GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #24

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Salem, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fran

fran Former Member

Oh, good! We get to see him do the perp walk! :behindbar

fran

2. georger

georger New Member

Yes caught a blip of this on CNN tonight but was not going to wait ten hours for them to work back to it - so am here to catch up. Hope charges
    have been filed, is true, and this is finally formal on him ...

3. FLNY

FLNY New Member

Well, looks like the fun...probably more like a circus knowing JVDS tactics....is FINALLY scheduled to begin today.

"Six years after Natalee Holloway went missing in Aruba, the prime suspect in her disappearance will be in a Lima, Peru court Monday -- this time for the murder of Stephany Flores.

Joran van der Sloot was officially charged on September 1 with killing the 21-year-old Peruvian student, and Monday he'll be before a judge for the preliminary hearing in the case."

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...court-start-stephany-flores-murder-trial-peru

Same being reported by Fox News:

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/0...o-appear-in-peruvian-court-on-murder-charges/

Fingers crossed that justice will be served at last!

(By the way, no word on it being televised, as has been previously reported. Guess we'll have to wait and see!)

4. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

5. FLNY

FLNY New Member

6. Silkprint

Silkprint Well-Known Member

I hope Natalee gets some justce at some point .

7. FLNY

FLNY New Member

Here we go AGAIN...

"The murder trial against Joran van der Sloot could be delayed if a three-judge panel honors a request from the victim's family to have his indictment sent back to the prosecutor's office, the Lima, Peru, Superior Court said Monday.

Edward Alvarez Yrala, the attorney for the family of Stephany Flores, told a three-judge panel that the indictment against van der Sloot had 'mistakes'. It did not specify what mistakes Yrala referred to in his arguments."

....Joran "was not at Monday's hearing but ... was not required to attend".

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/09/12/peru.van.der.sloot/

(bolded by me)

8. FLNY

FLNY New Member

Aha...here's the 'mistake' that the Flores family's attorney noted in court today:

The current charges are for murder and simple theft, with a maximum sentence of 30 years. They are requesting the charges be changed to "robbery followed by death, which is punishable by life imprisonment", and which is more appropriate to what occurred.

They want to "to change the indictment to request a life sentence against the defendant".

http://translate.google.com/transla...a/1301048/piden-revisar-condena-van-der-sloot

9. georger

georger New Member

Saw this by THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    LIMA, Peru (AP) — The attorney for the family of a Peruvian woman
    allegedly slain by Joran van der Sloot says it appears likely the young
    Dutchman's murder trial will not begin until next year.
    Attorney Edward Alvarez spoke after a hearing Monday on the
    prosecution's recommendation that Van der Sloot be sentenced to 30 years
    in prison in the May 2010 killing of Stephany Flores.
    Alvarez says the victim's family considers the proposed sentence too
    lenient. The family contends Van der Sloot planned the murder to rob
    Flores. Van der Sloot's attorney says the slaying was not premeditated.

Is it possible Van der Sloot's attorney is admitting to the slaying now, and arguing
    over Premeditation ? A 30 year sentence already discussed and accepted by, Joran?
    Seems impossible but I dont hear Van der Sloot's attorney claiming - innocent! In other
    words, has there actually been progress behind the scenes?

10. Kamille

Kamille Shine bright like a diamond

According to update on the link provided by FLNY, Joran is prepared to plead guilty to "simple homicide".

Attorney Luis Jiminez Navarro and his client, Van der Sloot, did not attend the hearing due to what Navarro described as the massive media interest in the case. But the lawyer did submit his response to a proposed indictment in writing, asking for a simple homicide charge that could carry a maximum sentence of 20 years in prison.

He said, too, that his client would confess to this charge.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/09/12/peru.van.der.sloot/

11. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

Here's the Daily Mail version of recent events:

Van der Sloot confesses: Dutchman suspected of Aruba killing 'to admit to murdering student Stephany Flores'

much more at link

12. Cortne

Cortne Well-Known Member

He doesnt have his fathers status protecting him, no worries!!

13. Kamille

Kamille Shine bright like a diamond

Someone should mention to Joran and his lawyer that he's already confessed. And signed that confession. Is he going to confess once again and then try to take it back once again. The games this boy plays. I hope he gets life.

:behindbar

14. FLNY

FLNY New Member

Is this what you call hedging your bets??!!?? Good ole Joran...still the poker player....only this time the stakes are a lot higher and we all know that he sucks at poker!! :floorlaugh:

Hope they get him for life!!!

15. georger

georger New Member

What happened to the $million dollar$ media deal that was bandied about
    last year?

Any updates on his living conditions now? Has he named the rats in his
    cell? :fence:

16. fran

fran Former Member

First of all, I'm not sure this article has been linked, so here it is. Glad to see Beth looking well. She must be pleased in some sense, Joran is finally paying for his evil deeds. I'm sure her regret is it's not for Natalee too and she still doesn't have her precious baby home. (I know she wasn't a baby, but like I told each of my children, once my baby, ALWAYS my baby. and they are :))

Anway, bless Beth and her entire extended family. I wish them well. Their ordeal is one, no one would want to be put through.

fran

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20525354,00.html?xid=rss-fullcontentcnn

Beth Holloway Applauds Joran van der Sloot Murder Charges

<<<<<<<<<<<<< full article at link >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

17. fran

fran Former Member

I realize I have two back to back posts, but I just didn't have the heart to put what I wanted to say about JVDS with a link to Beth's article. :mad:

FWIW, I don't care if Peru wants to drag this out. They have him. He's toast. We can stick a fork in him, he's done! But,...................I don't care if they wait 30 years to try him. He's soooo guilty! IMHO, and it looks like the Peruvian government thinks so too.

I have one thing to say to JVDS, LOL................YOU do NOT have the upper hand now! You have no friends. Your family doesn't want you. You are persona nen-grada(sp?) to Aruba. Peru wants to keep you. Stephanie's family wants you to stay where you are. YOU are WHERE YOU BELONG! foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr.......................out of sight, out of mind. {swish}

Karma for every person you've hurt, maligned, disparged, slapped around, bullied, and on and on and on..................You can tell them 22 lies like you did in Aruba, but guess what? LOL, you're ~toast~ they're onto you and they KNOW you're guilty, guilty, guilty, guilty,.............

Now the people of the world can breath a little easier now knowing that you will no longer be free to walk the earth with the decent people and no one else will have their child destroyed by you!:behindbar:

Pffffttttttttt
    fran

~sigh~ now I feel better. ;)

18. georger

georger New Member

well said! and Thanks.

19. suzihawk

suzihawk New Member

Bravo! And thank you, Fran. I agree with every word.

But please, PLEASE let this justice occur in my life time. That's not too much to ask, is it?

20. asiabrasil

asiabrasil New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.