Photos of the Couple - *WARNING: Graphic Images*

In the crime scene photo the hair on his face seems to have been brushed upwards; the hair on the top of his head is swept back. Wouldn't this be consistent with removal of a hood? Isn't it a bit unusual for the hair next to his temple to be pointing straight up?

After reading through the thread, I am convinced they are both Canadians, originally from Canada on a road trip, perhaps a road trip that was brought on by this man's father disowning him for not wanting to be in the medical field. Most likely they were just driving around the US aimlessly, maybe for fun.
I don't believe the girl was a wife or relative, I think it was his girlfriend. I don't think they look too much alike, but if they are both French, than of course they will bear similar traits. I wish they could circulate this story through out Canada. Someone has to be looking for them.
I also wonder if the couple was rich? You'd have to have some type of money to be going across the US aimlessly. I'm sorry if this answer has been posted, but were any personal belongings found of theirs? Was the motive a robbery?
Hoping to see this case solved!

Have you ruled out the infamous serial killer Pee Wee Gaskins?

I had never heard of him but he sure would be in the right area to do this.plus I read he was connected to Carnivals and seemed to like to kill both male and female.:tyou:
I did a web search thank you for mentioning him.

Does anyone remember by SC or VA those cases where couple went missing or were found deceased, and they thought it was a serial killer? But they didnt know who? I wonder if they could be connected, they are in the right place and time wise as well

After reading through the thread, I am convinced they are both Canadians, originally from Canada on a road trip, perhaps a road trip that was brought on by this man's father disowning him for not wanting to be in the medical field. Most likely they were just driving around the US aimlessly, maybe for fun.
I don't believe the girl was a wife or relative, I think it was his girlfriend. I don't think they look too much alike, but if they are both French, than of course they will bear similar traits. I wish they could circulate this story through out Canada. Someone has to be looking for them.
I also wonder if the couple was rich? You'd have to have some type of money to be going across the US aimlessly. I'm sorry if this answer has been posted, but were any personal belongings found of theirs? Was the motive a robbery?
Hoping to see this case solved!

Thanks Amber for your thoughts.. I have chased the Canadian angle for years. This couple is much more complicated, in my opinion. I do not think it was a simple robbery either. They are definitely iternational, IMHO. The answer to this couples identity may be a political problem....but it is time for them to have a name. Thank you for your interest .....that is what needs to happen for this couple

I would agree with you as well...it seems they were shot almost execution style, except for in the neck, chest and back instead of the head! I assumed they were shot on their knees from behind if I remember right?

Since we have the new picture, I went back to the Desaparecidos Wall Of Memories, and looked through the pictures again. The following man, Eduardo Guerci, worked for the Navy in Argentina as a computer person - which was pretty high tech for 1976. When I searched more about him, I found that he disappeared with his girlfriend, Patricia Faraoni. She was a medical student and they both went missing around July 20, 1976. Eduardo's brother launched an investigation, and from what I can determine when I translate the link below, Eduardo was declared a deserter, even though it appears he was kidnapped. Did he and Patricia make it out of the country? Here are their pictures. He looks like a better candidate than she does, IMHO. Just throwing it out there for the opinion of all of you.

http://www.desaparecidos.org/arg/victimas/g/guerci/

Attachments

• Eduardo Guerci and Patricia Faraoni.JPG
    Eduardo Guerci and Patricia Faraoni.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 324
  • SC UID Photos.JPG
    SC UID Photos.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 360
Here is a picture I did with Eduardo Garcia and Patrica Faraoni compared with the UID in a single grouping. Should have done that earlier. :banghead:

Attachments

• Eduardo Guerci and Patricia Faraoni compared to SC UID.JPG
    Eduardo Guerci and Patricia Faraoni compared to SC UID.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 424
I would agree with you as well...it seems they were shot almost execution style, except for in the neck, chest and back instead of the head!

Similar to the execution of Ché Guevara in Bolivia. Félix Rodríguez talked to him for some time and specifically ordered his men not to shoot him in the head. I believe the Sumter pair were also interrogated beforehand.

I am surprised they have not been identified with as good of photos they have of these two.

I've followed this case for several years and this is the first time I've seen those two new photos of "Jacques" I wonder is there are any more of "Jane" similar floating around? It would be nice to be able to have different angle shots, and more of the actual crime scene itself.

Notice the pronounced asymmetry of the nose and the crooked teeth, the dark circles under the eyes, the eyeglass marks. Remember there may be some swelling in the postmortem pic.

Attachments

• Cesar nose teeth comparison.jpg
    Cesar nose teeth comparison.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 387
I never heard of this couple before. Having looked at the pictures, the comments and the links, I have a slightly different take of this couple.

