Person of Interest Identified in Dylan Redwine case * MARK REDWINE ARRESTED**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, agree, agree to all the last comments! (Have to admit the "You didn't bring a coat!". comment went right over my head back then. I passed it off as a petty criticism aimed at Elaine's parenting skills. But now it is much more clear. Just one more leak.). I first became suspicious of pre-meditated murder in the very first interview with MR, the one in the video store. He mentioned the previous visit with Dylan and said (not exact words.). "That time we got him safely home to his mom. That time we purchased a round trip ticket.". I thought it was an odd bit off information. Wondered if his mind could not filter things he was worried about causing suspicion aimed at him and just spit what he was thinking about out. As far as the question about help. I do not have any firm opinion on that. It is just that LE mentioned that no one witnessed Dylan leaving the house and I wondered if MR had help moving the remains.

How telling it was a pre-meditated "runaway" story when Mark yelled at Elaine on Dr Phil "And you didn't pack a coat!"

Thanks CattleKate, how true this is, I also believe this was a pre-planned murder and have paid attention and given a lot of thought to various statements and actions in a "premeditated line of reasoning".

Another statement was in regard to Mark and Dylan having a "sit down dinner" as opposed to McDonalds drive-thru. Some have attributed this to father wanting time to drill son with questions and to convince him that it would be better to live with dear old dad. IMO, it had more to do with the image it would later portray to investigators. Just like the baseball hall of fame trip, it was a conscious plan to showcase his parenting merit and display how close they were.

The comment that has nagged at me was about Dylan's visit being a day late because of plane troubles. It was thrown out there in the heart of a word salad, but I don't think it was just a coincidental random thought being expressed. If this was indeed a premeditated murder, the delay would have been a HUGE inconvenience and would have caused severe stress as the carefully laid out plan was thwarted. I haven't been able to put a finger on the specific hurdles this would have created and would love to know if anyone has thoughts on this. Would Dylan still have died the day he did or would it have been the day before? Would that extra day have been used to further showcase activities to demonstrate how "close" they were? Would he have stalled even longer to put out the word that Dylan was "missing"? How would Monday's errands figure into it? etc.

I am sickened to think that once Dylan arrived, he might have sensed this plan unfolding. And the shock and fear he must have felt shortly before his death, lord I have to shove it from my mind.

I do believe the extra day sent mark over the edge with stress. I do NOT think it would have changed things at all except that mark might have covered his tracks better. The Skelton boys come to mind....long disposed of before mom even knew they were "missing." I recall researching this way back when and when parents plan to murder on a custody visit, it is either immediately or at the very end. I think mark always planned to do so as immediately as he could.

I forgot Dylan was a day late. It's been a while and I had it in my mind he was hours late. I think Mark had this planned for the night Dylan died. He had all those appointments set up and he gave himself that extra day for things to come together and if there was some delay with the plane.

Yes Dylan was anxious to get away from Mark. Kids are pretty smart and Dylan was making his life with his Mother and didn't want to be there at all. His friends were to be his salvation.

Somebody up thread asked where Mark is these days? I think they said he is not at home. Does he still work? I think he used to be out of town for quite a while when he was working.

I was just thinking. Kids are more sophisticated these days. They should not have to 'visit' a parent they just plain don't like. Maybe the age of consent should be 10 for a kid.

If it's the mother keeping the child away from the father or vise versa the child and other parent will come together on their own when they reach 18. Kids are smart and they know who really cares and who doesn't.

The way Dylan wanted to not go and then leave as soon as he got there tells me a lot about their relationship.

Seems to me way too much shuffling back and forth of children.

Yeah, that sit down dinner was to convince Dylan to move back. And with the mechanical plane delay of 24 hours, boy, that must've made the haranguing time short. What will also be telling is if Mark's attorney appointment had something to do with appealing the move. Mark always has to be right. And "win."

I spent three nights around April perusing the prior threads and maps (thanks Ghostwheel and others) and transcripts (thanks TXJan!). And was just amazed at the intelligence and insight of the posters. What was posted over two years is an incredible time capsule of circumstantial evidence. It's really an eye-opener to review the threads. Thank you Websleuths!

The difference for me as far as what I thought two years ago as opposed to today has to do mostly with the premeditation aspect. Back then I knew it was possible but didn't see all the connections that I do now. If the sit down dinner was a time to convince Dylan to stay in Bayfield, wouldn't that mean that the murder wasn't planned? In other words why would he try to talk Dylan into living with him over dinner if he planned to kill him later that night? Unless the whole plan was contingent on what Dylan's answer was? That's what I mean about the beliefs I have now as compared to then...now I think by the time of that visit, Mark knew it was too late to try to change Dylan's mind. I think Mark knew that wasn't going to happen ever since Dylan spoke with the judge. IMO that's what made him angry enough to start plotting.

Yeah, that sit down dinner was to convince Dylan to move back. And with the mechanical plane delay of 24 hours, boy, that must've made the haranguing time short. What will also be telling is if Mark's attorney appointment had something to do with appealing the move. Mark always has to be right. And "win."

I spent three nights around April perusing the prior threads and maps (thanks Ghostwheel and others) and transcripts (thanks TXJan!). And was just amazed at the intelligence and insight of the posters. What was posted over two years is an incredible time capsule of circumstantial evidence. It's really an eye-opener to review the threads. Thank you Websleuths!

I should probably go back and reread. It's been a while annd it was hard to keep up wih you all.

IMO MR did not plan for Dylan to come live with him, planned to end his life. MR is a well known drinker who was never home when working. I cant see him wanting to take on his son financially given he had not yet paid any child support. Poor Dylan.

Elaine and Mark were on Tricia's radio show 3 times. To refresh, I went back and listened to them. In case anyone else is interested in doing so, here are the links

May 21st, 2013 show - Elaine http://www.truecrimeradio.com/radio-archives/elaine-redwine-radio-archive-may-2015/

June 3rd, 2013 show - Elaine and Mark http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/06/03/tricias-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern

June 10th, 2013 show - Mark http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/06/10/tricias-true-crime-radio-sunday-night-8-pm-eastern

:seeya: :daisy:

There is no way that MR was going to pay child support for any of his children. He never paid child support for his older children and even signed his rights away to his first wife so that her husband could adopt them in exchange for paying back child support. Who does that? A selfish sociopath.
I remember that prior to the forced visitation Dylan would not answer his dad's phone calls. I believed that, that was due to what Dylan and Cory saw on MR computer during the last visit. MR knew that he would never have Dylan's respect after that and that he had lost any chance to mend the situation. I think in Mark's mind the only way out for him was to get rid of Dylan.

There is no way that MR was going to pay child support for any of his children. He never paid child support for his older children and even signed his rights away to his first wife so that her husband could adopt them in exchange for paying back child support. Who does that? A selfish sociopath.
I remember that prior to the forced visitation Dylan would not answer his dad's phone calls. I believed that, that was due to what Dylan and Cory saw on MR computer during the last visit. MR knew that he would never have Dylan's respect after that and that he had lost any chance to mend the situation. I think in Mark's mind the only way out for him was to get rid of Dylan.

Mark played his little game of "winning" and actually did not sign the paper relinquishing his parental rights. This was after Betsy signed the forgiveness of about 40K in back cs. Thus, her new husband could not adopt the boys.

I recall Elaine, in one of the radio interviews, stated Dylan said Mark did not contact him between the Labor Day and TDay visits. I can't find the transcript now.

However, Mark told Tricia, June 2013: "Well, obviously I think that it was a stressful time for Dylan because, you know, in September we were in a court hearing. His mom had filed a motion for him to speak directly to the judge in judge’s chambers. You know that all took place. Um….for whatever reason from that point until the time that he got on the plane there was nnnnn…..little or no contact at all between the two of us, although I tried many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many times to....text message him or communicate with him and open up to him about, you know, making plans for the holiday, whatever the case may be. So, I don’t know what was going on with him at that time frame, and, you know, again, I could sense that there was some…some…something going on there, but again, I’m not looking to make a big deal out of any of it. You know the bottom line is he and I never, you know, exchange words with each other or ever in any way had any kind or argument or any of that."

And to Melissa Blasius, Feb 2013: "So anyway, we dropped Dylan off – and then, you know I didn’t see him again I don’t think until the date of the court hearing in September. I always try at least once a week to contact him. You know I’m not going to nag him to death. I’m not going to call him every 5 minutes till he returns my calls. I can text him I can leave a voice mail I leave it up to him to respond to me when he wants to. But, I don’t think that his environment was very conducive to that."

Mark blames Elaine's home environment for Dylan not communicating with him, because he always has to blame Elaine. I tend to believe Mark didn't contact Dylan much, if at all, while he was scheming....

