Plaid hat girl with dark hair and wild eye makeup

Tali was a mistake he didn't repeat. What other apartments?? This is the Greenwich one. The only one in NYC that I know of. This girl imo could also be 25. We clearly have different views on chubby.
He had different apartments in the U.S and of course other places to stay as he traveled frequently. I do recall this being mentioned as the Greenwich apartment in NYC earlier in the thread.
I don't think this girl is 25 for the simple reason that people in the 70s aged faster than we do now. There were confirmed teenagers in Alcala's photosets and I would have guessed them to being in their upper twenties. Plus, I honestly think her features like her face shape and her jaw are too small and heart shaped to take her out of her teens. But who knows, she could very well be 25, just blessed to have those young looking features?

I guess she's not thin and possibly apple shaped hence the small breasts and thin arms but the fleshiness everywhere else.

Didn't he try to kill Tali in his apartment, though? Also this didn't need to be his main apartment, he could've just brought her to one of his other apartments and killed her here. Or he would have taken her somewhere else and killed her. -If- he killed her.

I also don't see chubbiness at all.. I mean her arms are quite lean and showing musculature.. She just seems rather small breasted and doesn't have much of a curvy waistline.. isn't that common for that 12-15 year old age range though?
I certainly won’t consider this young woman “chubby” either, which sounds derogative vs. descriptive.

amateur opinion and speculation

Her arms don't suggest handcuffs to me, nor does she look frightened to me. Drugged and a bit out of it seems very possible.

Last edited:
So he was making videos of this?
Highly unlikely. Back then video cameras were bulky and very expensive. Usually only purchased by TV production companies and local TV stations.

If you compare the two images, I'm certain now the metal "pole" is part of the tripod.

Yes, it does appear he was filming this. Unless the light bouncing off the camera on the tripod is flash from the camera he shot this image with?

Yes, light bounces can be a problem for photographer. Also, camera flashes don't have to be attached to the camera. There are devices to remotely trigger other flashes when the flash on the camera goes off and extension cords to place the flash away from the camera. These were available back then. I was doing photography as a hobby back then and remember the listings for them.

In this case I think it's just a reflection or glare spot. Not the camera being used.

Last edited:
Highly unlikely. Back then video cameras were bulky and very expensive. Usually only purchased by TV production companies and local TV stations.

Yes, light bounces can be a problem for photographer. Also, camera flashes don't have to be attached to the camera. There are devices to remotely trigger other flashes when the flash on the camera goes off and extension cords to place the flash away from the camera. These were available back then. I was doing photography as a hobby back then and remember the listings for them.

In this case I think it's just a reflection or glare spot. Not the camera being used.
How much did they cost

There are more sketches of Princess Blue in this thread that when compared really resemble this girl, IMO. I know it doesn't quite match the way we believe it should.....but I keep comparing.

Is there a chance we have overlooked something? Could the info for Princess Blue be wrong? It such a cold case New PB Sketch ?

There are more sketches of Princess Blue in this thread that when compared really resemble this girl, IMO. I know it doesn't quite match the way we believe it should.....but I keep comparing.

Is there a chance we have overlooked something? Could the info for Princess Blue be wrong? It such a cold case New PB Sketch ?
Hey Beekarina, love how you're still concerned about these missing women.
As much as I love to believe PB is this woman, PB has very different facial characteristics to me. This woman has an inverted triangle face with large eyes. PB has a squarer face, narrower eyes, and longer features, in fact the newest construction of her to me looks like Tessa Thompson a whole lot. I also think this woman has a mixture of African and Mestizo ancestry within her - rather than mostly European with a dash of African like PB is. But I dont know.
I really hope she can get identified. If LE releases the other Rodney Alcala photos, then this will make things much clearer for us. I feel like there are images of the same people in some of the photos.

They should release them!

I haven't logged in for a few months, but saw a comment and it reminded me. There is actually another suggestion in the Princess Blue thread that seems more likely.

The 70s missing really grab me.

This is just a thought, and probably not likely.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Cellastine's last date of contact given is late April of 1968, and the horror with Tali was September of 1968....Do we know when he established a residence in NYC? I remember reading about him going AWOL and attacking a woman in NYC with a Coke bottle in the 60s, so was not quite sure how the NYC apartment came to be? (i.e. maybe he had it arranged before he fled California?)

Edited to compare a cropped section of her face to one of the edited/make up removed images of this young girl. I think her complexion is darker, and the girl in plaid is an even younger teen, but am doing it anyway to see....Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 6.47.02 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 6.25.41 PM.png

Yup.Now that I have posted that, I really think this girl is a yet another *very* young teen. What a complete sicko. :(

These two girls are different races.

This is just a thought, and probably not likely.

Cellastine's last date of contact given is late April of 1968, and the horror with Tali was September of 1968....Do we know when he established a residence in NYC? I remember reading about him going AWOL and attacking a woman in NYC with a Coke bottle in the 60s, so was not quite sure how the NYC apartment came to be? (i.e. maybe he had it arranged before he fled California?)

Edited to compare a cropped section of her face to one of the edited/make up removed images of this young girl. I think her complexion is darker, and the girl in plaid is an even younger teen, but am doing it anyway to see....View attachment 305142 View attachment 305143

I agree. I was not able to compare well without posting due to format I was using, so thought it was worth a try. Doing so, and looking through other missing again for matches/comparisons, has pretty much convinced me this girl with the plaid hat is likely under 16. Hopefully she is one who just had her picture taken and got away.

In the thread for the boy some have suggested could be this young woman's sibling, I suggested the Aponte children.

For comparison, this is Giannina Aponte. She was 11 when she disappeared. I am not sure how old she was in this photo, but I would guess maybe 8 or 9? As I mentioned in the thread for the young boy, this is a speculative leap, as the siblings disappeared from Puerto Rico, but it is not impossible for them to have been brought to the US.

I'm really just noting since it does not hurt to do so.

Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 7.34.22 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 6.25.41 PM.png

Giannina's photo is from NAMUS, and the image of the young woman in the plaid hat is one with some of her make-up removed/altered in this thread. Her eyes are difficult to judge, and as others pointed out the nose is a bit different. I think her chin and jaw, and overall facial structure are very similar. I'm not aware of a color photo of Giannina. The closest is the age enhancement sketch from NAMUS:

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 12.05.16 PM.png

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back