I believe they were foreigners. Their resemblance to some of the Argentines is interesting in that most people in Argentina are an ethnic mix of Spanish and Italian blood. Argentine women, especialy of the upper classes, are very beauty conscious. I do not believe the couple is from Argentina, however, for two reasons. One, if they had just fled from a brutal military regime in their home country, I doubt that they would be driving or hitchhiking around the United States. Two, while Argentine customs may have changed over the years I cannot imagine an Argentine woman not shaving her legs.

I do not believe they are Italian nationals either. If the initials on the watch are in fact the man's, the letter J is not customarily used in the Italian language. John is Gianni. Joseph is Giuseppe. The month of June is Giungno.

The olive colored complexion certainly implies the Mediterranean area which would exclude their being Northern, Central or Eastern Europeans. I doubt based on their complexions that they were French Canadians.

This, in my book, leaves us with Spaniards, Portuguese or Mediterreanan French. I do not know what the customs of women were back then, but I suspect French women were the group least likely of the three to have shaved their legs back then. (the man was clean shaven so it is not that they did not have any razors at their disposal). The French ancestry would include former colonialists in North Africa.

So the question still remains how did this couple (probably French) of comfortable background get to the US, meander about and meet a violent death without anyone back home worrying about them?

Yes we shaved our legs 30 years ago. That said, if anyone wants to explore the possibility that this couple is french Canadian from Quebec, there were a couple of political unrests in the 70's.

1) FLQ Movement - some underground operations.
Here is a wiki link but there is a lot of information on the web.
Front de libération du Québec - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2) PQ - Separatist Movement - Many English Quebecers fled after the PQ went into power fearing Quebec separation from Canada. Again, I'm linking wiki but there are other articles on the web
Parti Québécois - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

3) Explore the mob angle. There was a big hijacking of an armoured "Brinks" truck in 1976 which surpassed the well known Crime of the Century Boston Brinks truck. The robbery netted $2.7 million in cash and 29 boxes containing a total of $5,000 worth of Olympic gold coins.

This link talks about the Irish mob but there was a french Canadian connection as well.

http://mafiatoday.com/canadian-mafi...ters-chronicled-in-new-book-by-darcy-oconnor/

In the first two scenarios I can perhaps see family members looking for their loved ones publicly. In the third, I'm not so sure.

Anyway, my :twocents: worth.

ETA: I agree with you regarding the initials. There is no "J" in the Italian alphabet. I'm guessing if his name is Jacques, his middle initial can be Pierre, Paul, Phillipe. However, not a common abbreviated name with Jacques. Most with JP initials are Jean-Paul, Jean-Pierre, Jean-Phillipe

The letter "F" and the Spanish connection, maybe?

1975 Oct 30, Juan Carlos (37) assumed power in Spain after General Franco, near death, gave him control.
(http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/october/30/newsid_2464000/2464945.stm)

1975 Nov 20, After nearly four decades of absolute rule (1936-1975), Spain's General Francisco Franco died, two weeks before his 83rd birthday. Juan Carlos, grandson of King Alfonso, was his designated successor and the monarchy was restored. In 2002 Gabrielle Ashford Hodges authored "Franco: A Concise Biography."
(SFC, 11/12/96, p.A12)(SFEC, 10/5/97, p.A17)(AP, 11/20/97)(SSFC, 4/21/02, p.M4)

1975 Nov 22, Juan Carlos was proclaimed king of Spain.
(AP, 11/22/97)

1976 Nov 18, Spain's parliament approved a bill to establish a democracy after 37 years of dictatorship.
(AP, 11/18/97)

http://timelines.ws/countries/SPAIN_B.HTML

Did some of his kin flee?

Here is a picture I did with Eduardo Garcia and Patrica Faraoni compared with the UID in a single grouping. Should have done that earlier. :banghead:

The resemblance is striking...

So sad and so very long ago 1976...

How could these 2 people not be missed by someone, somewhere, in all this time?
Does anyone know the details of 'how' these 2 young people were killed?

where were they found in S.C, near the beaches or islands, near a college, apartments, in a city or back roads just WHERE in SC?....I noticed on the side of the picture it says Sumter, coroners office.
South Carolina has always had a lot of tourist for the beaches, fishing, boating, colleges as well as motorcycle rallys.

their height and weight and approx. ages, what were they wearing,
was it beach/summer cloths, swim suits, winter cloths, motorcycle cloths, work cloths, what type of clothing, expensive or average, shoes, jewelry, what's the details?

After 30 years it's time all the details get out, maybe a friend or family member will recognize them, unless they were from some other country..

The timeline is a bit off but what about this man from Argentina?

yves.h1.jpg
2-2-John-Doe-police-sketc.jpg

http://www.exdesaparecidos.org.ar/aedd/seguimosbuscando.php#

His name is Yves Alain DOMERGUE born in France. If he used the name Jacques and had a french accent, I think this is our John Doe.

IMO

ETA: How do we submit a possible match?

I see similarities but I don't see the moles and it appears the missing person is 37? If so that would seem to rule it out. I do admit though that when I saw the photos I thought "wow this could be her"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back