Pitt/Jolie buy French mansion w/35 bedrooms

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by czechmate7, May 29, 2008.

1. czechmate7

czechmate7 Former Member

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/wenn/20080526/ten-pitt-jolie-buy-french-mansion-c60bd6d.html

Don't get me wrong...If you have the money and that's what you want..go for it..But this seems a bit more ...."materialistic".... than what they claim to be about...IMO...

2. Loading...

3. pedinurse

pedinurse Former Member

how many houses do they have now?

4. czechmate7

czechmate7 Former Member

http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/hotgossip/5-28-08?GT1=BUZZ2

5. shopper

shopper New Member

I read about this last weekend. I also read that they are actually leasing the property and did not buy it.

6. concernedperson

concernedperson Former Member

Might not work if he is running for mayor of New Orleans.Some of the excess may not be appreciated.I wish I knew all the ties that bind down there as I think there is much more of a story than is brought forward.

How can he be in that limelight there and giving up his L.A .homesteads? How can this French new ownership be compared to his new love of Louisiana? This is something to be looked at for the future.

7. Taximom

Taximom Former Member

I heard they did this because they want their twins to be born there. I've seen the pictures and it's gorgeous, but too big for me! Gosh, you lose sight of one kid for 5 minutes and you'd have to call the police to help look for him/her.

8. poco

poco A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.

35 bedrooms - I'd say they are planning a large family- geez. That's ridiculous!!!

9. czechmate7

czechmate7 Former Member

No joke...I guess they can put tracking devices on the kids....LOL:eek:
    And we can't forget...
    They can also explore the property's 20 fountains, moat, lake, vineyard, indoor and outdoor pools, his-and-hers gyms, pool room, sauna, banquet hall, ponies, olive groves and recording studio.
    They sold the ponies with the property:waitasec: That's kinda cool, I guess...:rolleyes:

10. Taximom

Taximom Former Member

I'm buying stock in baby gate companies.

11. Autumn2004

Autumn2004 Inactive

WOW! That is very excessive but it would be cool to have all your family stay with you comfortably. They could have loads of company for the holidays.

Oddly this doesnt bother me near as much as the billion dollar home, probably because they donate their money and their time so much to help others. I cannot imagine baby proofing that house :eek:

12. philamena

philamena Former Member

They do great volunteer work and I mean that sincerely. But a house with 35 freakin rooms seems a bit over the top.:rolleyes:

13. Autumn2004

Autumn2004 Inactive

It is, but I would love to borrow it for the weekend :D

14. philamena

philamena Former Member

Can I come too? lol ;)

15. Glow

Glow New Member

Well when you boil it all down to the basics,

they have

reportedly been searching for a base in France for a couple of years,
    "It was a dream of my mother's to live in France. Brad and I are taking French lessons," she tells the Sydney Morning Herald, referring to mom Marcheline Bertrand, who died of cancer in January 2007. "There's something to the language that my mother spoke a bit, and her parents spoke, and she always wanted me and my children to speak."

so good for her. Her mother was French and she lives in New Orleans (very fran-ce`) and she is exploring her heritage.

"... Right now in my life I have a really good partner and somebody who makes me feel [beautiful] even when I've got the flu and I'm sick or if I've just had my C-section in the hospital when I had Shiloh," gushes the actress. "I think there is a lot to being supported and loved. You know, my kids make me feel beautiful."
    "True beauty is when you've really found something inside yourself that you're at peace with and the people around you are as well."

I think wherever they live, they are going to be just fine.

16. ember

ember ~*~ Tree hugging dirt worshipper ~*~

TMZ reported last week that they are just leasing it...but who really knows!

Love them!

17. Glow

Glow New Member

That is probably true. I agree with you on the love them!

18. BhamMama

BhamMama Former Member

I think they'll be okay too. I also think it's due to her mothers influence that she's chosen France this time.

Glow, as an aside, your motto in your sig is my grandfathers Clan motto. (the Gow, MacGow, MacGowan, Smith Clan from the Loch Lomond area. Also affiliated with Clan Macpherson and Clan Chattan, who's motto is Touch Not The Cat Without a Glove.) Sorry for the off topic, I just happened to notice it :)

19. Autumn2004

Autumn2004 Inactive

Sure :D

20. cheko1

cheko1 New Member

That is just crazy. You'd have to have lots of cleaning people!

21. AmandaBrown23

AmandaBrown23 Im just living among all the madness

They are starting to get on my nerves lol