Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remember that 20 years is a MISERABLE existence...helps me feel better!
:please:

It's still living though. That's one area where the old times got it right. Sentenced to death, tomorrow lets go out the back, rope around the neck, the end. It's called a death penalty, not a lets live for 20 years in solitary then die penalty.

I don't even have a response to her so called interview of lies!!!!!!!

My prediction: DP

No one has to listen to her. She is insignificant. But it is interesting to watch a true case study of evil and contempt.

If you can't take a step back and not be drawn in by her words then you should not watch. You are most likely too tender for it now. And that is okay. It had been a brutal 5 months after a brutal crime and a horrendous campaign if lying.

I can clearly see this for what it is. I am not driven by hate for her. I feel nothing for her. She is a snarky spoiled child.

Nothing more

BBM

I agree. It's impossible for me to feel emotion, especially one strong as hate, when I never gave a damn (or even knew her) about her beforehand. These tv interviews are her trolling everyone and those that listen and watch are doing exactly what she wants, giving her an audience.

Thank you Ricki. Smoke is coming out of my ears! A borderline personality thrives on drama. Coupled with her sociopathic tendencies, she loves to sit back and watch the destruction she causes with no remorse or empathy. She is incapable. She wants the lights, cameras, and action. I am just appalled by her stating that she does not believe in the DP after what she did to Travis. She needs the DP, if only to lock her away in solidarity. If in the general population, CMJA will be nothing but trouble. :stormingmad:

This trial has made me more of a hateful person than I ever thought that I was. I hate Jodi Arias. I hate her defense team. I realize that they are doing their jobs, but I despise them. They all went above and beyond to murder a decent man once more in court. I only hate 1 other person in this world, and that's Casey Anthony. Convicted or not, she murdered her daughter and then threw her away like garbage. None of us will ever witness Caylee's justice. Travis is different. We all know that Jodi murdered him. Her defense team knows that she brutally murdered him. And yet, I watch her give these interviews over and over and over again. She just keeps talking. The exact same liar that called Travis a pedophile and an abuser. And the networks line up, and fall over her every, deceitful word. Travis is dead. He has been silenced. His family sits there in court every day, stoic, quiet, adhering to rules that are set against them. Jodi makes tshirts and promises to make her life worth saving, while they deal with a life lost that was worth much more. I feel hateful. It's my own fault, as I am way too involved in this case, after I swore that I never would be again after CA. True crime is my hobby. I read about it, study it, and generally enjoy the process. I don't enjoy this. With every interview that she gives, my hate grows. This woman is an insect, a reptile, infectious waste. Death isn't even good enough for her. My hopes are in the hands of the jury. I guess most of us are in the same position. Jodi Arias is a festering boil on the *advertiser censored* of humanity. and if she is allowed to carry on and grow, then our system has failed. Jodi originally asked for death. No one should feel bad about honoring her request. It's time for this to end. If I feel this ugly, I can't imagine how the Alexander's feel. Hate is baggage. And Jodi just isn't worth any of it. She isn't worth anything. Please pray for a verdict today, and pray that it is the right one. Death.

I didn't watch any of JA's interviews and don't plan to do so. After her self-serving allocution yesterday, I am fed up to the teeth with this arrogant, cocky, lying ***** :furious: There cannot be a more evil person on this earth!

Jodi spent much of her "plea" to the jury talking about her family, yet JW pointed out how Jodi was abused and neglected during her childhood. Which is it? That Jodi loved her family and is sorry to have put them through this or that she was abused as stated by her attorney? Neither of them made sense and contradicted one another.

I hope there's a verdict today and that the jury is as pizzed with Jodi's antics as many of us are. I hope the jury gives her death because it's what she deserves. :moo:

From Keifers AZ Republic article last night:

When asked Tuesday night if she ever dreamed of Alexander, she said that shortly after her arrest, while she was still in jail in California, she dreamed that he was there with her, lounging in “the tank.” When she asked him what he was doing there, he said, “We all have to do time for what we’ve done.”

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/articles/20130521jodi-arias-talks-before-sentencing.html

I mentioned this before. I have a dear friend who spent allot of time around my family who bought a gun to kill. He knew his wife was cheating on him while he was busting his can to make money. Went home early and caught them. Shot and killed his wife. Crime of Passion...out in 5-6 years.
I spoke to the judge in respect to his character at a hearing.

That's a little different. Your friend didn't buy the gun for his wife, at least I assume he didn't. The gun just happened to be there when he lost it.

Jodi brought a gun with her for the sole purpose of killing Travis. She had the motive, the intent, and the willingness. Whatever happened simply pushed her to go along with her original plan.

Also, when she continued to act in a very deliberate way, in which she knew that Travis would die, like continuing to stab him, slitting (sawing) his throat, that is also premeditation, because she clearly intended to kill him. In between the first and second stab, she could have stopped, she didn't. She stabbed him again and again and again.

