Penn State's athletic director plus ex-Paterno assistant charged in child sex case

Discussion in 'Jerry Sandusky General Discussion threads' started by wfgodot, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

2. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

ITA...the attention should be on the person who allegedly committed the crime...not on the football team. There's presently a student body who is deserving of the education that has been promised them. I'm all for nonviolent protest...heck, glad to see a generation speaking their mind...whether I agree with them or not. This is about one sick man (if the charges are found to be true)...and no one likes to think that anyone on a university campus would condone this abhorrant behavior. It wouldn't have surprised me that JP handed this over to the athletic director to "take care of" to get back to doing what he was entrusted to do...coach the football team. Does it make it right...no, and actually I recently learned it violated the law. Did he know that, I would tend to believe he didn't. IMPO, he and his team existed apart from the rest of the University. Was it tunnel vision? No doubt. But, JP DID NOT molest these boys...and IMVHO...that's where the focus should be...on the victims.
    JMO

3. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Penn State making progress, but two personnel moves still remain
    the rest at Sports Illustrated link above

4. luvbeaches

luvbeaches New Member

I just now heard about the riots. Seriously? These college students think their football is more important? What about the kids that were raped? I know not all students participated, but it boggles my mind that any of them participated. The guy they so admire is as bad as Sandusky. The students are mad at the media?!? How about be mad at the guy that raped the children and everyone that failed to report this to authorities.

This whole thing is disgusting. Anyone and everyone that knew about Sandusky yet did nothing should be in jail. Probably won't happen because they are bound by law to report these rapes, but these people are morally bankrupt. Fire them all. I can't imagine seeing a child being raped and not getting the kid out of harms way and calling the police. I just don't get it. How do they sleep at night?!?

5. 1&2&3

1&2&3 Well-Known Member

"Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...rid7|main5|dl1|sec3_lnk2|111562#ixzz1dKxHkUVo

Board of Trustees “should not spend a single minute discussing my status.” In other words, I’ll tell you when I’m leaving; you can’t fire me."

Reading this remark from Joe P is beyond belief! It shows that he thinks he rules Penn State and tells them how things will be! Sickening, Joe P got too big for his own britches!

Question - Why will all the people involved who had knowledge and covered it up not be charged as accompolices? How can Joe P be allowed to walk free when he knew what was going on? Even though he went thru channels to report it in the beginning, those people did nothing with the information and Joe P just sat on it. This kind of passing the buck is wrong! And then when Sandusky was allowed to retire to sweep it under the rug, further involvement. The whole gang need to be charged and sit their retirement days in jail! MOO

Knowingly to allow a pedophile to remain on staff, points guilt at all those involved. IMO

6. Dr.Fessel

Dr.Fessel New Member

Gov is on HLN right now live talking about it.

7. madge

madge New Member

never seen this Governor before but he seems to not be able to understand any of the questions! He's quite smug IMHO.

8. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Former Penn St. Assistant Coach, accused of assaulting children, could face charges in San Antonio
    more at kzep.com link above

9. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

After listening to the Gov stutter, I wonder exactly how far this mess is going to go.

10. MagnoliaMom

MagnoliaMom Verified mental health therapist

I have no doubt this man is living with demons. And he should be. He left a child in the hands of a rapist. How did he know at the time that Sandusky would not kill the child afterward? Since they didn't ever try to identify the child much less call the authorities, he really doesn't know that even now.

What has gone on in those locker rooms that his first response would be to talk to dad, wait until the next day and tell his superior? Makes me think there are a lot of secrets that have been covered up in those locker rooms over the years and this particular one just got to him enough to tell dad and ask for clarification if this falls under their secret keeping.

I don't know what to think of his dad either for that matter. Does he take pride in the fact that his son continued his career at PSU because he covered a crime? I would rather my child work at Wally World.

11. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

The students know nothing of Sandusky...he was not part of their world. This is not of their making. College and its athletics are part of campus life. They want things to be status quo. I can't fault them for being upset...they just need to find more productive ways to express themselves. They supposedly have canceled "Occupy Penn State" and have organized a recognition of child abuse victims at Saturday's game.

12. angelmom

angelmom The love stays...forever in our hearts

BBM...I would have to call my dad too - for bail money b/c I had just beat the living crap out of Sandusky!

I agree that the dad carries a share of this burden. When I think of him telling his son to run away, and leave someone else's son to be brutalized...it makes me :sick:

13. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

Interesting...he was the one who started the investigation in 2009 (former State attorney?).

14. Blue_Dolphin308

Blue_Dolphin308 We can't help everyone, But everyone can help some

Now not only do we have 1 investigation. We potentially have THREE investigations going on.

The Penn State investigation
    The Second Mile Investigation
    And now The Foster care system in Pennsylvania, how many foster children did he molest?? How many kids that he adopted did he molest??

15. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

A Curated Selection Of Jerry Sandusky’s Writings From The Annual Reports Of His Youth Charity (Deadspin)
    more at link above

16. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

These incidents happened a long time ago. Where have the parents been? In a case involving a coach of a University, you would think their story would be worth something to the media. Nothing, including a prosecutor, would have kept me from shouting on a mountain...THIS MAN abused my child!!!

17. madge

madge New Member

Hard to say how many actual victims of this despicable child molestor. This is just so shocking and the fact that other people knew about it and never said a peep, they should ALL be held accountable! The Second Mile foundation was used as a way to get his hands on little boys. Disgusting.

18. angelmom

angelmom The love stays...forever in our hearts

Sadly, a lot of these kids may not have had parents or teachers that they felt they could talk to, especially about the beloved PSU coaches. A lot of these kids may not have had a parent at all. That's the bonus these pervs get by preying on at risk children or kids in the foster care system.

:sick:

19. Concerned Papa

Concerned Papa New Member

This mess is even driving up the Vegas betting line for the game on Saturday against Nebraska. The line first came out on Monday with Nebraska as a 2 1/2 point favorite. The line has climbed to 4, at present, and could go higher by game time.

All I can say is GO CORNHUSKERS! I'm not in the frame of mind to hear any "Win one for Ole Joe" bs out of Penn State.

20. peace9274

peace9274 Well-Known Member

This is from Sandusky's message in The Second Mile Annual Report 2006:
    (It makes me sick to read it... it makes me more sick knowing he actually wrote it! )

"When children who have been disappointed by adults many times in the past come to count on us,
    we feel a responsibility to keep our promises.

But we can maintain our commitment to children, and reach out to others still in need, only if we have
    the funds to provide programming and the facilities in which to do so.

In that regard, I believe we've reached a critical juncture for Pennsylvania's kids and for The Second Mile."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.