Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that CMHighSchool admin contributed and enabled sandusky, and in the aftermath did nothing to protect the boy. *School should've provided private tutor, or got student settled in a different school back in 2009, or worked with counselors for kid to have what ever accommodations he needed to feel as safe and secure as he could. ACCOMMODATIONS are made for medical, peanut allergies, behavioral, inclusion, all kinds of needs, some disruptive, of all kinds of students...but admin/guidence counselors couldn't think of how to help this kid??? I wonder if his Due Process was violated?

Did anyone read if the grand jury was a federal grand jury (since Sandusky raped child(ren) across the PA state line) or a state grand jury? This article states that in the federal system, "regular" grand juries sit for a basic term of 18 months but a court can extend this term for another 6 months, bringing the total possible term to 24 months; "special" federal grand juries sit for a basic term of 18 months but a court can extend their term for up to another 18 months, bringing their total possible term to 36 months. The term of state grand juries varies widely, but it would be fair to say that a year's term is fairly average.
http://campus.udayton.edu/~grandjur/faq/faq4.htm

It was a State Grand Jury. The opening sentence says:

"We the members of the Thirty-Third Statewide Investigating Grand Jury having received and reviewed evidence regarding violations of the Crimes Code occuring in Centre County, Pennsylvania......"

I feel that CMHighSchool admin contributed and enabled sandusky, and in the aftermath did nothing to protect the boy. *School should've provided private tutor, or got student settled in a different school back in 2009, or worked with counselors for kid to have what ever accommodations he needed to feel as safe and secure as he could. ACCOMMODATIONS are made for medical, peanut allergies, behavioral, inclusion, all kinds of needs, some disruptive, of all kinds of students...but admin/guidence counselors couldn't think of how to help this kid??? I wonder if his Due Process was violated?

It seems like a lot of things were "violated", then brushed under the rug, and possibly under the law. Why don't white Americans have spokespersons like Jessee Jackson and Al Sharpton?

It seems like a lot of things were "violated", then brushed under the rug, and possibly under the law. Why don't white Americans have spokespersons like Jessee Jackson and Al Sharpton?

Uhhh...(HUSH Papa, don't you DARE bring Rush Limbaugh into this...) LOL LOL

I'm almost afraid to guess how this is going to play out. Good luck to your son.

I'm not, but I sure hope the right people are shaking in their boots! I say, Godspeed Louis Freeh!

On October 29th, Penn State defeated Illnois to give Joe Paterno the record for the most wins by a Division I football coach at 409. He would never coach another game. Did they wait until Paterno set the record to arrest Sandusky? Or is it just a coincidence?

Many have speculated that they waited until he reached that record. It makes sense to me. They knew it was all going to hit the fan, so why not let Paterno go out in glory?

My very elderly dad just suggested that Admiral Thad Allen (the mean-axx admiral that took control of the looting/shootings in New Orleans after the flood) be brought to the administrative offices to “clean the place up”. ROFL

A better idea would be for Attorney General Linda Kelly (not a Penn State graduate) and Governor Corbett (also not a PS alumni) to start pressuring the upper levels of administration to leave and the board of trustees to retire.

HOLY CRAP! Louis Freeh was the “take NO prisoners" FBI Director when the FBI "forced" the firebombing of the Branch Davidians and also when the FBI sniper shot that unarmed woman holding a baby at Ruby Ridge.

(Dayum, I’m glad son #2 is graduating next year. I’m sending him back after Thanksgiving break waving a large white flag and with instructions to “hit the ground” if a red dot suddenly appears on his chest or head. ;) )
Louis Freeh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My grandaughter is a now a Junior in high School and has never been allowed to use Wikipedia as a source for any information since anyone can edit the site so is their another source for this information? Just asking...JMHO

all I mean to say is all kinds of kids with all kinds of needs are accommodated with a Free Appropriate Public Education in the Least Restrictive Environment according to ADA and IDEA and Section 504 laws. There are so many laws, but they obviously are not followed all the time..then new laws are mandated plus new reams of paperwork...how about some common sense? but people are either doing a CYA, or maybe are hamstrung by policy? Too much money is made by 'forming commitees' to 'write policy' blah blah....the system now exists to support itself....sorry for the disservice of my jaded attitude to those who ARE DOING GOOD WORK..You are better people than I...time for a change...

My very elderly dad just suggested that Admiral Thad Allen (the mean-axx admiral that took control of the looting/shootings in New Orleans after the flood) be brought to the administrative offices to “clean the place up”. ROFL

A better idea would be for Attorney General Linda Kelly (not a Penn State graduate) and Governor Corbett (also not a PS alumni) to start pressuring the upper levels of administration to leave and the board of trustees to retire.
Pensfan, whatever they wind up doing, Sidney Crosby still played great last night!

On October 29th, Penn State defeated Illnois to give Joe Paterno the record for the most wins by a Division I football coach at 409. He would never coach another game. Did they wait until Paterno set the record to arrest Sandusky? Or is it just a coincidence?

I have no idea BigCat but I do wonder after reading some eye opening links posted by our late night sleuths (thank you WS) about Paterno & Spanier.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...52073672561402.html?mod=WSJ_hp_LEFTTopStories

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/22/s...-success-and-secrecy.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all

However, I found a bit of solace to learn that he isn't the winningest college football coach of all time according to this link.....

http://collegefootball.about.com/od/coachinggreats/a/coaches-top10.htm

My father was a huge Bama fan so I grew up watching college football on tv and attending games. The AL vs PSU game was a big rivalry in our world down south.

http://psucomradio.com/stories/The-Storied-History-between-Penn-State-and-Alabama,3088

While it was a fierce rivalry, us Bama fans (in my family) didn't feel contempt for Paterno as opposed to whoever coached Auburn (Shug Jordan comes to mind), we expected that AL/PSU would always be a great game with good sportsmanship. This link includes some quotes from paterno on the bear.....

http://espn.go.com/classic/biography/s/Bryant_Bear.html

I no longer hold Paterno in high regard after the things I have read. I am disgusted by his choices to keep things hidden to protect PSU football and his empire in Happy Valley. How could he not stand up for these abused children?:furious:

BTW, here's a bit of trivia that Mr. wm pointed out to me. Both JP's and BB's last games coached were against the University of Illinois.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Who_was_Paul_Bear_Bryant's_323rd_win_against

Not only does Sandusky's alleged rapes and sexual abuse of young boys and the alledged cover up by PSU officials cast a dark cloud on Happy Valley, the Sandusky tentacles are far reaching and inking out towards all college athletics which generate major revenue for Universities. I would be kidding myself to think that such coverups are only limited to PSU as we read about NCAA violations in the news all the time. BUT......The details in that Grand Jury report were horrific!

I wish I could shake the hands of the victims for taking a stand and preventing Sandusky from abusing future victims. Pedos won't stop their atrocities against children unless they are incarcerated or until they die.

Rant over......all MOO....just needed to vent......:banghead:

wm

Off topic: Here is one more pedophile who chose a job where he came into daily contact with children. He was also considered to be a nice man. The parents had no idea of what he was doing for a long time. He was caught, not because the parents suspected him, but because he was busted by the FBI for downloading child *advertiser censored* and then he confessed to his actions at his school.
http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Form...or-Child-*advertiser censored*-134301143.html

The elementary school principal admitted to having sexual fantasies and had one of the largest collections of child *advertiser censored* she (the judge) had heard of during her time on the bench. The ages range from infant to prepubescent boys in the videos.........

Burke installed video cameras under the sinks, above bathroom stalls and put one on his belt so when he walked into the bathroom he could record images of children using the bathroom......
Which begs the question (I'm not sure if if it was covered in grand jury testimony) of what was on JS's computers. Were they confiscated or a search warrant issued for any at his residence or office! I wonder if JS's victims were subjected to watching *advertiser censored* while with him or if they know of any video taping done in his basement or hotel rooms!:furious:
If they haven't confiscated computers by now-it may be too late to seize anything pertinent to this investigation!:banghead:

Your post and reference to wins, caused me to be curious as to Penn State's Won/Lost record for the season(s) immediately prior to the 2002 rape in the shower witnessed by McQueary.

The 2000 and 2001 football seasons were dismal years for Paterno and Penn State. After a combined two year record of only 10 wins with 13 losses, a monumental scandal involving the football program was likely the LAST thing Joe Paterno and Penn State needed.

PSU20002001.png

Support and donations from boosters and alumni are crucial for big time college football. 13 losses versus only 10 wins, coupled with a legendary coach being exposed as a child rapist, could easily have negatively impacted the fisical bottom line and sounded a death knell for Paterno's coaching aspirations.

Which begs the question (I'm not sure if if it was covered in grand jury testimony) of what was on JS's computers. Were they confiscated or a search warrant issued for any at his residence or office! I wonder if JS's victims were subjected to watching *advertiser censored* while with him or if they know of any video taping done in his basement or hotel rooms!:furious:
If they haven't confiscated computers by now-it may be too late to seize anything pertinent to this investigation!:banghead:[/QUOTE
------------

un huh. I'm hoping that someone was covertly gaining that information during all of those years. If not..., Here's my post from thread. I was asking because I had read nothing about it:

11-11-2011, 11:51 AM
concentric

So what about computer forensics?

RE: wikipedia as a source

Most educators do not want to see wikipedia used as a source for a research paper. Because in and of itself it is a compendium or a summary. However, as an initial overview on a subject, it is just fine.

A researcher can often get an overall view of a subject and go from there. Many, many wikipedia articles are sourced - with links provided. So, beginning at wikipedia is fine. We just don't like to see research that begins and ends with only a wikipedia article.

Also, I'm pretty sure the arbitrary changes to wikipedia articles is no longer the case.

Most educators do not want to see wikipedia used as a source for a research paper. Because in and of itself it is a compendium or a summary. However, as an initial overview on a subject, it is just fine.

A researcher can often get an overall view of a subject and go from there. Many, many wikipedia articles are sourced - with links provided. So, beginning at wikipedia is fine. We just don't like to see research that begins and ends with only a wikipedia article.

Also, I'm pretty sure the arbitrary changes to wikipedia articles is no longer the case.

Yes, arbitrary changes are permitted. Often times, however, it is a good place to start researching, if the article has links. :)

Exactly. Wikipedia does have useful links. However, if I did research, I would avoid it. I rather use books or scholarly journals.

Top Stories

penn state scandal
By Luke O'Brien
Nov 22, 2011 3:25 PM

Jerry Sandusky’s Attorney On Hotel Sex And Why Tom Corbett’s Investigation Took So Long

Teenage impregnator and Jerry Sandusky attorney Joe Amendola appeared today on ABC news to say a few things in front of a fake fire and a bad painting. First, he stated the obvious: He expects more charges to be filed against Sandusky.

He then argued—with a twinkle in his eye— that Sandusky couldn't have had repeated sexual contact with boys at his home because he was never alone at his home with boys. A brief transcript of Amendola's conversation with ABC host Jim Avila:

Amendola: "This house was like a hotel, particularly on football weekends."

Avila: "But, Joe, a lot of people have sex in hotels."

Amendola: "You're right they have sex in hotels. But this was a house. And the house was filled with people."

Clarence Darrow this is not. Amendola also defended his client by pointing to how long it took Gov. Tom Corbett, who was Pennsylvania's attorney general at the time, to investigate Sandusky:

If you believe that Jerry Sandusky was a pedophile, then you had to believe there was a substantial risk while you were continuing a three-year grand jury investigation which could've resulted in an arrest with the first boy coming forward three years ago.
http://deadspin.com/5861899/

n an Aug. 12, 2005, email to Pennsylvania State University President Graham Spanier and others, Vicky Triponey, the university's standards and conduct officer, complained that Mr. Paterno believed she should have "no interest, (or business) holding our football players accountable to our community standards. The Coach is insistent he knows best how to discipline his players…and their status as a student when they commit violations of our standards should NOT be our concern…and I think he was saying we should treat football players different from other students in this regard."

The confrontations came to a head in 2007, according to one former school official, when six football players were charged by police for forcing their way into a campus apartment that April and beating up several students, one of them severely. That September, following a tense meeting with Mr. Paterno over the case, she resigned her post, saying at the time she left because of "philosophical differences."

In a statement Monday, Dr. Triponey said: "There were numerous meetings and discussions about specific and pending student discipline cases that involved football players," which she said included "demands" to adjust the judicial process for football players. The end result, she said, was that football players were treated "more favorably than other students accused of violating the community standards as defined by the student code of conduct." http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204443404577052073672561402.html?mod=wsj_share_tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288