Picerno on KMBZ radio April 4th

Doesn't Picerno represent Jeremy too? Is he maybe referring to Jeremy? I can't figure out from the quote if he's talking about Deb or Jeremy. Super confusing.

Yes, Picerno, and don't forget Tacopino, represent BOTH Deb and Jeremy ...

From what I remember, Jeremy is the one who stated that LE told him [Jeremy] that he did NOT need to take a poly ...

And I call bull on that one ! No way ... No way did LE tell Jeremy that he did NOT have to take a poly ...

Of course, Jeremy has the right to refuse to take a poly ... but you can "bet your boots" Jeremy was offered a poly by LE ...

:moo::moo::moo:

The whole thing is odd. I tried to find the full audio of the show so I could hear the entire exchange in context, but I came up empty. I would like to hear the exact question asked of Picerno and exactly how he responded with my own ears.

We know Deb took a poly. Unless Picerno is implying that Deb didn't complete the poly. Like Billie Dunn who had to abort the poly midway through supposedly.

Yes, Picerno, and don't forget Tacopino, represent BOTH Deb and Jeremy ...

From what I remember, Jeremy is the one who stated that LE told him [Jeremy] that he did NOT need to take a poly ...

And I call bull on that one ! No way ... No way did LE tell Jeremy that he did NOT have to take a poly ...

Of course, Jeremy has the right to refuse to take a poly ... but you can "bet your boots" Jeremy was offered a poly by LE ...

:moo::moo::moo:

I find the whole polygraph situation with DB quite bizarre. She clearly said she took one and failed it. Now I can see Tacopina saying that was a lie that she didn't fail (I always thought that LE lied when they told the mother of the little girl killed in south Missouri that she had failed one. I think they were focusing on the parents first before moving onto the neighbor).

I do believe that police didn't have Jeremy take one or ask him to.

They knew what he was doing. They had his whereabouts verified and knew the timing would indicate that he didn't have time between leaving work (and there would be multiple cameras along his route to verify his timing) and calling 911 to kill and/or dispose of Lisa or participate in an elaborate coverup.

Likely I've watched too much of yummy Shemar Moore and Criminal Minds but I would bet *my* boots that the 911 tape was flown ASAP to Quantico and the FBI's best analyzed the 911 call, the tone, stress, inflection to determine whether he was sincere or not.

The focus has always been on Debbie, not Jeremy.

So yeah I'd bet my nice boots that in those first days he wasn't offered a polygraph because they didn't think it was needed then.

I do believe that LE can & does use this as an investigative tool. Especially in the case of missing children.
More often than not, the parents are involved.

I would think that you could be hooked up to an apparatus, ask questions, ...without it being an actual Polygraph exam. Then told that you failed some questions.

IMO it doesn't make sense to me to give a parent an actual polygraph in the first days of a missing child investigation. They would be much too emotional. and stressed. I wouldn't think the results could or would be accurate.

Just using your post as a jumping off point.
I can't remember what show I saw it on this week, there was a documentary on LDT and voice analysis etc., and they were showing a newer version of the polygraph that uses a computer program and a microphone, no physical hook up whatsoever. FWIW
I find this very baffling, are any other news agencies running with this story or is it some of the worst reporting we've seen to date. I would think this would be BIG news in KC MO, and if true, others would be making it headline material. It is confusing to say the least.

I find the whole polygraph situation with DB quite bizarre. She clearly said she took one and failed it. Now I can see Tacopina saying that was a lie that she didn't fail (I always thought that LE lied when they told the mother of the little girl killed in south Missouri that she had failed one. I think they were focusing on the parents first before moving onto the neighbor).

They knew what he was doing. They had his whereabouts verified and knew the timing would indicate that he didn't have time between leaving work (and there would be multiple cameras along his route to verify his timing) and calling 911 to kill and/or dispose of Lisa or participate in an elaborate coverup.

Likely I've watched too much of yummy Shemar Moore and Criminal Minds but I would bet *my* boots that the 911 tape was flown ASAP to Quantico and the FBI's best analyzed the 911 call, the tone, stress, inflection to determine whether he was sincere or not.

So yeah I'd bet my nice boots that in those first days he wasn't offered a polygraph because they didn't think it was needed then.

I'm sorry. .. did you say Shemar Moore? I'm dazed and confused now. :p Yummy doesn't even begin to describe him! And here I thought you were part of the media and probably well versed in adjectives. :what:

I think Mr. Picerno has short term memory loss. I'm really not even that concerned with DB's poly. What say they about JI?! They sure seem to be skirting JI lately. . .they say DB had nothing to do with Lisa. . .so?! What about JI? What did he have to do with Lisa's disappearance? Don't pretend like we don't notice the silence on that.

Btw. .I don't believe for a second that LE did not ask JI to take a LDT. I find it very odd that right after he was questioned and he asked to take a break is when LE held a presser saying that the parents were no longer cooperating. Hmmmm. . . In Sky 's case, Solomon took one. In Ayla's case, Trista took one. . along with several members of her family. I DO NOT believe that LE did not ask JI to take a LDT and until I hear it straight from Steve Young's mouth, I will continue to believe that.

I can't remember what show I saw it on this week, there was a documentary on LDT and voice analysis etc., and they were showing a newer version of the polygraph that uses a computer program and a microphone, no physical hook up whatsoever. FWIW
I find this very baffling, are any other news agencies running with this story or is it some of the worst reporting we've seen to date. I would think this would be BIG news in KC MO, and if true, others would be making it headline material. It is confusing to say the least.

I wonder if it was a voice stress test.

The microphone can as well be hidden so the individual would not even realize they were being tested.

This is going beyond a 3 ring circus it is turning into a carnival if LE is playing games here.

"Devices used to analyze voice stress are usually used in the presence of the individual under investigation; however, they can also be used without his or her knowledge. Since all that is needed is a voice, a or a tape recording can provide the necessary input signal"

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_stress_analysis"]Voice stress analysis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

A few weeks back, I was reading about some studies done using computer programs to predict deception from linguistic styles, it was pretty fascinating reading. IIRC the programs were a bit more accurate than the people. I found this artilc this morning http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/04/business/lie-detection-software-parses-the-human-voice.html it looks like this kind of analysis is evolving.

Around the same time a few weeks back, I was half watching a show about lying and deception. I tried to find the name of the show a few days later but could not. The did a bit on Susan Smith in it. Anywho, in the show they had some sort of law enforcement academy or investigations students listen to known deceptive statements via tape without seeing the person speaking, they monitored the students and their brains were picking up on those deceptive statements even when they weren't consciously certain the person was lying. Also truly fascinating. I wish I could remember the name of the show, I would love to re-watch it.

If I remember correctly, and I think I do. LE told BOTH parents that they failed a Poly, in the case of Breeann R. They were said to have taken them right away in the investigation.
Again I don't think they were administered actual polygraphs. Just as I believe that DB wasn't.
Even if they were actual LDT, I can certainly understanmd why a parent would fail one at that time. It would have to be one of the most stressful time in a parent's life.

Even if they were actual LDT, I can certainly understanmd why a parent would fail one at that time. It would have to be one of the most stressful time in a parent's life.

isn't that why they are careful to record a "baseline" stress level?

Does being nervous affect the exam?
No. Everybody is nervous when undergoing a test like this, especially for the first time. Whether you choose the polygraph format or the voice stress analysis format, we are able to determine your unique "walk in" stress. We measure the changes from your baseline stress to the stress produced by the questions we ask you. So, regardless of how nervous, stressed or upset you are, it will NOT affect the results of the test.

http://pacificpolygraphs.com/pacific-polygraphs-faq.htm

A few weeks back, I was reading about some studies done using computer programs to predict deception from linguistic styles, it was pretty fascinating reading. IIRC the programs were a bit more accurate than the people. I found this artilc this morning http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/04/business/lie-detection-software-parses-the-human-voice.html it looks like this kind of analysis is evolving.

Around the same time a few weeks back, I was half watching a show about lying and deception. I tried to find the name of the show a few days later but could not. The did a bit on Susan Smith in it. Anywho, in the show they had some sort of law enforcement academy or investigations students listen to known deceptive statements via tape without seeing the person speaking, they monitored the students and their brains were picking up on those deceptive statements even when they weren't consciously certain the person was lying. Also truly fascinating. I wish I could remember the name of the show, I would love to re-watch it.

I do know that the navy has conducted a great amount of studies in this area, the show I saw was about spy techniques in general with some other follow up techniques, I only saw a portion of it though.

I do know that the navy has conducted a great amount of studies in this area, the show I saw was about spy techniques in general with some other follow up techniques, I only saw a portion of it though.

I'm wondering if LE did what DB presumed to be an LDT but it was a sham action to see if it would break her. LE doesn't have to be truthful during questioning and perhaps DB thought she had undergone the LDT when in fact it wasn't one. That would explain Tacopino's 'No LDT' comment.

I'm wondering if LE did what DB presumed to be an LDT but it was a sham action to see if it would break her. LE doesn't have to be truthful during questioning and perhaps DB thought she had undergone the LDT when in fact it wasn't one. That would explain Tacopino's 'No LDT' comment.

Entertaining the faintest possibility that such a charade could be the case, I don't see how DB would know at this stage it was a phony polygraph. I can't see LE letting that cat out of the bag at this stage, her counsel isn't entitled to any info from LE, there isn't much communication back and forth. How would one arrive at such a conclusion at this point?

In this case, I just don't see why a phony polygraph would even be necessary. At one time KCPD had a couple of full time examiners and a part timer. Since they use polygraph exams for employment at the department, examiners are probably not scarce. Then you have the FBI and their resources. It seems highly unlikely.

Entertaining the faintest possibility that such a charade could be the case, I don't see how DB would know at this stage it was a phony polygraph. I can't see LE letting that cat out of the bag at this stage, her counsel isn't entitled to any info from LE, there isn't much communication back and forth. How would one arrive at such a conclusion at this point?

In this case, I just don't see why a phony polygraph would even be necessary. At one time KCPD had a couple of full time examiners and a part timer. Since they use polygraph exams for employment at the department, examiners are probably not scarce. Then you have the FBI and their resources. It seems highly unlikely.

I think that this latest lie by the DT is giving some people a little kernel of doubt, and that's what it is meant to do. That's what reasonable doubt is all about. These two DT attorneys are totally inept in my opinion. They lie about even the most mundane things. How can anyone believe anything that comes out of their mouths?

nina-- the links in the first post no longer work... the articles have been removed for whatever reason. do you have another link for the interview? thanks!

nina-- the links in the first post no longer work... the articles have been removed for whatever reason. do you have another link for the interview? thanks!

Seems to be a problem with their website. A lot of articles are unavailable. I searched for a random word in the search box and every article had that same "not available" message. Check back later.

I don't think LE would admit, or confirm that DB did not have an actual poly exam. Nor do I think they should.
If it is, as I suspect & believe, used as an investigative tool, it would not be advantageous for LE to release this type of information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back