Penn State Sandusky Trial #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter Hall ‏@phall215

Victim 9's mom said her son complained of stomach problems, not being able to use the bathroom properly after #Sandusky visits.

~~~

Megan Healey ‏@MeganHealey

RT @Courtartist Sketch: #Sandusky victim no.9's mother weeps on stand. http://pic.twitter.com/6UeFfAwp

~~~

Emily Reddy ‏@EmilyReddy

Former Penn_State asst football coaches Dick Anderson and Booker Brooks both say it's okay to shower with young boys. #Sandusky

~~~

Peter Hall ‏@phall215

Anderson said it was common for young boys to shower with older men at YMCA and he saw #Sandusky showering with boys at Penn State.

~~~

Jessica Reyes ‏@jessicamreyes

Booker Brooks,another fmr Penn St coach also testified for defense.Both said they saw #sandusky shower w boys & said they did too as coaches

~~~

Outside The Lines ‏@OTLonESPN

Anderson testified he and other PSU coaches were in team showers when Sandusky brought boys into them. Never saw anything inappropriate.

~~~

Joel Achenbach ‏@JoelAchenbach

@chucktodd Not a spectacular start for the Sandusky defense. Couple of old buddies. "Great guy." Lotta showering going on.

~~~

:what:
BBM
WHAAAAATTTTTT???????????????
does anyone think that's okay?

What a bunch of freaks! There is definitely a pattern emerging here about freaky old men who are pedos at Penn State!

Sandusky may just be the tip of the iceberg.

I am appalled at the testimony of these "defense" witnesses.

I hope the jury feels the same way.

:what: :what: :what:

As I was reading around today about histrionic personality disorder, the term "pervasive" was used to qualify the attributes associated with HPD.

So, that would mean that these traits would be noticed in every area of his life, not just his dealings with children. As a public man, there should be a ton of examples, over a span of decades, of Jerry's histrionic self... can the defense come up with that? I'm sure the prosecutors are ready for just about anything they can dish up.

I really think it's one of those "it's worth a shot" kind of plans. JMO

EXACTLY...that's where these "hail mary" defense psych. evals fail. They leave out the fact that these "symptoms" would be prevalent in ALL of the defendant's activities and behaviors....and it's not just about being PERVASIVE, in his case, it would be PROLONGED...because how often has he been "histrionic" in over sixty years. In this trial, the evidence of his "histrionics" is when he started acting like a bully toward the victims who repelled his advances. But he quickly regained his composure and went on to new victims.

"Mettler met Sandusky while attending The Second Mile when he was 8 or 9 years old. He slept over Sandusky’s house a few times, Sandusky would get him tickets to games but he’d take his own family.

Mettler served in the Army in Germany, Iraq, Afghanistan in late 90s, early 2000’s.

He was on the stand for just a few minutes."

This guy is gonna be real popular with his Army buddies after this testimony. :maddening:

I'm certainly no expert, but, my understanding of HPD is that a person would behave seductively, in general, not just to a certain group. Maybe Pensfan will clarify for us.
You are very correct. People with HPD (almost always women) are extreme attention seekers. Jerry only sought attention/affection from little boys and that's not a symptom of HPD, but of pedophilia.

Symptoms include:

Acting or looking overly seductive
Being easily influenced by other people
Being overly concerned with their looks
Being overly dramatic and emotional
Being overly sensitive to criticism or disapproval
Believing that relationships are more intimate than they actually are
Blaming failure or disappointment on others
Constantly seeking reassurance or approval
Having a low tolerance for frustration or delayed gratification
Needing to be the center of attention (self-centeredness)
Quickly changing emotions, which may seem shallow to others
http://www.umm.edu/ency/article/001531sym.htm#ixzz1yAG8z27l

Omg, this writer has his snark fully intact-- very skillful, imo. He got in a couple of twists of the knife: One, that the basement was NOT soundproof, he writes--

Oh yeah!?!

Then secondly, he jabs a little at Dottie for enduring a relationship that doesn't rate her as high as the family dog, he tells about an incident that happened in November of last year--

:what: :thud: :fence:

It makes you wonder if Jer and "BO" had a thing going on, too. Since "BO" is the only one he had left....now if only dogs could talk...

What a bunch of freaks! There is definitely a pattern emerging here about freaky old men who are pedos at Penn State!

Sandusky may just be the tip of the iceberg.

I am appalled at the testimony of these "defense" witnesses.

I hope the jury feels the same way.

:what: :what: :what:

This is so abhorrent...............any man taking a female child or a male child into a shower either at Penn State or the YMCA is beyond acceptable. These kids can be taken home and given to their parents or grandmother - in the case of the little girl. This is beyond the pale.

Defense attorney Joe Amendola then questioned Anderson on redirect.
Amendola -- Is there a difference between a little boy and an adolescent? Anderson -- There can be.
Anderson -- If Jerry would bring someone in with the Second Mile and they were working out, it was not uncommon they’d shower together with other coaches as well. Anderson says he never saw anything inappropriate between Sandusky and a boy in the showers.

by WGAL 12:24 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1yA9pCETO

Sandusky was showing off the "merchandise" and giving Anderson and other pedo coaches an opportunity to "select".

JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION--there was a whole culture of pedophilia among coaches, profs, and "Second Mile" philanthropists. It was pervasive and ongoing.

DA Ray Gricar was "disappeared" because he had the goods on them.

(Again, just my own speculation.)

This is so abhorrent...............any man taking a female child or a male child into a shower either at Penn State or the YMCA is beyond acceptable. These kids can be taken home and given to their parents or grandmother - in the case of the little girl. This is beyond the pale.

What kind of a freaky culture is this? I'm a Pennsylvanian, have sent my kids to Penn State, and am disgusted beyond words that these men and their attorneys think this behaviour is the norm.

Vinnie Politan ‏@VinniePolitan

Other PSU coaches say they shower with little kids too... What is going on at State College? #Sandusky

