Person of Interest Identified in Dylan Redwine case * MARK REDWINE ARRESTED**

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't like is that it looks exactly like a ploy and no lawyer is going to let his client talk to them with this. It is different if they name him and then have something to back that up.. But to me this looks like bad bait.
I think this LE department has acted brilliantly. Slowly, but brilliantly. IMO they have a reason for waiting not the least of which being who they are dealing with in this case. I just do not think they are trying to lure MR in. In fact, I don't think they need him any more. That is just my opinion based on my own interpretation when reading "between the lines."

I think this LE department has acted brilliantly. Slowly, but brilliantly. IMO they have a reason for waiting not the least of which being who they are dealing with in this case. I just do not think they are trying to lure MR in. In fact, I don't think they need him any more. That is just my opinion based on my own interpretation when reading "between the lines."

Love your moniker... :)

I think that they don't have as much as they would like and are trying to stir the pot hoping he will say something else stupid.

I have lots of thoughts about this case. I just am not sure what happened to Dylan. I hope they come up with what actually happened to him. That poor boy.

I have to admit. I am guilty of wishful thinking (often.). I am hoping they have discovered evidence that will allow the cause of death to be changed to homicide. A long time ago, Bender said they were looking for one piece of the puzzle before they moved on an arrest. (Not exact words, just my memory of what he said.). I am hoping the new evidence has put the power in the hands of LE. It seems like MR thinks he is in a satisfying game. I hope the new evidence has changed the game.
P.S. Thanks for the moniker comment. One thing you and I are in complete agreement on is coffee! :)

I would love to know what about that small number of bones makes them think it was homicide instead of Dylan running off and falling off a cliff in the dark, or something. I believe them that the evidence is there, but unless there's like a knife wound on the shoulder blade, it's hard to imagine how they could determine it was homicide. Not that it would really make any difference, but...inquiring minds want to know.

I would love to know what about that small number of bones makes them think it was homicide instead of Dylan running off and falling off a cliff in the dark, or something. I believe them that the evidence is there, but unless there's like a knife wound on the shoulder blade, it's hard to imagine how they could determine it was homicide. Not that it would really make any difference, but...inquiring minds want to know.

I agree and asked this questio earlier. The fact he was located in an area he could not have likely gone himself was an answer I was given. I do not undersand it but I have to believe LEO have more evidence. I am don't care who the perpetrator is I just hope Dylan gets the justice he is deserved.

The father of a 13-year-old boy found dead in southwestern Colorado says he might be the person of interest who investigators last week said they have identified.

Mark Redwine told The Denver Post that he's been in contact with investigators but says they aren't interested in talking to him about his son, Dylan Redwine. However, authorities say he's not being completely forthcoming.

Pete Klismet, a former FBI profiler hired to help investigate the case, says Mark Redwine wants to speak on his terms and on the phone. He says he's ready to talk to Redwine but only face-to-face.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/dylan-redwines-dad-says-he-may-be-person-of-interest/

http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/police-looking-for-dylan-redwine-testing-items/20741554

Mark said

I could find anything other than Mark using the term "2%" of his remains found.

You know I think you're right. I remember at the time discussing who said the 2 % and LE never said anything about % . We've all been working under the assumption only very little was found but that could be A ) what LE told Mark or B ) what Mark chooses to believe or C) what Mark wants the public to believe. Ie: not enough was found to figure out too much, right? Hmm, good stuff. Thanks for your post.

Ok speaking of the 2% , someone tell me if this is legal for LE to do. I know sometimes , in some circumstances , they are able to lie or omit truth. So ( and I hate to speak about Dylan in this way :( ) let's say there is a part of the body that showed trauma , like the skull for example. LE finds that and tells MR they found 2 femurs and shoulder only. This gives MR the feeling they have no 'proof' of what happened so he continues to enjoy his game. Is that a possibility ? TIA

ETA It's just now dawning on me the significance of MR being the only one who said how much of the remains were found. I had forgotten but I clearly now remember us discussing it and wondering if he was full of crap at the time. In the mean time , I ( and maybe most of you ) had begun to just accept the 2% as the reality when it could be just some more of his nonstop chatter. And by the way 2 femurs and 1 shoulder is probably a lot more than 2 % . It may be 2 % by the number of bones in a body but not the % of the actual size of the body. Meaning you could fit all the fingers and toes and ribs inside of one femur , for example. :(

Ok speaking of the 2% , someone tell me if this is legal for LE to do. I know sometimes , in some circumstances , they are able to lie or omit truth. So ( and I hate to speak about Dylan in this way :( ) let's say there is a part of the body that showed trauma , like the skull for example. LE finds that and tells MR they found 2 femurs and shoulder only. This gives MR the feeling they have no 'proof' of what happened so he continues to enjoy his game. Is that a possibility ? TIA

ETA It's just now dawning on me the significance of MR being the only one who said how much of the remains were found. I had forgotten but I clearly now remember us discussing it and wondering if he was full of crap at the time. In the mean time , I ( and maybe most of you ) had begun to just accept the 2% as the reality when it could be just some more of his nonstop chatter. And by the way 2 femurs and 1 shoulder is probably a lot more than 2 % . It may be 2 % by the number of bones in a body but not the % of the actual size of the body. Meaning you could fit all the fingers and toes and ribs inside of one femur , for example. :(

Very good question...:thumb:

That makes sense to me as like I've said a couple days ago, this POI without a name announcement is IMO LE "playing " their game. I like the was LE works in America with these "games ".just MOO and all that

sent from my mobile using tapatalk

I always assumed that was just his approximation in terms of number of bones, and that it didn't mean anything specific.

But in answer to your question, I think that under the circumstances they would not be required to release that information unless somebody filed a FOI request, and even then they could redact the report.

I agree and asked this questio earlier. The fact he was located in an area he could not have likely gone himself was an answer I was given. I do not undersand it but I have to believe LEO have more evidence. I am don't care who the perpetrator is I just hope Dylan gets the justice he is deserved.

Going from memory, but will try to find msn. I believe that LE decided to treat this as a homicide case early on. If memory serves, the coroner was unable to identify the cause of death and at this juncture, homicide is not listed as the cause of death on the death certificate. Which makes convicting the poi of murder harder to do. If evidence has been found that allows the cause of death to be changed to homicide, I would expect a quick arrest.

"On June 26, 2013, during a search on Middle Mountain, searchers found bones that were identified as Dylan’s. Investigators said the cause of death was homicide, but no additional details have been released."

http://www.durangoherald.com/articl...Dylan-Redwine-death-subject-of-cold-case-blog

I wonder how they can say homicide without cause of death. This is the problem they had with Caylee. Now with her, they had a body that was in trash bags so it was an easier leap, But still it was the downfall of the case that they could not say how she died definitively.

I hope that does not cause the same issues here.

I do believe that someone killed Dylan. I don't want anyone to get away with murdering a child.

FYI, Elaine Redwine, Dylan's mom, is coming on my iHeartradio show Thursday. 8 PM Eastern. at the top of the page.

Go to www.truecrimeradio.com and then a few minutes past 8 PM Eastern click on the "Listen Now" That takes you to iHeartRadio.com and my live show. More to come :)

It will be nice to hear a update from Elaine about the WDL and the POI

Tricia: Thank you once again for your interviews of Elaine and Mark. I hope you can ask Elaine about the "98 percent" and "gloves" texts she received from Mark, and the dates Mark sent them, so we can talk about them here. :please:

I do believe Dylan made it to the house. On that night. I also believe MR took him to Walmart to show on camera. Which it did. I cant remember if there ever was any confirmation of the McDonalds run? I think it was thru the drive thru? Not sure if there was any video on that?

