LORD in their trouble, and He brought them out of their distress."

Originally Posted by Emmi
I don't agree with the hyperbole and rumour concerning Arias' unique pathologies or powers. She's not that special, though the media have made her so. And, I don't see evidence that she--or anyone else on trial--is "playing" the justice system. Taking advantage of one's legitimate rights is not playing or manipulating anything. That's where this conversation started.

I will have to disagree with you. And heres why. I have a sister who has the exact look in her eyes that jodi does. I recoginize the tone in her voice to be exactly like jodis. When you have experienced the manipulation, the BS, the mind set, witnessing the enjoyment of trying to bring others down, creating situations in order to file law suits, renting a room from a NYC police officer and then calling IAD with false claims and having his gun taken away( this is according to her) trying to find a way to get my apt. and have me trown out. The list is endless. She could not get on bus without filing a false report against the driver. She would brag about the power of the pen and paper. Document BS. Says it holds up. I suspect that is what jodi is encouriging people to do. Its what she wishes she had done. When you personally experience people like this it does not take long to spot it in others. My mother died in Feb 2012. We could not bury her until Nov 2012. Take a guess why. I do not talk to my sister. I cut her out like a cancer years ago. I would see her at a wedding or other function. Not anymore. Noone talks to her now. Did I mention she NUTS?

Thank you for sharing that deedee. I'm very sorry that you've had to experience that with someone that should be so close to you. Until one has experienced the tactics of a sociopath, first-hand, they will never know that heartbreak and confusion. They are malignant people. They cannot change, they don't know how. They will lie and deceive without prejudice. They will never care one iota for the well-being of anyone else. They will put themselves first, at any cost. These are the very traits that make them such a danger. If you are close to a sociopath, they will hurt you emotionally. You are guaranteed of that. You are lucky if that's all they do.

Originally Posted by Emmi
Thank you for asking.

Obviously, being civilized, I don't support murder or think it should go unpunished. But I don't support state-sanctioned murder, either. I am anti-death penalty. I do support justice.

I don't support the DP either. But I've never had a loved one taken from me by the criminal act of another. I'm fiercely protective of those I love and I have no idea how I would feel in that instance.

What I do know is that many of the posters on this board have direct experience of that kind of loss and my heart goes out to them. I respect their values and beliefs.

If Jodi Arias had not murdered Travis in the first place, she would not be in this situation now. The maximum penalty for murder in Arizona is death. That is the law and she is bound to it.

Why would they be calling everyone in if it was just a question, when the earlier question was top secret?

If they had a verdict, they would announce that there was a verdict. What would they announce if the jury was hung? Would they say that there is a jury question? What else could they say?

I wonder the exact same thing.

Sorry for what might seem like a dumb question, but it's hard to follow from the other side of the world. How long have the jury been deliberating this phase? With all the breaks and days off it's really hard to tell from here.

I think about 12 hours

Okay, it's official. I've lost my nut...

I read this post and now I'm singing, in my head "just scroll on by..." to the tune of "Just Walk On By".

I even have back-up singers, in my head. When I sing, "just scroll on by", they come in with "just scroll on byyyyyy...."

I'm gonna go mow the yard. Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do. #facepalm

Ahhh.... a little levity and Dionne Warwick!!!!

If you see me posting on this thread,
And you take offense
To something I've said
Scroll on by........
Scroll on by.......

It could be just everybody getting recessed and the schedule....

Hope it's a question on how the 11 jurors that are wanting death can get rid of the one holdout and end this circus. Wha in the heck would one of these people come ALL this way only to NOT give that thing the death penalty she deserves, makes NO sense since they were all Death qualified. Keep your religion out of it, they are supposed to do what the LAW STATES. Period. It's NOT your opinion of the DP that comes to bear, it is the LAW.

Is it possible the one holding out wants off the jury? Will it be granted? Oh gosh I'm starting to sound delusional:banghead:

Jury question: What's up with the salads in the court cafeteria? $7.99 for lettuce with a little feta on top?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288