~~~

Your Legal Lady ‏@MariFagel

How sad - #Sandusky accuser's mom on stand as last prosecution witness, mom of boy who screamed in basement, was hyperventilating, crying

~~~

Courtney Brennan ‏@WPXI_Courtney

Another former Penn State coach, Booker Brooks, testifies as a character witness for #Sandusky & says he also showers with young kids.

~~~

#Sandusky defense put up Penn State coaches who described him as terrific, stand up guy & who said they showered w/ boys too

~~~

#Sandusky prosecution on cross poses hypothetical to coach-would you bear hug these boys in the shower from behind? No

~~~

Michael Sisak ‏@cvmikesisak

#Sandusky witnesses saying showering w/ kids is "very common thing" could sound creepy, particularly ex-coach who does w/young granddaughter

~~~

The Patriot-News ‏@PatriotNews

Jerry Sandusky trial: Coaching colleagues describe Sandusky as busy, involved with children http://bit.ly/Ls1fDj

~~~

SPORTSbyBROOKS ‏@SPORTSbyBROOKS

NBC doesnt explain why Sandusky's comments, in which he essentially acknowledges abuse to Costas, werent aired. http://on.msnbc.com/NFU63H

~~~

Dick Weiss ‏@NYDNDickWeiss

@NYDNDickWeiss andersom saw he saw sandusky bring young boys in lasch bldg showers occasionally never saw anything out of line

~~~

Michael Sisak ‏@cvmikesisak

#Sandusky atty Karl Rominger works cell phone (texting or emailing) with one hand, clutches root beer in other as he leans on empty jury box

WGAL:

The defense began presenting its case by calling former Penn State assistant coach Dick Anderson.

by WGAL 11:15 AM

The mother of one of Jerry Sandusky's alleged victims says her son's underwear was frequently missing from the laundry and he claimed he'd thrown it away because he had an accident.
The mother of the teen called Victim 9 by prosecutors was the last witness called Monday before the state attorney general's office rested its case against the former Penn State assistant football coach.

The woman's son testified Thursday that Sandusky had repeatedly forced him to have anal sex that resulted in bleeding. The teen testified that he "just dealt with it."

by WGAL 11:15 AM

We'll file an update here shortly on what happened this morning.

by WGAL 11:12 AM

The prosecution has rested.

by WGAL 11:12 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1y9swAKhh

This mom's testimony has brought me to tears. She will forever blame herself for the trauma caused to her son by an evil pervert.

I hope that when all is said and done, she and her son will sue and win millions, which Jerry and Dottie will have to pay from their pensions.

What kind of a freaky culture is this? I'm a Pennsylvanian, have sent my kids to Penn State, and am disgusted beyond words that these men and their attorneys think this behaviour is the norm.

Imagining the trauma this little 'granddaughter' experienced being taken into the men's shower at the YMCA makes me ill. As a former Pennsylvanian it sickens me.

I attended and worked in public schools all my life. FWIW, those buildings are woefully underfunded and underbuilt, yet, every locker room had a separate shower for the coaches. Couldn't Penn State afford them????

Imagining the trauma this little 'granddaughter' experienced being taken into the men's shower at the YMCA makes me ill. As a former Pennsylvanian it sickens me.

When I was about 6-7, possibly older, my mother would take me into the ladies bathroom. The idea was so she could watch me and protect me.

I'm not seeing this as being too strange.

I doubt if the coach bear hugged her.

Just want to thank everyone for their input, play-by-play of coverage and comments today. I am able to access it on TV/internet but in my case the coverage upsets people in my household (no young ones, BTW) who are not interested in the trial and I prefer to respect that. So you all have done a great job and I appreciate the effort you've put into it.

Amendola's using witnesses that say this showering is used to bolster his case....I hope and pray that this isn't the normal at Penn State or any place....hopefully the prosecution will parade witnesses across the stand in rebuttal.

Amendola is as sick as Sandusky and his buddy.

When I was about 6-7, possibly older, my mother would take me into the ladies bathroom. The idea was so she could watch me and protect me.

You didn't get naked and shower did you?

But would she have ever taken a shower with you in the ladies locker room??? At least the batroom afforded privacy!

I attended and worked in public schools all my life. FWIW, those buildings are woefully underfunded and underbuilt, yet, every locker room had a separate shower for the coaches. Couldn't Penn State afford them????
PSU does have a seperate lockerroom for the coaches, so it appears they brought the kids in there? I guess this is common practice in PSU? Are they gonna say Paterno did it too?

I have never heard of coaches showering with kids or showering in the same room as the athletes. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard