Penn State's athletic director plus ex-Paterno assistant charged in child sex case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you assuming he started these actions after he was FORCED to retire in 1999? That's the only way I see how the timing of that one victim's assault has anything to do with the fact that Paterno and Sandusky had worked together for 30 years prior to his retirement. There was an allegation in 1998 that led to his retirement. Of course there are no reports that Paterno was a witness or involved in that case other than the fact he was Sandusky's boss and I assume he was his friend, but there's no way in this world he wouldn't have been aware of the allegations that were made and the reason for Sandusky's retirement. Also, we are talking about the victims that have been reported, which have all been fairly recent in time, but I am positive this pedophile was molesting boys for MANY years prior to the oldest reported incident. Since he and Paterno worked side-by-side, day-in-day out for 30 years prior to his retirement, I am making a personal determination that Paterno had to have known at the very least Sandusky was "off" in some way and had some questionable behaviors. I'm not talking about something I can go prove in a court of law to a jury, but something I feel in my gut as a human being.

Sandusky has always been a pedophile according to psych theories about pedophiles. Always. Whether Paterno knew this, none of us know. Most pedophiles are intelligent and adapt at hiding their sexual attraction. Paterno told Sandusky that he was not retiring in 1999 and that summer, Sandusky announced that he knew was retiring.

Once he retired he had plenty of time to go after little boys. Working 14 hour days for a winning football team likely prevented much of his accessability to his prey.

It is possible that Joe Pa was intentionally NOT told the details of the molestation/rape to keep him "safer" from legal action. Board of Directors will do this at times to keep their CEO safe should the CEO ever be required to testify in a legal matter. ????

I wish Sandusky was still in jail. I don't want him to kill himself before he has to meet his justice.
I still can't believe how low his bond is and that he's out free to roam:waitasec:.

If this janitor's boss dude is still around, he needs to go also.

Fall 2000 – A janitor named James Calhoun observes Sandusky in the showers of the Lasch Football Building with a young boy, known as Victim 8, pinned up against the wall, performing oral sex on the boy. He tells other janitorial staff immediately. Fellow Office of Physical Plant employee Ronald Petrosky cleans the showers at Lasch and sees Sandusky and the boy, who he describes as being between the ages of 11 and 13.

Calhoun tells other physical plant employees what he saw, including Jay Witherite, his immediate supervisor. Witherite tells him to whom he should report the incident. Calhoun was a temporary employee and never makes a report. Victim 8's identity is unknown.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...jerry-sandusky_n_1084204.html?ref=mostpopular

It is very baffling that Ray Gricar, known to be tough on crime, never charged Sandusky.

(snip)
Detective Ronald Schreffler testifies that he and State College Police Department Detective Ralph Ralston, with the consent of the mother of Victim 6, eavesdrop on two conversations the mother of Victim 6 has with Sandusky. Sandusky says he has showered with other boys and Victim 6's mother tries to make Sandusky promise never to shower with a boy again but he will not. At the end of the second conversation, after Sandusky is told he cannot see Victim 6 anymore, Schreffler testifies Sandusky says, "I understand. I was wrong. I wish I could get forgiveness. I know I won't get it from you. I wish I were dead."
Jerry Lauro, an investigator with the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare, testifies he and Schreffler interviewed Sandusky, and that Sandusky admits showering naked with Victim 6, admits to hugging Victim 6 while in the shower and admits that it was wrong.
The case is closed after then-Centre County District Attorney Ray Gricar decides there will be no criminal charge.

Barry Switzer says Joe Paterno had to go (Daily Oklahoman)
---
“Having been in this profession a long time and knowing how close coaching staffs are, I knew that this was a secret that was kept secret,” Switzer said. “Everyone on that staff had to have known, the ones that had been around a long time.”
---
“You think that a 13-year assistant … hasn't told someone else?” Switzer said. “His wife? His father? People knew. The community knew.”
---
more of an interesting article at link above

Sandusky has always been a pedophile according to psych theories about pedophiles. Always. Whether Paterno knew this, none of us know. Most pedophiles are intelligent and adapt at hiding their sexual attraction. Paterno told Sandusky that he was not retiring in 1999 and that summer, Sandusky announced that he knew was retiring.

Once he retired he had plenty of time to go after little boys. Working 14 hour days for a winning football team likely prevented much of his accessability to his prey.

BBM

Fair enough, and I'm not saying it didn't happen that way, but a number of people (myself included) think it's a helluva coincidence that Sandusky retires from coaching anywhere (I mean, so, OK, he found out he wasn't going to get his dream head coaching job at PSU, but to retire from coaching altogether?) the year after he came within a hair's-breadth of being charged with child sexual abuse. And that Paterno knew nothing about any of this, just accepted it on its face that 'my long-time friend and top assistant is getting out of football because he found out I'm not retiring/he's not my successor'. Not impossible, but it stretches my credulity, anyway.

WS's Gricar case investigation has a new thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154352"]PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #7[/ame]

BBM

Fair enough, and I'm not saying it didn't happen that way, but a number of people (myself included) think it's a helluva coincidence that Sandusky retires from coaching anywhere (I mean, so, OK, he found out he wasn't going to get his dream head coaching job at PSU, but to retire from coaching altogether?) the year after he came within a hair's-breadth of being charged with child sexual abuse. And that Paterno knew nothing about any of this, just accepted it on its face that 'my long-time friend and top assistant is getting out of football because he found out I'm not retiring/he's not my successor'. Not impossible, but it stretches my credulity, anyway.

I totally agree with your thoughts concerning the subject... Thank you

SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS
If I told you Pennsylvania authorities released Sandusky w/ out asking him to put up one thin dime in bail, would you believe me?
9 minutes ago

Sandusky's bail for 40 counts of child rape was already a laughably low $100,000. Of which he paid authorities in State College exactly zero
4 minutes ago

Understandable though, it's not like Sandusky's house is literally 1,000 feet from an elementary school ... WAIT http://bit.ly/uBM4jC
1 minute ago

http://twitter.com/#!/SPORTSbyBROOKS

DA who didn't charge Sandusky missing since 2005
Searchers found car, laptop (without hard drive) but never his body

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45244328/ns/local_news-philadelphia_pa/

WS's Gricar case investigation has a new thread:

PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #7

Yeah, that...^^^^

I remember Gricar's case but had no idea that it was related to Sandusky until someone posted about it recently. (I personally think he's alive but I've posted it over there...)

Penn State is my university. This is such a sad mess.

Oh btw, our esteemed governor was the AG at the time of the incidents. Awwwkward!

I think this is fitting:

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Report: Paterno sought criminal defense lawyer

....Paterno, along with the school, could still face trouble legally. "All of the officials involved in the scandal, including Paterno, could be sued in a civil case by the alleged victims and their families,
" said CBS News legal analyst Andrew Cohen, "and if that happens, and the case doesn't settle quickly, we'll likely see a lot of finger-pointing between and among the defendants."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...al-defense-lawyer/?tag=cbsContent;cbsCarousel

I hope they all go down. Every last one. These people should be held accountable for what was done by Sandusky, since they did not put a stop to it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong