GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #24

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Salem, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fran

fran Former Member

From Mr. Flores and his attorneys, it seems Mr. Flores is going to attempt to change legislation about the comforts prisoners receive. I think he's talking about what came out yesterday of Joran having a big screen tv, cell phone, internet.

They're in the process of investigating it now and will speak Monday further on the matter.

Joran was given the sentence the family requested, or within the range. The two years off for the confession and then credit for time served since the crime.

Seems they want the law changed so that they're not given time off for a sincere confession IF it doesn't meet the crime. In other words, sounds as if they don't think he should have been given time off for the confession because it wasn't REALLY sincere, because he lied how it went down. imho

JMHO
    fran

2. Thundar

Thundar Active Member

On CNN/live the Flores family lawyers are having a press conference. They were explaining that in Peru a law was passed last year that judges cannot grant privileges to someone in jail convicted of murder/homicide.

That must of been what JVS kept the right to, to ask for privileges. From these lawyers JS cannot get any. Period.

The press conference is over for today but there will be another one on Monday after the Flores family decides what they are going to do.

3. Thundar

Thundar Active Member

From what I got out of the press conference the law was already changed last year. But in some way the Flores family can stop any privileges that JVS might be granted (apparently he can still get some privileges with the new law).

4. officer'swife 2010

officer'swife 2010 Well-Known Member

Guys, there is something seriously evil in him...i can see it in his eyes...he's like hulk or something....and yes i too saw those girls with cameras...WOW!! however, he will have a nice life in prison because of his celeberty status, he won't have to be in public population..did you guys see him CRYING?? idk how girls think he's so hot i can't seperate the fact that he murdered 2 GIRLS!!

RIP Natalee and Stephany, justice was served on Friday the 13th!

5. annalia

annalia Active Member

I'm wondering that too, when will they announce it?

6. trigger

trigger Well-Known Member

Good time served he can be released in 9yrs.

7. Adrienne37

Adrienne37 Former Member

Prisoners in Peru receive 1 day gain time for every 2 days that they serve, hence he will spend 14 years in prison but he is eligible after 9 years to ask for release.

8. suzihawk

suzihawk New Member

:furious:

Then again... I can't imagine him behaving himself. And I keep in mind that it's not over until he faces the extortion charges here. I hope I live to see the day.

9. officer'swife 2010

officer'swife 2010 Well-Known Member

I heard somewhere lastnight that he might be transfered to another prison, and i've watched a video about Castro Castro, those prisons outside of america are horrible nasty like not even a floor just dirt.....I'm actually shocked over his sentence and I think he was too thinking he would get off...I feel sorry for his family along with the Flores and Holloway family

10. fran

fran Former Member

I don't believe prisoners are supposed to get internet access in the U.S. But I've seen where prisoners (US) have harassed their victims through the www, so I have no idea. :(

Joran should NOT have tv, cell phone and internet! He needs to loose all communication except snail mail and anyone silly enough to trudge up to where he's gonna end up.

Bet his guardian angel wishes she never heard of this guy! He's gonna string her along so that she'll keep feeding him $$$$$$$. :rolleyes: In a few days, the guardian angel's 15 minutes will be up and all she's left with is a $75K hole in her finances.

I still can't believe the guardian angele's ex was for what she was doing for Joran. Wonder if he was hoping she'd move to Peru and he'd be off the hook for alimony. There has to be an ulterior motive for someone to encourage her actions about Joran.

JMHO
    fran

PS....I heard that a $100 bill buys a LOT of privilege in the prison Joran is rumored to be sent. The article also said there's a LOT of his fellow prisoners who could use that as incentive to, well, you know ................. :slap:

11. georger

georger New Member

I was hoping for more - a lot more.

12. Wise Old Owl

Wise Old Owl Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL

I don't think that "electrical outlets" or internet service is widely available in that prison - IF AT ALL! So, his TV and computer are pretty much useless.

Plus, he is a foreigner. He will NOT be liked from the get go and with this high profile crime - he killed one of their own - nope, he's certainly not going to be a happy camper.

The prisoners only get water like once a week. They have these spigots they open up and prisoners have to have their own containers to catch it and the fights while waiting in line.

Nope, he won't last long in Lurigancho - I'm just :praying: that is where they send him.

13. suzihawk

suzihawk New Member

Me too.
    Good to see ya! :seeya:

14. georger

georger New Member

Make no mistake. Now he and Anita will start to scheme. And I think THAT
    may be his final undoing. Moma's boy is about to find out how the worms really work! :woohoo:

15. annalia

annalia Active Member

I recall very early in the case it was said that there is a seperate wing for foreign prisoners in Lurigancho, does anyone else recall that?

16. suzihawk

suzihawk New Member

I've got no sympathy for his mother or his deceased father. They're in the same category as the Anthonys, IMO

If the Aruban authorities had taken care of the situation rather than cover for their own, this tragedy wouldn't have happened to begin with. The whole lot of them were/are corrupt.

JMO

17. georger

georger New Member

That is almost inevitable but will we hear about it?

18. Wise Old Owl

Wise Old Owl Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL

There was a "cell block" for foreigners annalia but that don't mean much. And it doesn't mean that's the cell block they will give him. This prison isn't run like anything you would normally think. The cells are usually always open and the prisoners just "roam" where ever. Dirt floors, no running water, no toilets in the cells.

It is NASTY NASTY NASTY - I remember when JVS was first arrested for this - we did some research on the Peruvian prisons. This one is listed as one of the worst in the world. That documentary that I keep referring to was very eye opening and I remember questioning how any country could treat people like this - but was quickly reminded that this is a different country and they can treat their criminals however they please.

This prison was built to house 3000 or so - the population is now over 10,000. There is nothing but shanty towns around it so the whole area is pretty much like a "third world" area.

Please please please send him there. I can also see a bounty being put on his head once he's there.

19. fran

fran Former Member

20. georger

georger New Member

You and me both. I said a long time ago I was now in for the "long haul".
    Joran is going to be "in the system" one way or another for a very long
    time until he drops of a heart attack or something else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.