Penn State athletic director plus ex-Paterno assistant charged in child rape case #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
-------------
If you read the article, you will note there were 3 men involved.

These people have their shared interests.

Wherever they travel, they also have those who will share their predilections.
This young man was molested by three different adults in one school for autistic children in New Jersey?

"He had suppressed memories of the abuse until five years ago, when he suddenly recalled it in vivid detail. McLaughlin alleges that he was introduced to Neisworth and Smith through Goeke, who lived near McLaughlin's family. McLaughlin says they abused him for several years, beginning when he was 12 years old."

If others students were not molested or witnessed this, I call bs or mental illness.

This young man brought a civil suit and then took a cash settlement.

I noted on the story on Mr. Amendola that with 17 year old woman he had the child with was an emancipated minor at 16. I think that would permit her to give consent so there was no problem there.

Mike McQueary gave a brief interview to CBS Evening News tonight, saying his emotions were "all over the place ... like a snow globe."

Like this Mike?
snowglobe-quiettears.gif

Seriously what do snow globes and your state of mind have to do with each other?

http://www.tmz.com/2011/11/15/mike-mcqueary-interview-snow-globe-emotions/#.TsMRpWHGCxO

The Cover-Up Artist: Why is the CEO of Merck leading the sex-abuse investigation at Penn State? (Slate)
---
As at Merck, so at Penn State: People looked the other way when they stumbled upon something they preferred not to see. They downplayed the import of what they knew. They deflected responsibility and they buried information. At Merck, they were protecting a multibillion dollar drug. At Penn State, they were protecting a football program that brings in $70 million per year, confers prestige on the university and supports jobs with important titles and big paychecks.
---
the rest at link above

I have to wonder if it was 'wise' for McQueary to throw his name back into the media/public firestorm with the email release & very brief CBS interview today since Sandusky put his back out there in full force yesterday :waitasec:. Sandusky was leading the headlines again as of this morning and the heat was a 'little bit' off McQueary for the time being. Didn't seem like a good PR move to me.....just sayin'.

This young man was molested by three different adults in one school for autistic children in New Jersey?

This young man brought a civil suit and then took a cash settlement after one year.

do you know the name of the school in NJ?

Mary Amendola is apparently unconvinced. When Costas asked the lawyer if he would leave his children alone with Sandusky, Amendola said "yes, without hesitation."
"OMG," Mary Amendola wrote on her Facebook page, "did Joe just say that he would allow my kids to be alone with Jerry Sandusky?"

Is it just me or is this entire case starting to take on a very surreal quality?

Maybe I'm just having a hard time imagining the wife (even an ex-wife) of a defense attorney posting something of that nature on Facebook.

I noted on the story on Mr. Amendola that with 17 year old woman he had the child with was an emancipated minor at 16. I think that would permit her to give consent so there was no problem there.
Technically and legally no problem but still.....a 16-17 y/o attracted to a 48-49 y/o man. Ick. IMO....it was a case of infatuation possibly and he took advantage of it.

Technically and legally no problem but still.....a 16-17 y/o attracted to a 48-49 y/o man. Ick. IMO....it was a case of infatuation possibly and he took advantage of it.

Money.

imo

She was a client and employee and 16.
Maybe not illegal but unethical and had she filed a complaint he would have been in a bad spot defending his license (IMO).

Is it just me or is this entire case starting to take on a very surreal quality?

Maybe I'm just having a hard time imagining the wife (even an ex-wife) of a defense attorney posting something of that nature on Facebook.
It's getting more surreal by the day and I suspect this case(s) will be tied up in litigation longer than some of us here will be alive.

I think he filled out the emancipation paperwork for the 16 year old kid.

I've just caught up here-- it took me three hours of reading in this thread, with links! But I would like to respond, as a mother of boys in sports, that my children's schools didn't even utilize the shower facilities. They just didn't. And school PE classes were coed, and they didn't use them then either.

So, even though baseball was the sport-- I will state that my young men, who are now in their mid to late twenties, had NO occasion to even shower with their teammates. They brought their stinky selves home. :)

mo

That ex wife has her own personal grudge no doubt. Where else to take it? Facebook! I'm about as dumb as a box of hair and even I would know better.

Yep! Surreal. Then again maybe the ex wife is like 19 years old.:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members