There was no video. I believe that MR purposefully saved the receipt from the McDonald's visit to show to LE as a means of corroborating that Dylan did make it at least as far as to McDonalds's (after the Wal-Mart visit). I recall that MR's comment to LE was something to the effect of: "I couldn't have eaten the entire order myself." And I do believe you are right about the Drive-Thru order, as Dylan was anxious to eat in the car while they made their way back to the cabin. He was hopeful that MR would allow him to be dropped off at a friend's that very night. But, according to MR, he nixed that idea telling Dylan that it was rude to impose on someone and their family that late in the evening. (Well, MR, was it not beyond rude to . . . never mind.) As if the proof that Dylan was with him when he stopped at McDonald's would be important in establishing MR's credibility later when it was called into question. That, coupled with the receipt from Wal-Mart, was the beginning of his paper trail that he thought would serve as a basis to exonerate him in establishing precisely when Dylan disappeared and under whose nose. I mean, MR was out and about running his many errands when Dylan went missing. It couldn't have been his fault. He neither saw nor heard anything as he wasn't even home at the time!

MR did pointedly say that he had attempted to call Dylan on Dylan's cell phone, and also on his own land line at his cabin -- but mysteriously enough, there was no answer! So, he could not make concrete plans for Thanksgiving without Dylan's input as to where he wanted to spend Thanksgiving -- perhaps with MR's brother's family in/near Castle Rock, CO, or did Dylan wish to spend it at MR's cabin? It was all about Dylan, you know. (Please excuse me, I think I am going to be ill.) Somewhat of a flimsy alibi, but nonetheless one that he purported to offer in good faith. I can imagine him saying: "Oh, I saved the receipt not because I knew I would be needing it later, but because in my line of work, I am used to saving receipts for tax purposes." Blah, blah, blah, good sociopathological-speak 101 for establishing an alibi. (I don't have any links as I picked up a lot of this from podcasts and some of it sticks indelibly in my memory.) So, feel free to remove any and all that doesn't pass muster. I am thoroughly disgusted and will absent myself from this particular thread as a self-time-out.

There was no video. I believe that MR purposefully saved the receipt from the McDonald's visit to show to LE as a means of corroborating that Dylan did make it at least as far as to McDonalds's (after the Wal-Mart visit). I recall that MR's comment to LE was something to the effect of: "I couldn't have eaten the entire order myself." And I do believe you are right about the Drive-Thru order, as Dylan was anxious to eat in the car while they made their way back to the cabin. He was hopeful that MR would allow him to be dropped off at a friend's that very night. But, according to MR, he nixed that idea telling Dylan that it was rude to impose on someone and their family that late in the evening. (Well, MR, was it not beyond rude to . . . never mind.) As if the proof that Dylan was with him when he stopped at McDonald's would be important in establishing MR's credibility later when it was called into question. That, coupled with the receipt from Wal-Mart, was the beginning of his paper trail that he thought would serve as a basis to exonerate him in establishing precisely when Dylan disappeared and under whose nose. I mean, MR was out and about running his many errands when Dylan went missing. It couldn't have been his fault. He neither saw nor heard anything as he wasn't even home at the time!

MR did pointedly say that he had attempted to call Dylan on Dylan's cell phone, and also on his own land line at his cabin -- but mysteriously enough, there was no answer! So, he could not make concrete plans for Thanksgiving without Dylan's input as to where he wanted to spend Thanksgiving -- perhaps with MR's brother's family in/near Castle Rock, CO, or did Dylan wish to spend it at MR's cabin? It was all about Dylan, you know. (Please excuse me, I think I am going to be ill.) Somewhat of a flimsy alibi, but nonetheless one that he purported to offer in good faith. I can imagine him saying: "Oh, I saved the receipt not because I knew I would be needing it later, but because in my line of work, I am used to saving receipts for tax purposes." Blah, blah, blah, good sociopathological-speak 101 for establishing an alibi. (I don't have any links as I picked up a lot of this from podcasts and some of it sticks indelibly in my memory.) So, feel free to remove any and all that doesn't pass muster. I am thoroughly disgusted and will absent myself from this particular thread as a self-time-out.

BBM I have never heard this. I thought I read every word of this case back in the early days. That's a pretty curious thing to say.

I so hope that they will be able to arrest and successfully prosecute the father who I fully believe murdered his son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer