PA PA - Philadelphia, WhtMale 55-70, UP16633, Millville NJ laundry tag, army nurse tattoo, Jan '69

"Has anyone been able to find out if John Wild from Millville was ever found? I have not found anything."

Millville PD said they don't have any records from '69 and when they searched their database he didn't come up.

Pulling from the article. It was OCR text and very jumbled/scrambled so very hard to tell what belonged where. Much of the info breaks off mid sentence so there is likely more in there.

The Millville Daily from Millville, New Jersey · 1
Publication:
The Millville Daily i
Issue Date:
Tuesday, June 3, 1969
Page: 1

reported missing to police Monday evening by the woman at whose home he resided. .John Wild, 56, of RD. 2, S. Delsea Drive,

said that Wild resided with her and her husband

She said all of Wild's belongings, except the clothes he was wearing when he disappeared, were still at the home.

it was unusual for Wild to disappear as he never went any place without saying where he was

The Millville Daily from Millville, New Jersey on June 3, 1969 · 1

Pulling from the article. It was OCR text and very jumbled/scrambled so very hard to tell what belonged where. Much of the info breaks off mid sentence so there is likely more in there.

The Millville Daily from Millville, New Jersey · 1
Publication:
The Millville Daily i
Issue Date:
Tuesday, June 3, 1969
Page: 1

reported missing to police Monday evening by the woman at whose home he resided. .John Wild, 56, of RD. 2, S. Delsea Drive,

said that Wild resided with her and her husband

She said all of Wild's belongings, except the clothes he was wearing when he disappeared, were still at the home.

it was unusual for Wild to disappear as he never went any place without saying where he was

The Millville Daily from Millville, New Jersey on June 3, 1969 · 1
Here is a picture of the full article.

Q7jBnsx.png

So, it's the same as the first page of this thread's article.

@Filly , any input?

Thanks, Laughing

Oh how sad. For now all I can say is Family Theater became Apollo Theater. Not that it'll help. Then it was demolished to make way for our Convention Center.

There's someone I can ask without ressurecting my dad.

Hope I can help. Thanks for including me. Albeit it is really sad.

I think the nurse tattoo is a so called “Rose of No Man’s Land”. It is meant to thank the field nurses and the nurses who were saving lives during military time…because it took ungodly amounts of courage for them to be where they were and taking care of the servicemen who in many times, certainly in World War II, were losing limbs and [suffering from ] blast injuries. So, the “Rose of No Man’s Land” is about the appreciation of the female nurses that were the rescuers of so many of the servicemen.

Why could he have chosen to have it? Could have many reasons......

cinematreasures.org

That site has quite a few comments and photos.

It also says there was a homicide there in 1969? Bunch of weapons stashed around the theater.

It was also one of them all night theaters. Maybe the man was in there for a long time? In the 70's it became a "girlie" movie. *advertiser censored*. That's how I remember the marquee. We'd.see it if we were going to Wannamakers. Real flashy.

That's all I have until I can call family friend. Sorry. Millville isn't that close. However, the Camden/Philly connection matches.

Youse are all phenomenal with your research.

There's a FB group Veteran Doe. They did some research and believe it's John L Wild.

It's also on Find A Grave. An organization goes around to funeral homes and collects the remains of Vets and buries them.

JLW served in the Army WWII. On that FB it also says his mom died in Philly in 1967.

The one big thing off is date of death 1970.
Birthrate matches.

Sorry to throw so much into the game.

Not that this is going to be much help to identifying this man, but maybe he wanted to reminisce in Millville. (landery tag) going back to the army air field or a visited a grave (pure speculation)
Millville Army Air Field – Cumberland County Cultural & Historical Commision

Nowadays there is museum
Visit “America’s First Defense Airport,” where nearly 1500 World War II pilots received advanced fighter training for combat in in P-47 Thunderbolt and P-40 Warhawk fighter planes. Museum exhibits tell the story of the airport’s role in World War II defense, along with a collection of aviation related photographs and artifacts.

The original impetus for an airport in Millville came from the Millville Flying Club, formed in 1939. The club worked with local governments to find a suitable location for the airfield. Shortly after the airport opened, the federal government designated it as “America’s First Defense Airport” in 1941. Two years later, construction began on the military facilities. During its three year existence as a military facility, thousands of pilots, soldiers and civilians served here.

By the time the peace treaty with Japan was signed on September 2, 1945, the Millville Army Air Field had ended its gunnery and bombing training and had been designated as a sub-base under the Dover Army Air Field Base. The following month it was placed in inactive status. During its four-year existence, more than 10,000 personnel served in Millville, and 1,500 pilots received advanced fighter training. During the war there were fourteen fatalities among the pilots, all of them training flights, and five fatalities among the ground crews in other types of accidents.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back