I may be one of the few posters who does not support the DP for anybody, so I am hoping the jury decide that her life is worth saving,

I respect that JJ. I don't in any way feel her life is worth a red cent. I seriously doubt she would do any of things she mentioned yesterday or any good during her life in jail. jmo

Look, I didn't impose any innuendo in this conversation. I asked you straight out to clarify the comment that you made. I get that she is not a Ted Bundy, but you act like she had some mental disease that led her to commit this crime, and that is not the complete picture either. While I do believe that Jodi suffers from some sort of BPD, I DO NOT believe that it is the only reason for her to have commited this heinous crime. She PLANNED it. She KNEW that Travis was going to die that day. In your version, she was a victim of circumstance, which would mean that you have to negate not some, but ALL of the premeditation that JM MORE than proved during his case to the jury. She wasn't so sick that she could fool ALL of those docs that interviewed her. Say what you will, But CMJA planned the murder of Travis and executed it, and whether her story held or not, she thought that she was smart enough and pretty enough to get out of it. The only mental question here is why, if she is so damn smart, was she soooo stupid in this crime. And the answer is her Ego.

:clap::clap:

I hope that after today this trial will be over. I can't believe that for the past five months of my life I have followed it. My husband keeps asking "is if finally over now". ( In other words, can we get back to some normal television). He keeps asking if I plan on watching another trial. I told him that I think I will have to take a long break. Do some gardening, quit snacking on peanut M&M's, go for a bike ride.

I can't bear to watch JA in another interview. I am finally just sick of her, and I want her to go away. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what would have caused her to do such a thing, was it the gun or the knife first, did they have sex that afternoon or not, did she kill him because he wasn't taking her to Cancun.....etc. As this trial has progressed, I find myself caring less and less about what she was thinking and doing and more about what a great loss a lot of people endured of TA's death. I wondered what was he like, why did he continue to keep in touch with someone like JA, did he see any warning signs, did he take any precautions? Is there anything he could have done to keep this monster away from him?

I find myself asking these questions because I wonder what we can learn from this tragedy. How can we prevent this from happening again. What can I tell my son to be cautious of.

No matter what the verdict, I am certain the jury will make the right decision. They have proven themselves already.

This is a great board. I have really enjoyed reading all of your insightful post here. I don't always post much, but do read often.

Thanks
Kat

Look, I didn't impose any innuendo in this conversation. I asked you straight out to clarify the comment that you made. I get that she is not a Ted Bundy, but you act like she had some mental disease that led her to commit this crime, and that is not the complete picture either. While I do believe that Jodi suffers from some sort of BPD, I DO NOT believe that it is the only reason for her to have commited this heinous crime. She PLANNED it. She KNEW that Travis was going to die that day. In your version, she was a victim of circumstance, which would mean that you have to negate not some, but ALL of the premeditation that JM MORE than proved during his case to the jury. She wasn't so sick that she could fool ALL of those docs that interviewed her. Say what you will, But CMJA planned the murder of Travis and executed it, and whether her story held or not, she thought that she was smart enough and pretty enough to get out of it. The only mental question here is why, if she is so damn smart, was she soooo stupid in this crime. And the answer is her Ego.

And the fact is that Jodi waited all day, all day waiting for him to get into that shower where she knew he was defenseless to kill him. This never just happened in a heat of passion moment. Jodi knew Ryan was expecting her and she never called him. Not even on Travis' home phone nor did she send him a email on Travis computer. Both sitting right there within her reach when she arrived. She was there all day because he just would not get into that shower as she originally planned. She planned her arrival so she could be there before he woke up in the morning and took a shower and for whatever reason he decided not to take a shower until she was ready to leave.

I have only viewed a small news clip of her interviews last night but I have to tell you that there is so much for JW's claim that Jodi had no Ego and that she has no self esteem. Her Ego is very much alive and growing.

From Keifers AZ Republic article last night:

When asked Tuesday night if she ever dreamed of Alexander, she said that shortly after her arrest, while she was still in jail in California, she dreamed that he was there with her, lounging in “the tank.” When she asked him what he was doing there, he said, “We all have to do time for what we’ve done.”

http://www.azcentral.com/12news/articles/20130521jodi-arias-talks-before-sentencing.html

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I can't believe Keifer actually buys that shi*!!! She has the silliest, most laughable imagination. Wow...

yet another indication that she was not in a abusive situation.

Well, the unspoken message she is giving to other women is to 'document abuse' so if they murder the guy, they can get away with it. It's pretty deplorable, so I'm wondering why no reporter followed up with a question along the lines of; "When you say, "if another woman finds herself in your situation", do you mean if they kill a man? Because otherwise, wouldn't you be encouraging them to get counseling, leave the relationship, and get a restraining order?"

And there is THE MOTIVE!!! Right there it is...she had a job, a house, savings and she gave it ALL up for Travis in her demented mind...that is why she had to kill him. Travis took that ALL away from her and didn't give her the life SHE wanted. He has to pay in her twisted head and that is MOTIS OPERANDE!

To be honest, I think she and DB had more of a roommate type relationship, but that is just my own little observation.

I do agree that you a correct about motive. She wanted TA to be her husband and to provide for her. She was very jealous of any other women. I do think she planned the murder sometime around the May 26 argument in detail, it may have been forming long before then. If anything made her more angry after that last evening together in bed, it was that he would not take her on the Cancun trip and was going to take the other woman. Jealousy was it. The other woman wasn't going be with him, she was going to be his psycho housewife, either in reality or in her head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle