Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you mean acquitted of that charge only...

Yes, because I was initially contrasting it with 2007 and 1998.

I think McQueary is very believable....the grand jury found him so believable that they accepted his version of what happened over 2 high officials from the college, enough to charge them with perjury.

The old saying is that a prosecutor can get a grand jury to indict a ham sandwich. There is a different standard of proof between what is needed to charge and convict.

It is not of McQueary being believable, but believable beyond a reasonable doubt.

The 2000 incident is really going to be a hard sell. 2007 and 1998 should be the easiest.

Prosecuting and winning are two very different things. You can file, but you may not win. Unless a jury believes McQueary beyond a reasonable doubt, Sandusky is acquitted.

Much of this case will fall on if the jury believes McQueary on the stand and how McQueary handles cross examination.

Surely the cross will be brutal..but if he holds up Sandusky probably goes to jail.

While there is so much to digest in this whole scandal I have never NOT believed McQueary to date.

It's become apparent now, since we heard that there were other incidents investigators could have pursued but didn't, because they either "didn't fit the profile" or were found to be not credible, that prosecutors felt they needed more than the one 1998 set of charges i order to win. That's why they've waited this long.

Oh, where did you hear that?

Remember also, in 1998, Sandusky admitted it, in from of three witnesses and there were two victims.

wpxi news now has a video on Sandusky watching kids from his deck, he makes wierd motions with his hands..........
and dottie the wife almost ran a reporter and camera man down with her car
http://www.wpxi.com/videos/news/video-channel-11s-courtney-brennan-nearly-hit-by/vF3DT/
I pray the LE keeps ALL children away !!!!! His wife isn't right in the head either, JMOO

Dottie is a piece of work, isn't she? Although I must admit, it appeared Courtney was standing right in front of their driveway, so that wasn't the smartest move ever.

Much of this case will fall on if the jury believes McQueary on the stand and how McQueary handles cross examination.

Surely the cross will be brutal..but if he holds up Sandusky probably goes to jail.

While there is so much to digest in this whole scandal I have never NOT believed McQueary to date.

Well, I believe him, but possibly not beyond a reasonable doubt; I'll need to hear more to reach that level for sure. Beliving it, and believing it beyond a reasonable doubt are two different things.

Amendola's argument might also be that McQueary saw something, but it wasn't sex: **Jerry was just roughhousing with the kid in a friendly manner. That is why no rape victim has come forward, because there no victim of rape.**

Even with a McQueary that holds up perfectly, this one will be difficult to prove.

2000 is worse, because the eyewitness has dementia and there is no victim.

A lot of the others, you have a victim, but no corroboration. The only ones where there is some semblance of both are 2007 and 1998. 1998 is not serious as many of the others; no rape is claimed.

Oh, where did you hear that?

Remember also, in 1998, Sandusky admitted it, in from of three witnesses and there were two victims.

Read the in mainstream media (about not charging the offenses that didn't fit the profile.). Sorry, i assumed you guys had posted it here earlier

I will tell you what really worries me about that 2002 victim of some showering/horseplay/anal rape event: that he's missing. Maybe he just hasn't come forward. But, just maybe, he was disappeared.

JJ: here's the first MSM reference to other victims not fitting the profile, etc. It's in a list, I presume taken from that pdf of Amendola's requests for addnl info to fill in the gaps of what prosecutors gave him in response to his first discovery request. Don't have time now to go to the pdf; maybe someone does.

Anyway, it should be in there, because among Amendola's "wish list" request was:

"Amendola is also requesting:

• Documents related to the football team travel to the Outback Bowl in Tampa, Fla., in 1998-99, as well as where the team stayed.

• The identities of anyone who came forward as potential victims but didn’t fit the profile or whose report was deemed to be false;
...."

Read more here: http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...+didn't+fit+the+profile&ct=clnk#storylink=cpy

Edit: OK, that might not pull up for you guys. Here's the source:

Amendola wants trove of documents in case against Sandusky

By Mike Dawson mdawson@centredaily.com — State College - Centre Daily Times

Posted: 12:01am on Feb 8, 2012; Modified: 6:06am on Feb 8, 2012

Hear ye, hear ye!

PLEASE CONTINUE AT THREAD #8, HERE:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162477"]Penn State Sandusky cover-up: AD arrested, Paterno fired, dies #8[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member