Mark is such a victim. Waah. He doesn’t like “warrior.” What’s interesting about this exchange with Tricia in June, 2013, is how Mark asserts there is “truth” on “both sides.” This is just one more thing which convinces me Mark set Dylan up as a runaway, and thus it’s half Elaine’s fault.

MR:
I would… it’s…well, I would, and that’s why I…that’s why I went on the Dr. Phil show because I firmly believed that we were gonna’ dedicate time to keeping the focus on finding Dylan, and, as it turns out, none of that ever happened, so I…I’ll be honest with you, I’m a little bit shy…gun shy when it comes to who I go to and who I don’t go to. It’s something that I have to feel comfortable with because the message that I want people to understand is that regardless of all the things that have gone on over the last 6-7 months, nothing has brought Dylan home, and…and the fact that we still have a 14-year-old boy out there that’s missing, our focus needs to be strictly on…on what we can do to find him and bring him home, which is why in mediation meeting…or conflict resolution meeting that I had with Elaine, I specifically add…addressed that with Elaine, and basically what I said to her was that I was asking her to take the “War” out of being a “Warrior” as is implied and becoming an “Army of Soldiers” whose only interest was to seek the truth, to find justice, and most of all, find Dylan.

TG:
How would taking the…the Warrior name off of “Dylan’s Warriors,” I’m assuming that’s what you’re referring to, how would that … how would that help? I’m…I’m a little confused.

MR:
Because I think that being a warrior implies that you’re at war, and…and…and the no …uh…circum…circumstances, Elaine has made it quite clear that, in her mind, that’s exactly what this is…is a war! That’s not what Dylan needs. What Dylan needs is a people... of…Army…an Army of people who are only…whose only interest is seeking the truth, on both sides, not just one sided, justice so that we can hold the person or persons responsible accountable, and most of all, that we find Dylan and bring him home…and it doesn’t mean that you have to change your view or it has to change how you feel, it only means that we are uniting everybody who wants to be out there and be involved in any way that they possibly can, and, you know, keeping the attention on what is important to me and maybe I’m wrong. Maybe there’s something I’m missing here, but the only thing that I think is important is Dylan and what we can be doing to keep his name out there and…in the media by whatever means necessary, which isn’t happening at this point, and doing everything we can to search under every rock, look in every tree stump, turn over every log in…whether it be in Vallecito, the roads leading in and out of Vallecito, whether it be in the town of Bayfield, in LaPlata County, in the state of Colorado, or any state in the country, and…at this point, it’s not unthinkable that he could possibly even be out of the U.S. and he’s in a foreign country.

Frankly, I don't see what all the excitement is about with this "new" information. Way back when, Mark was named a POI, which enabled us to sleuth him. So that's nothing new. IMO, wash, rinse, repeat.

And what does it mean if Mark is named a POI again? Without an arrest and solid evidence, it means nothing.

I was hoping by now that there would be justice for Dylan. That whoever murdered that child would pay for this. I still want LE to do their job and get a solid conviction in the case, regardless of who it turns out did this to Dylan.

Granted, Mark has done some strange and bizarre things. But did he murder his son? I don't want just anyone to pay for this crime, I want the person who committed this crime to pay for it, whoever that may be. And if it's Mark Redwine, so be it. The sooner the better.

But damn it, let's get the show on the road, Dylan needs justice!

Mark is such a victim. Waah. He doesn’t like “warrior.” What’s interesting about this exchange with Tricia in June, 2013, is how Mark asserts there is “truth” on “both sides.” This is just one more thing which convinces me Mark set Dylan up as a runaway, and thus it’s half Elaine’s fault.

MR:
I would… it’s…well, I would, and that’s why I…that’s why I went on the Dr. Phil show because I firmly believed that we were gonna’ dedicate time to keeping the focus on finding Dylan, and, as it turns out, none of that ever happened, so I…I’ll be honest with you, I’m a little bit shy…gun shy when it comes to who I go to and who I don’t go to. It’s something that I have to feel comfortable with because the message that I want people to understand is that regardless of all the things that have gone on over the last 6-7 months, nothing has brought Dylan home, and…and the fact that we still have a 14-year-old boy out there that’s missing, our focus needs to be strictly on…on what we can do to find him and bring him home, which is why in mediation meeting…or conflict resolution meeting that I had with Elaine, I specifically add…addressed that with Elaine, and basically what I said to her was that I was asking her to take the “War” out of being a “Warrior” as is implied and becoming an “Army of Soldiers” whose only interest was to seek the truth, to find justice, and most of all, find Dylan.

