GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen the transcripts, but it would be interesting to note who introduced the word "provoked" to the discussion. I couldn't believe that Nancy Grace was showing crime scene photos and talking about the victim's injuries in detail. That was kind of over the top and sickening ... shouldn't be blabbered for entertainment value ... not a voice for the victim.

Those crime scene photos have been out since the beginning of the case.

He did say that on NG, it was the show when JC was filling in for NG.

He said something like SF made JVDS a murderer.

Ok, could be it was said or insinuated on a couple of her shows, but I distinctly remember NG copping an attitude and using the words (slowly, methodically), "are you .... SAYing .... Stephany.......PROVOKED...."

or was it JC?? lol I'll have to look for a link ... thanks :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XWaM-QLkQ0"]Joran van der sloot 's friend John Ludwick - YouTube[/ame]

Ok, could be it was said or insinuated on a couple of her shows, but I distinctly remember NG copping an attitude and using the words (slowly, methodically), "are you .... SAYing .... Stephany.......PROVOKED...."

or was it JC?? lol I'll have to look for a link ... thanks :)

Actually I may have been wrong. Just watched his interview with NG and he does say that JVDS was provoked first. In the very beginning of the interview he said it.

I'm looking for the intervew with JC to see exactly what he said then, it was just as bad if not worse.

Edited to add, I see suzihawk posted it.

I think what would normally happen is that Joran vds would serve his sentence in Peru and then be extradited to the U.S. to stand trial on extortion charges, going into a U.S. prison if convicted.

If I understand Cole Thompson's post correctly, Beth Holloway's attorney, John Q. Kelly, has an idea to extradite vds within the next few months; have him tried here; then shipped back to Peru to serve ALL of his time (U.S. sentence plus Peruvian sentence) in Peru. I think that would be 58 years in the Peruvian prison.

I wonder if there's a statute of limitations on the extortion charges and that's why they need to prosecute Joran vds asap?

Hasn't he already been charged? (edited because I looked it up lol)

http://www2.alabamas13.com/news/201...-van-der-sloot-fraud-charges-may--ar-3040292/
"According to federal court records, Van Der Sloot is accused of trying to solicit $250,000 from Natalee Holloway's mother in exchange for telling her the location of Natalee's remains.

International criminal defense attorney Scott James Meyer says extraditing Van Der Sloot isn't as easy as you may think.

"Extradition is governed by treaties, treaties between countries. Peru and the United States do have a treaty, a very old one on the subject... certain crimes for which extradition is appropriate. Modern crimes like wire fraud and extortion ... not necessarily on the list."

Meyer says, for now, serving time for the murder of Stephany Flores takes precedent.

However, Meyer says there is one thing that could possibly trump Van Der Sloot's murder conviction and speed up the extradition process and that's only if he faced the same charge here in Alabama."

Oh, well maybe I read Mr. Thompson's description of Kelly's plan wrong - I read it to say he would finish out his sentence in Peru. There was no "and then be extradited back to the US", which confused me.

You know Otto, I wonder if anyone has taken the time to look back at the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year anniversaries of NH going missing. Where exactly was he on those days. Is the fifth year more meaningful than the 2nd or 3rd year? Surely this has been entertained by LE.

I understood that there was some effort to figure it out. In think he was in Bangkok on one of the anniversaries, but there was no way to tell in a city like Bangkok without at least one clue. He had purchased a small coffee/sandwich place ... which failed financially.

There could be more, but so far no connections.

I suspect that the fifth anniversary had some significance for him. He may have been fighting the urge to kill again for five years and his father's death gave him a bolder sense of freedom. Wasn't there something he said about not having to worry anymore after his father died. Alternatively, his father's death stressed him so much that he cracked ... but I doubt it.

I think he was fighting the urge to violently lash out at a woman all this time, his father was the only thing that made him think twice. After hearing about Stephany's murder, I thought that this is exactly what happened to Natalie - and then she was most likely taken out to sea. Early on, he said that Natalie made a remark about Hitler. I think that may have been what triggered him the first time - because it was an awfully unusual detail to recall given that they were supposedly together from around midnight until 1:30 or 3 in the morning (don't remember timelines).

I didn't hear him say that Joran was provoked by Stephany. I heard him say that the minute Stephany knew who Joran was, Stephany should have left.

I heard Nancy Grace make repeated remarks about "provoked". There's no question she was trying to put words in his mouth.

I heard that friend of Jorans' say before that Stephanie provoked Joran by looking at his computer and asking him about Natalie. He even said that Stehpanie created a killer by provoking him. I think it was in the JVM interview where he said she provoked him. So NG was not putting words into his mouth at all,imo.

Actually I may have been wrong. Just watched his interview with NG and he does say that JVDS was provoked first. In the very beginning of the interview he said it.

I'm looking for the intervew with JC to see exactly what he said then, it was just as bad if not worse.

Edited to add, I see suzihawk posted it.

bolded by me.

annalia, I think you are right. Joran's friend says "I'm not saying it wasn't provoked" and NG took it from there.

bolded by me.

annalia, I think you are right. Joran's friend says "I'm not saying it wasn't provoked" and NG took it from there.

LOL, He did say it to NG, but at first I posted that it was on the show when JC was filling in for NG. I was correcting myself about which show it was. :crazy:

At the risk of a time out -
John Ludwick -
loser_stickers-p217357463924178544836x_325.jpg

Hi Mr. Thompson.

Welcome and thank you for sharing your insights!

I'm a fan of JQ Kelly because he represented the Brown family in the civil case against OJ Simpson, and spent many years doggedly pursuing Simpson's assets. He and Daniel Petrocelli are amazing attorneys in my eyes--real heroes of that case.

And now with him going after this monster...I think he will pursue this to every end. I certainly hope and pray his plan works out. Not only did the Holloway family lose their precious daughter, but they also gave up $25K to this monster, which funded more of his nefarious activities.

Whether or not the Holloways realize it or not they are forever linked to the Flores family in the saddest way any families can be linked, and their combined strength in seeking justice can only be that much more powerful! With Mr. Kelly at the legal helm, JVS will not prevail.

Please continue to share whatever information you can. My concern is that with a sentence of 28 years and possible parole after 14, JVS will exit prison still young enough to endanger the lives of other women who may cross his path. That must never happen.

Hi Mr. Thompson.

Welcome and thank you for sharing your insights!

I'm a fan of JQ Kelly because he represented the Brown family in the civil case against OJ Simpson, and spent many years doggedly pursuing Simpson's assets. He and Daniel Petrocelli are amazing attorneys in my eyes--real heroes of that case.

And now with him going after this monster...I think he will pursue this to every end. I certainly hope and pray his plan works out. Not only did the Holloway family lose their precious daughter, but they also gave up $25K to this monster, which funded more of his nefarious activities.

Whether or not the Holloways realize it or not they are forever linked to the Flores family in the saddest way any families can be linked, and their combined strength in seeking justice can only be that much more powerful! With Mr. Kelly at the legal helm, JVS will not prevail.

Please continue to share whatever information you can. My concern is that with a sentence of 28 years and possible parole after 14, JVS will exit prison still young enough to endanger the lives of other women who may cross his path. That must never happen.

Lovely post, Madeleine74!

I don't believe JVS got the full $25K, though. I think he only received $5K as a down payment which, sadly, was enough to fund his trip to Peru. Many of the Holloway haters blamed Beth and held her responsible for the death of Stephany. Which is insanity.

This John Ludwick guy claims that Stephany brought it all on herself by "provoking" JVDS when she looked at his computer. Forensic computer evidence shows that the NH information was brought up earlier in the day BEFORE Stephany ever came to the room. So that part was a lie. Apparently John is only taking into account Joran's version of the murder, not the evidence.

Quite right! I just checked the transcipts and he introduces the word "provoked". Nancy Grace merely tries to explore what exactly he means. My mistake:

LUDWICK: I mean, even I can`t dispute the evidence. He obviously murdered her. I`m not saying that it wasn`t provoked. And I believe he did have post-traumatic stress syndrome. But I hope --

GRACE: What do you mean provoked? You think Stephany Tatiana provoked Joran Van Der Sloot into murdering her? What do you mean by that?

LUDWICK: I do believe so. If she got the e-mail and figured out he was involved in Natalee`s stuff, she should have just immediately left the room and not confront him.

http://www.cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1201/11/ng.01.html

Those crime scene photos have been out since the beginning of the case.

They have, but since when is it a Voice for The Victim to show the victim's bloody, mutilated body on the floor of a hotel room?

The only catch I see to the plan, why would Peru pay for 30 years of incarcerating Joran?

maybe the federal bureau of prisons or the alabama dept. of corrections (whichever has jurisdiction over jvds) would pay peru to incarcerate him there on their behalf?

They have, but since when is it a Voice for The Victim to show the victim's bloody, mutilated body on the floor of a hotel room?

i've looked at thousands of crime scene photos in my life... sometimes you can't truly get the magnitude, scope, heinousness of the crime without them. stephany's showed me how much she fought for her life.

the only crime scene pics that really ever bothered me -and still do- are jonbenet's :(

It will be a lesson in International Law. Quite interested to see how this all plays out. Hopefully JVS never walks a free man. I would like to see him prosecuted on the U.S. charges ASAP. In case he doesn't survive his current term. I just want him to know before he dies he will never be free of the crimes. The crimes we are aware of that is.

The crime scene photos are horrific. This crime scene sketch from the Peruvian police file tells the story without the gore. Poor Stephany.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Crime Scene Sketch from Peru from Portrait of a Monster .jpg
    Crime Scene Sketch from Peru from Portrait of a Monster .jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 95
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors