Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
JJ: Ronald Heichel and Matt (Heichel) Sandusky are brothers--biological or not. One source for that is the link I posted with comments from their childhood football coach. Including his comments that Jerry picked up both boys after practice.

As to their closeness: broken home. Acc. to Madeira, he rarely saw/spoke to Matt, even though Matt is his wife (Lisa's) brother. So, unless Lisa always saw Matt by herself, she wasn't close to Matt either. Remember, Lisa and Matt were placed with, and each adopted by different families.

Just goes with a broken home. Gotta run; will read the rest of your post. Reply later, if I have any comment. Thanks for reading--you are the local expert on Gricar. And might have to become that on Sandusky too.

JJ: you said: "Second, in the Heichal/Boob case, Heichal was having an affair with Boob. In that case, the motive was not money or protection. He wanted to hook up with Mirinda Boob."

Yes, they supposedly met as strangers in some local store, like a convenience store. She gave him her phone no. Then, his friend/coworker drove Ron to several assignations with Mirinda. Mirinda was still having an affair with another man, who had instructed her on the use of guns, but refused to murder her husband for her.

So, I truly don't know if Ron was doing a murder-for-hire, and being paid in sexual favors. Or, if in a few brief meetings for sex, he was conned into murdering her husband. Either way, wasn't hard to convince him.

There may be no connection of Ron to Jerry Sandusky. I'm just open to possibilities. My own bad feeling is that Gricar was disappeared by someone who thought Gricar was closing in on him. Related to Jerry's activities or not. Just a "bad feeling". But this I'm sure of: somebody other than Gricar knows who that is. For the same reason that a cautious person always says, "in case a truck hits me, here's where you'll find xyz".

Also, I have a "good feeling" that arrogance is always the fatal flaw that brings down intelligent criminals. (Low IQ brings down the others). Just like Sandusky, they get carried away with the notion that they're smarter than everybody else. In the same way that a high school valedictorian sails on arrogance--right up till he gets to Yale. And finds out that his entire class is just as smart as he is. (Yes, except those whose families got them in.)

So, I have bad and good feelings about everything coming out eventually. If Amendola succeeds in getting Sandusky's trial delayed, so much the better. More time for him, and others, to mess up.

JJ: I just had to stay and finish reading your post! Well argued. I agree Ron H probably had smarter help, if he did it.

More likely, someone much smarter would have murdered Gricar. And smart enough not to do the actual deed himself. But someone that Gricar had his eye on. And the murderer knew it.

IF Gricar was murdered. I'll have to look for another Gricar-to-Jerry Sandusky link. I'd love to hear anyone else's.

Pinktoes, 44% Foul Play is not exactly impossible. I just cannot figure out a direct motive related to Sandusky, assuming RFG was on the up and up (and I've seen no evidence he wasn't).

JJ: I can give you a possible motive(s). Pedophiles often pass around their victims. IF Jerry is guilty, then there may be other perpetrators who are linked to him. And could have been under investigation, or on the radar of someone in LE.

Another: Pedophiles often make visual recordings of their crimes. Sometimes they share those. Sometimes they share them thru the Internet, often in P2P chatrooms. There's another possibility.

We know from the full pdf Amendola submitted requesting the "missing" details from those discovery documents, that Jerry's electronics, or some of them, were seized and a computer forensics examination done. Amendola requested the full text of all emails so obtained. That's only emails, granted. But emails provide a list of names for investigators to peruse for possible additional perps.
They could then work backward from those emails.

A different motive, diff connections: someone who made contributions--directly in cash, or off-the-books thru informal "barter"--to either The Second Mile and/or PSU. And, due to his generosity, was provided access to a child courtesy of Sandusky. Suppose that person (s) got wind that Gricar was closing in and disappeared Gricar? Out of self-protection, as motive. Sandusky might never know it. Probably wouldn't.

Anybody else got any ideas on this fishing expedition?

Suppose that person (s) got wind that Gricar was closing in and disappeared Gricar? Out of self-protection, as motive. Sandusky might never know it. Probably wouldn't.

Anybody else got any ideas on this fishing expedition?

The police have already said that RFG was not working on Sandusky; there is not even a case file.

I can see why they are looking at JKA. RFG did not prosecute Sandusky. The "extensive disagreements" may be that she felt there should have been a prosecution. He testimony might basically be that RFG erred in not prosecuting.

JJ: you said, "The police have already said that RFG was not working on Sandusky; there is not even a case file."

OK, call me skeptical, but LE has been known to conceal the truth from people. Also, maybe Gricar knew of something he didn't open a case file on. A lot of things are done informally outside of written/electronic records. Esp if involving high-profile citizens, or LE, etc. I put little faith in the notion that the public has an accurate view of what Gricar might have known.

What puzzles me, though, is KA supposedly only had the 1998 Sandusky investigation for "a couple of days". Why, then, would she have extensive disagreements with Gricar about it? Did those happen in 2 days initially? Or, perhaps, in future years? Looking at the list of charges against Sandusky, plus the statements that other charges that didn't fit some profile were not pursued, it's possible that KA, or someone else in that office--or another county, or even AG's office--looked at other stuff between the 1998 incident and April 15, 2005. That's what I'd be looking for.

JJ: you said, "The police have already said that RFG was not working on Sandusky; there is not even a case file."

OK, call me skeptical, but LE has been known to conceal the truth from people. Also, maybe Gricar knew of something he didn't open a case file on. A lot of things are done informally outside of written/electronic records. Esp if involving high-profile citizens, or LE, etc. I put little faith in the notion that the public has an accurate view of what Gricar might have known.

I don't think LE is holding back. There is no case file and there would almost have to be hard copy backups. There is nothing on the office computer.

What puzzles me, though, is KA supposedly only had the 1998 Sandusky investigation for "a couple of days". Why, then, would she have extensive disagreements with Gricar about it? Did those happen in 2 days initially? Or, perhaps, in future years? Looking at the list of charges against Sandusky, plus the statements that other charges that didn't fit some profile were not pursued, it's possible that KA, or someone else in that office--or another county, or even AG's office--looked at other stuff between the 1998 incident and April 15, 2005. That's what I'd be looking for.

Amendola said it was the 1998 investigation and there is no suggestion of any further investigations. The AG's office didn't find out about the case until late in the case (late 2010?). Nobody else is talking about another incident and nobody claims to have reported it.

"A couple" can mean more than a few days. JKA described it as "pre-Gricar" in public. SOP seems to have been that JKA would handle abuse cases; I don't know the date she started handling them exclusively.

So now we have a report that "extensive disagreement" over RFG's decision, and Schreffler's statement that there was enough evidence to prosecute on some of the charges. We also have the possibility that the case was not handled in the usual manner.

A missing DA, a strong case not prosecuted at the time, possibly not handled in the usual manner, a high profile defendant, with access to money. This could end up being very bad. :(

JJ: I only have written reports of what locals have said about Gricar. KA, ex, seemed to hold him in some degree of regard; indicated she had never questioned his ethics. Others said other things, from "hard to get to know" to "nice guy". Well, you've read it all, too.

But sometimes somebody from the outside can meet someone just once and yet get a more accurate impression of him than those who are closer.

So, I have a question. You're obviously and intelligent and perceptive person: did you ever meet Gricar? If so, how did he strike you?

JJ: I only have written reports of what locals have said about Gricar. KA, ex, seemed to hold him in some degree of regard; indicated she had never questioned his ethics. Others said other things, from "hard to get to know" to "nice guy". Well, you've read it all, too.

But sometimes somebody from the outside can meet someone just once and yet get a more accurate impression of him than those who are closer.

So, I have a question. You're obviously and intelligent and perceptive person: did you ever meet Gricar? If so, how did he strike you?

I have never met him. My knowledge comes from his record and what friends say about him (and I have talked to some of them in depth). I will say this; I have never heard "nice guy."

Looking at his record, I was quite shocked by him not prosecuting the Sandusky case. Even looking at his record after the Sandusky non-prosecution, it is still a good record. I've called this an anomaly; it is. It, unfortunately, happens to be an anomaly in the most high profile case in RFG's career.

I'm going to suggest that if you want to discuss Ray Gricar in great detail, especially beyond the Sandusky case, you go to the thread on it.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7584042#post7584042"]PA PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #9 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

My only interest in Gricar is as it relates to Sandusky's case. I never heard of him before.

So, JJ, you said, "It, unfortunately, happens to be an anomaly in the most high profile case in RFG's career. "

But, am I right that no one put Sandusky together with Gricar's disappearance till now (Nov, 2011)? Not even people who knew about Gricar, Lauro, etc before 2011? Or, do we just not have access to them to know that?

I read of attempts to tie Gricar's disappearance to drug cases and other things. But never Sandusky. And now, within the possibilities of murder, Sandusky or a coverup by others with an interest in keeping Sandusky's alledged crimes under wraps--well, that seems as possible as anything else (in the murder-scenario arena vs. walkaway, etc)

Why not before? People knew. It just wasn't publicized.

My only interest in Gricar is as it relates to Sandusky's case. I never heard of him before.

So, JJ, you said, "It, unfortunately, happens to be an anomaly in the most high profile case in RFG's career. "

But, am I right that no one put Sandusky together with Gricar's disappearance till now (Nov, 2011)? Not even people who knew about Gricar, Lauro, etc before 2011? Or, do we just not have access to them to know that?

It still is not linked, necessarily. Nobody investigating the case was ever away of Sandusky. Heck, I was suggesting teaming with Penn State and using its resources to investigate the disappearance.

I read of attempts to tie Gricar's disappearance to drug cases and other things. But never Sandusky.

Those were ruled out. Generally it is conspiracy theorists on the web. I've seen, and had all sorts of theories by e-mail, even before this. Somebody thought he was a Russian spy; someone else thought it was George H. W. Bush and the Illuminati. There is the "Ray is Gay because he drove a Mini Cooper" crowd. I'm told that on one message board it was the Freemasons, PSU, and Hershey's Chocolate Company. :)

Jana, one of the Gricar regulars, checked: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7411293&highlight=Hershey's+Chocolate#post7411293

A little more seriously, a lot of people think he walked and his daughter knows where he is. I'm not one of them, but it is fairly popular in Centre County.

And now, within the possibilities of murder, Sandusky or a coverup by others with an interest in keeping Sandusky's alledged crimes under wraps--well, that seems as possible as anything else (in the murder-scenario arena vs. walkaway, etc)

Why not before? People knew. It just wasn't publicized.

That one, Sandusky or associates killed RFG, is pretty much ruled out, because nobody kills a prosecutor who isn't going to prosecute the killer. Only if that would change, would that be a possibility.

Sandusky hearing is going on in Center County Court this morning.

Just brainstorming here, the rules for which mean you let in all ideas.

JJ said "because nobody kills a prosecutor who isn't going to prosecute the killer"

So, turn that around. WHO would kill a prosecutor who isn't going to prosecute? Ideas:

(1) Someone who kills him for a reason unrelated to any known cases;

(2) My current favorite: Someone who, for a personal reason, gets angrier and angrier as time goes on that Gricar did not, and does not, prosecute Sandusky.

Just food for thought.

Reading some tweets.....

Judge expects a May trial date.

Judge won't rule on release of Grand Jury Testimony today.

Amdendola says Prosecutors request additional time to give defense information they are requesting from Discovery.

Amendola pointing out that if Sandusky were in jail he would have 2 hours per week to have friends visit - he would like that consideration in Sandusky's home.

Amendola relaying that Sandusky would travel rarely with PI.

Neighbors have shot videos of Sandusky on his porch - supposedly looking at the school - video's will be given to the judge.

Amendola is saying that the people of Centre County are good hardworking people and that he has no problem with trial being in Centre County.

Penn State is not on trial, the football team is not on trial, the Second Mile is not on Trial....Sandusky is on trial says Amendola per the tweets.

From what i am reading - Amendola wants Centre County to have the first shot at Sandusky's trial.

Why so if there is a conviction they, Amendola and Sandusky can say they didn't get an unbiased jury in Centre County?

Per tweets Sandusky being sworn to speak with the judge. Sandusky saying he has spoken with Amendola about keeping the trial in Centre County and that he trusts Amendola.

per tweets Prosecutor asks Sandusky if he understands if he Sandusky agrees to a jury from Centre County he can't later appeal he didn't get a fair trial.

Sandusky per tweets is laughing...Judge asks if he Sandusky on meds - yes - asks if this affects his ability to think - Sandusky answers no.

Hearing adjourned - ruling to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member