TG:
How would taking the…the Warrior name off of “Dylan’s Warriors,” I’m assuming that’s what you’re referring to, how would that … how would that help? I’m…I’m a little confused.

MR:
Because I think that being a warrior implies that you’re at war, and…and…and the no …uh…circum…circumstances, Elaine has made it quite clear that, in her mind, that’s exactly what this is…is a war! That’s not what Dylan needs. What Dylan needs is a people... of…Army…an Army of people who are only…whose only interest is seeking the truth, on both sides, not just one sided, justice so that we can hold the person or persons responsible accountable, and most of all, that we find Dylan and bring him home…and it doesn’t mean that you have to change your view or it has to change how you feel, it only means that we are uniting everybody who wants to be out there and be involved in any way that they possibly can, and, you know, keeping the attention on what is important to me and maybe I’m wrong. Maybe there’s something I’m missing here, but the only thing that I think is important is Dylan and what we can be doing to keep his name out there and…in the media by whatever means necessary, which isn’t happening at this point, and doing everything we can to search under every rock, look in every tree stump, turn over every log in…whether it be in Vallecito, the roads leading in and out of Vallecito, whether it be in the town of Bayfield, in LaPlata County, in the state of Colorado, or any state in the country, and…at this point, it’s not unthinkable that he could possibly even be out of the U.S. and he’s in a foreign country.

You say war , I say army ...........

MR:

TG:

MR:

BBM It's good to remember that this interview was conducted before Dylan was found on Middle Mountain, in very steep terrain. Klismet pretty much implied that Dylan was found in a flat spot under an overturned tree or rock shelf of some sort.

Frankly, I don't see what all the excitement is about with this "new" information. Way back when, Mark was named a POI, which enabled us to sleuth him. So that's nothing new. IMO, wash, rinse, repeat.

And what does it mean if Mark is named a POI again? Without an arrest and solid evidence, it means nothing.

I was hoping by now that there would be justice for Dylan. That whoever murdered that child would pay for this. I still want LE to do their job and get a solid conviction in the case, regardless of who it turns out did this to Dylan.

Granted, Mark has done some strange and bizarre things. But did he murder his son? I don't want just anyone to pay for this crime, I want the person who committed this crime to pay for it, whoever that may be. And if it's Mark Redwine, so be it. The sooner the better.

BBM

I totally agree. The only thing I want to see is the guilty party to be made to pay. I'm hoping they'll soon arrest the guilty party (parties), with the evidence to prove guilt and get a quick conviction. It doesn't matter to me if it's Mark, a local RSO, or even the paper boy, as long as it's based on facts rather than weirdness and likability. MOO

A
BBM

I totally agree. The only thing I want to see is the guilty party to be made to pay. I'm hoping they'll soon arrest the guilty party (parties), with the evidence to prove guilt and get a quick conviction. It doesn't matter to me if it's Mark, a local RSO, or even the paper boy, as long as it's based on facts rather than weirdness and likability. MOO

Amen. I want the guilty party caught and made to pay. Regardless of who it is, but I want the RIGHT person to pay, the one who did this to Dylan.

Mark Redwine was a POI from day one and a suspect from day two. Everyone knows that. And for good reason.

If LE officially names him as a POI will that change things much? I don't think so. If they have good evidence that even remotely implicates Mark Redwine then they need to arrest him as soon as possible.

A jury will undoubtedly convict him. He's not a cute 20 something chick that a jury will feel sorry for. He's a despicable human being that will have no friends on a jury to save him. JMO.

BBM It's good to remember that this interview was conducted before Dylan was found on Middle Mountain, in very steep terrain. Klismet pretty much implied that Dylan was found in a flat spot under an overturned tree or rock shelf of some sort.

Kilsmet implied that Dylan was found under an overturned tree or rock shelf? Where did he imply this? What makes you think it was an implication and not stated as fact?

Kilsmet implied that Dylan was found under an overturned tree or rock shelf? Where did he imply this? What makes you think it was an implication and not stated as fact?

"He [Klismet] also said that while the area is very steep, in the spot where Dylan's remains were found, it's flatter. It's an area that serves as a foot path and ATV path and some more items connected to the investigation were found there just last month."

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...me-scene-to-help-determine-person-of-interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong