Person of Interest Identified in Dylan Redwine case * MARK REDWINE ARRESTED**

Discussion in 'Dylan Redwine' started by bessie, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bessie

bessie Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

MARK REDWINE ARRESTED AND CHARGED WITH THE MURDER OF HIS SON DYLAN!

CLICK HERE TO READ THE LATEST

Investigators: Person of interest identified in Dylan Redwine case

Posted 5:34 pm, July 1, 2015, by Kevin Torres,
    Updated at 05:49pm, July 1, 2015

LA PLATA COUNTY, Colo. — Investigators said Wednesday they have identified a person of interest in the murder investigation of Dylan Redwine.

[...]
    At this point, investigators have not named the person of interest in the case.

The La Plata County Sherriff’s Office told FOX31 Denver they identified the person of interest during their investigation in the last couple of weeks.[HR][/HR]Person of interest identified in Dylan Redwine case on Wednesday
    By Elizabeth Hernandez
    The Denver Post
    Posted: 07/01/2015 05:28:30 PM MDT

[...]
    Sheriff's office spokesman Dan Bender said Wednesday that they are not naming the person, but that authorities are hopeful that the investigation of the teenager's 2012 disappearance and death is moving forward.

[...]
    In addition to a person of interest, Bender said two searches conducted in June turned up "items of interest," as well.
    "Because of information gathered from those searches and other contacts, we're planning on doing more searches in the area," Bender said.

[HR][/HR]Redwine case has ‘person of interest’
    Former FBI criminal profiler helps to advance cold case

By Amy Maestas Herald staff writer
    Article Last Updated: Wednesday, July 01, 2015 10:45pm

La Plata County Sheriff’s Office investigators said Wednesday they have identified a “person of interest” in the Dylan Redwine case after a former FBI criminal profiler was hired to help create behavior analyses.

“It’s a fair statement that we are very encouraged that we have crossed the bridge from the unknown to the known,” said Pete Klismet, who retired from the FBI in 1999 after decades with the agency.

2. katydid23

katydid23 Well-Known Member

Thank Goodness!!!!!!

3. LaborDayRN

LaborDayRN Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness! I'm so happy to read this! This young guy is on my mind often. I hope and pray that an arrest comes from this!

4. FruitTingles

FruitTingles Dylan Redwine, Never Forgotten.

Finally!!!! You've never left my mind Dyl! Justice is coming!

5. Dee10

Dee10 Well-Known Member

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/07/01/report-person-of-interest-identified-in-dylan-redwine-case/

6. PeggyAnnMcKay

PeggyAnnMcKay Why yes, yes I am a Shel Silverstein fan.

This is such wonderful news - very promising!!

7. margarita25

margarita25 “Science, solutions and solidarity“ - Dr. Tedros

"The La Plata County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday that former FBI profiler Peter Klismet helped investigators create a behavior analysis that led to a person of interest, whom authorities have declined to name.

Klismet was brought on six months ago to review evidence with a fresh perspective. He declined to give any details about the person of interest or the profile that he helped develop. He stopped short of calling this person a suspect.

"There's a distinction between a person of interest and a suspect, and we are at the person of interest stage right now," Klismet said. "I have done a lot of these. I have not been wrong on any of these over the past number of years, and I'm not wrong about this one."

http://www.9news.com/story/news/local/2015/07/01/person-of-interest-in-redwine-case/29591515/

8. margarita25

9. GGE

GGE GGE=GonnaGetEm

I followed this case from the beginning for some time but stopped at some point several months in.

Today I came across an article by accident that said POI identified and I got so excited! I admit one of my first thoughts was "oh boy someone we can sleuth!" but then instantly had my excitement abated by the following sentence that says POI's name isn't being released right now.

I wonder though, for the sake of being prepared when one IS announced, does anyone know if arrest records and things like that are available free/easy online for that jurisdiction? Just curious. TIA!

10. rob

rob Active Member

11. La Louve

La Louve For Whitney and Teghan

"The person of interest’s name hasn’t been released and nobody is currently in custody. KKTV in Colorado Springs reported that Klismet told them the person of interest has been contacted and is aware of being a person of interest. He wouldn’t confirm if it’s a man or woman. He told KKTV he’s investigated a number of similar cases and has never been wrong, and he’s not wrong in this case."

BBM informative, yet vague. perfectly worded. I hope the killer is quaking in his boots about now.

Justice is coming, Dylan! Prayers for Dylan's family and friends.

12. FruitTingles

FruitTingles Dylan Redwine, Never Forgotten.

http://www.9news.com/story/news/loca...case/29591515/

I LOVE his confidence / enthusiasm / positivity! Exactly what Dylan's case needs.

13. rob

rob Active Member

Was it possible to watch MR on Dr Phil and not think he did it? I was interested to see it, and he acts like a major azzhole who really thinks he is going to get away with this. If I knew I was guilty of a crime, first order of business, keep my mouth shut. No interviews, no tv, no polygraphs. But I really think the kind of person who could do this, is the same kind that thinks he is smarter than everyone else and can talk his way out of it.
    All MOO, but I really hope they nail him.

I should add, if I am wrong, I owe MR a big apology.

14. cocomod

cocomod Well-Known Member

I really, honestly, prayerfully hope that this will not turn out to be just a smoke screen! I am crossing my fingers, toes, and eyelashes! I have had my hopes brought up in a couple of other cases with "news" like this. I just WANT to believe that they are going to nab him and put him behind bars where he belongs!

:rose: Justice for Dylan :rose:

15. margarita25

Qmfr:

Interesting coincidence imo, timing-wise...

(eta, O/T, I'm reminded of Kelsie Schelling's case, and the suit filed against the Pueblo PD...did this LE also fear a suit? Just a thought...)

16. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

so which is it? do they "probably know" or have they "been contacted & are aware"???

17. Dee10

Dee10 Well-Known Member

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...me-scene-to-help-determine-person-of-interest

18. ~n/t~

~n/t~ New Member

19. La Louve

I believe MR has known he is a person of interest for a long time. And it's my opinion that the former FBI agent Klismet was being deliberately non-specific as to the details of when and by whom the POI was contacted and informed.

The two quotes from Bender and Klismet just read to me like two different ways to be cagey about an answer to the media's question.

20. La Louve

items being turned up by snowmelt runoff? small earthquakes? animal or other human disturbance? trees falling? IMO any number of ways evidence could turn up later, when a body is left out in the woods like that.

IIRC the spot where Dylan's remains were found wasn't too far from a turnout on the forest road. It's possible vehicles could've disturbed the landscape too.

I just pray he didn't suffer for long.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.