Please Read - Media Appeal

I lived in Utah for several years. If the story is picked up, it will be covered fairly. No kid gloves.

Yeah, even Deseret News, which is owned by the Church, would even cover the story.

juliagoulia said:
I lived in Utah for several years. If the story is picked up, it will be covered fairly. No kid gloves.

Moxie said:
Hi ewww,

I'm not a member of the LDS faith, so cannot speak directly to that question, but I from what I do know about the faith is that they are good people who do not tolerate or shelter those who break the law.
Sorry Moxie.....my mistake. I confused you with all of the other mormon posters :) Thanks guys for answering the question. Good to know that if we can get the media to pick up this story in Utah, they will report it.

Meech, I'm so glad that you've joined this forum. You're a great poster at WS, and I look forward to your insight on this case. :)

ewwwinteresting said:
Sorry Moxie.....my mistake. I confused you with all of the other mormon posters :) Thanks guys for answering the question. Good to know that if we can get the media to pick up this story in Utah, they will report it.
That's okay - thank you for all you are doing!!:innocent:

Did News14 Carolina run a follow up piece this weekend? I looked at their website, but it appears it has not been updated.

JerseyGirl said:
Meech, I'm so glad that you've joined this forum. You're a great poster at WS, and I look forward to your insight on this case. :)

Thanks JerseyGirl:blowkiss:

http://www.wral.com/news/4625484/detail.html

Here is an article about Durham having three homicides in one week. I also noted that it states, "Officials with the police department will present the most recent crime report to the Durham City Council Monday night." "I can assure the citizens of Durham," Bell said, "we're gonna take a much more aggressive approach in dealing with crime in this community." Bell is Durham's Mayor Bill Bell.

Ok, so anybody....anybody...anybody available to go to the City Council Meeting Monday night in Durham??? I am sure there will be the public, the Mayor, the PD and the Media there to cover this recent crime report presentation. It is my understanding from City Council Meetings, that the public can talk, ask questions, whatever. PERFECT place to bring up the Abaroa murder and ask questions about the non random statement with no named suspects or arrests.....and see how everyone reacts.....anybody?

Hi all - wonderful news - the boy scout who was missing in UT has been found safe and alive - thank GOD!!

So... now, that he is okay, let's get the media all the information they need regarding the Abaroa case!!!!

Thanks for reporting this wonderful news! What a breath of fresh air!

Moxie said:
Hi all - wonderful news - the boy scout who was missing in UT has been found safe and alive - thank GOD!!

So... now, that he is okay, let's get the media all the information they need regarding the Abaroa case!!!!

For anyone that would like to write a letter to the editor, for possible publication, these are the two local newspapers (although in Raleigh, many people in Durham subscribe to the News and Observer as well)

Durham Herald-Sun

1) email directly to: letters@heraldsun.com

2) online form to submit a letter at:

http://www.herald-sun.com/tools/letterstoed/letterform.cfm?sendLetter=letters

Raleigh News and Observer

1) email directly to: forum@newsobserver.com

2) online form to submit a letter:

https://miva.nando.com/contact_us/letter_editor.html

3) fax a letter to: The People's Forum, 919-829-4872

Please feel free to list any other newspapers you can think of, and include any editorial contact information!

It has been awhile since I sent that first round of e-mails to the media suggested in this thread. I figured it was time to send them out again. Please keep trying to end the :silenced:.

juliagoulia said:
It has been awhile since I sent that first round of e-mails to the media suggested in this thread. I figured it was time to send them out again. Please keep trying to end the :silenced:.

I've been thinking a whole lot about the silence of this case and others for that matter and I have come to the conclusion (right or wrong) that the media doesn't necessarily seek the stories out....but the family seeks the media. If Natalie's family refused to talk to the press, the story would die. BUT the family, the extended family, friends are ALL TALKING. Even without LE talking, the stories continue all over the news because someone is talking. The boy scout's family held a press conference and had their entire family talking to the press. If we are going to get media on this case, the family is going to have to talk. They need to connect to the public and the public cannot connect to them, feel for them, want to help them without seeing them...hearing them....learning about them and their grief. I know it will be hard but I truly believe that the friend and family of Janet need to go to the media, instead of waiting for them to do a story without any people talking to them. A news reporter wanted the friends to contact them so they could do the story....did anybody? Probably not because there was no story. If I was Janet's friend or family member, I would talk. What do you have to lose? Raven is gone. There is no other evidence to collect since the murder scene has been released. IMO, there is no way they can interfer with the investigation by talking with the media. Get Janet's story out there. Share wonderful Janet with America. Cry for justice, for answers, for help.

In the meantime, we'll keep emailing....but we need help from those with Janet's story.

I have been told that WTVD, the ABC affiliate in the NC triangle area, will be doing a piece on Janet's murder tomorrow, Saturday, June 25...

I have no idea what time the piece will air. It may be that the piece is simply the news anchor reporting that fact that today (tomorrow the 25th) is the two month anniversary of Janet's murder, and there has still been no arrest. If this is the case, they will be showing file footage from the crime scene, etc.

They MAY have a live report from a reporter actually interviewing some interested parties, not sure who, if anyone.

Hopefully they will post some online link to the story at some point. This is the link to the station itself:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/

SouthEastSleuth said:
I have been told that WTVD, the ABC affiliate in the NC triangle area, will be doing a piece on Janet's murder tomorrow, Saturday, June 25...

I have no idea what time the piece will air. It may be that the piece is simply the news anchor reporting that fact that today (tomorrow the 25th) is the two month anniversary of Janet's murder, and there has still been on arrest. If this is the case, they will be showing file footage from the crime scene, etc.

They MAY have a live report from a reporter actually interviewing some interested parties, not sure who, if anyone.

Hopefully they will post some online link to the story at some point. This is the link to the station itself:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/
Good job SES.....hey, if people know Janet, do they want to interview them? I would suggest that any and all people that know Janet contact this link and let them know you would be willing to talk. Come on guys....let's get this story to the media and talk about Janet!!!!

ewwwinteresting said:
Good job SES.....hey, if people know Janet, do they want to interview them? I would suggest that any and all people that know Janet contact this link and let them know you would be willing to talk. Come on guys....let's get this story to the media and talk about Janet!!!!
If anyone would be willing to talk directly to the WTVD folks, and possibly even appear in the story, you may contact the weekend assignment desk at the following email. Just reference that you are writing with regards to a story on Janet Abaroa, that will be airing on Saturday (tomorrow). Bearing in mind - they will be preparing this for air tomorrow, so time would be of the essence if anyone should choose to contact the station.

Note: if anyone does choose to contact WTVD, etc., then they will expand the piece to be more in depth.

wtvdassignmentdesk@abc.com

I truly hope that the update tomorrow will contain some of the information about the case and where it has/has not gone. It would really be interesting if someone asked the LE to explain what "not random" means in this case. We all have some very good explanations here but would like to hear how they describe it. