Penn State's athletic director plus ex-Paterno assistant charged in child sex case

Discussion in 'Jerry Sandusky General Discussion threads' started by wfgodot, Nov 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danaya

Danaya Well-Known Member

So well said!!

2. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

Red by me.

Can you imagine having to deal with your father in a time like this. I feel horrible for him. I bet his dad never attacked him and he never knew about it.

3. Dr.Fessel

Dr.Fessel New Member

1977 – Jerry Sandusky founds The Second Mile. It begins as a group foster home dedicated to helping troubled boys and grows into a charity dedicated to helping children with absent or dysfunctional families.

4. luvbeaches

luvbeaches New Member

I understand this is not their making, and I understand athletics are a part of campus life. I have kids that are of that age and they are sickened by this. All these students (that were shown on TV) care about is the game. Period. These kids grew up with programs that taught them "good touching and bad touching" so they know what this is about. I fault them for their behavior. Just look the other way and pretend nothing happened. Status quo. On with the game. Right.

5. luvbeaches

luvbeaches New Member

This man is so disgusting. And those that knew and did nothing should face charges.

6. luvbeaches

luvbeaches New Member

Very well said, Filly. Nice seeing you again. Hope all is well.

7. azwriter

azwriter Sister Mary Wanna

I keep thinking there should be something good to come out from under the slime of this horrible news about Sandusky and the officials at Penn State.

Maybe it's the realization that we all are to be in charge of stopping these people who prey on children sexually, physically and mentally.

I'd like to tell of an incident that happened a few years ago at a large shopping mall, in my town. A mall partically popular with children 10 and up.

Outside a few gaming places and near the food court, there was an assembly of machines, the old gum ball type, where each machine offered a different color or flavor of gum. The machines were stacked into rows on top of another. They were very popular with the children since there wasn't much money involved to use them.

As my husband and I stood there trying to decide if we should get something from the food court, I noticed a guy in his early 30s climb up and sit straddled on one of the gum machines.

As he sat there, children had to reach between his legs to use a machine. I didn't like the looks of what I was seeing. I decided I was going over and pull him down. My husband suggested I look for a mall cop and tell him my objection.

Almost instantly, I spotted a mall cop. When I told him what was going on with the guy sitting there and how I thought it was inapproprate, he looked at me as if I were crazy. He even said "Lady, I think you're jumping to conclusions."

I had to physically push the mall cop over to get the man off the machines. It helped to tell the mall cop either he did it, or I was going over and yank that scum down.

In a few moments the mall cop took the guy away from the area.

I didn't even stop to think of whether I would be in trouble if I confronted this man. I really knew my husband would have stepped in to help anyway. And in the long run, it would not have mattered to me if this bum sitting on the machines tried to say I was wrong or took legal action against me. Hey folks, I'd rather error on the side of safety.

Anyway, I have not told this story to brag about myself. This wasn't about me. It was about the children and what I preceived as a problem for them. He should not have been sitting upon the machines, spreading his legs.

Hopefully the exposure this Penn State crime will receive and the task each of us will have to face, as we discuss why no one did anything to stop this, will make us all see we each have a duty to step forward when we see something we believe is wrong or threatening. If only it can work out that way.

just my O

8. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

So Sandusky's abusive activities may have been going on since 1977. It doesn't seem likely that his criminal sexual practices just began in 1998.

I do hope LE and the state Atty General's office fully investigates Sandusky's involvement with The Second Mile, from day one.

JMO

9. Dr.Fessel

Dr.Fessel New Member

No doubt in my mind there are people who worked for that Pedophile Playpen that knew what was going on and there are more people at Penn State that knew what was going on and I pray these new victims will come out and name them.

10. J. J. in Phila

J. J. in Phila Verified Insider

The earliest one, so far, was 1996.

11. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

But how about for the students? If my kid was at school there, I'd like for them to have something to look forward to on Saturday. Should they be punished too?

12. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

I agree, but I'm talking about the mother who did come forward.
    Unfortunately, predators will always prey. It happens in even the best communities unfortunately.

13. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

...and we know this how? I'm not saying he didn't, but has this been reported somewhere? I haven't read the gj indictment...can you steer me that way? TIA

14. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

White outs are generally the rule...wearing blue would have been "different". I think the kids should decide what they want to wear...heck they usually do anyway.

15. RR0004

RR0004 New Member

Not to worry...I'm sure they'll have fun...and hopefully keep the taunting civil.
    Hey, that's a long way to go for a football game. Not an easy trip either.

16. Concerned Papa

Concerned Papa New Member

Huh? I have nothing against the students. I'd like for them to have something to look forward to on Saturday myself.

A defeat of more than 4 points by the Nebraska Cornhuskers. :rocker:

17. Concerned Papa

Concerned Papa New Member

18. FLmom777

FLmom777 Well-Known Member

I don't have pepper spray, but I am menopausal and hormonal rage beats pepper spray every time.

19. believe09

believe09 Well-Known Member

Are sexual offenders and sexually violent predators allowed to live near a school, park, daycare center, etc?

A: Pennsylvania’s Megan’s Law does not restrict where a sexual offender or sexually violent predator may reside. However, an offender may be restricted from residing near a school, park, daycare center, etc. under one of the following circumstances:
    • The sexual offender or sexually violent predator is under the supervision of a federal, state, or county department of probation or parole and there are specific restrictions designating where the sexual offender or sexually violent predators may reside.
    • The sexual offender or sexually violent predator resides in one of several municipalities in Pennsylvania that have enacted an ordinance which restricts where a sexual offender or sexually violent predator may reside. Members of the public may contact the municipality in question to inquire as to the existence of such an ordinance.
    • The sexual offender or sexually violent predator is under specific court ordered restrictions designating where the sexual offender or sexually violent predators may reside or who the offender may have contact with.

20. Steely Dan

Steely Dan Former Member

I think he's trying to say that the kids he attacked came from broken homes and had very little guidance in their lives. They are the most vulnerable victims.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.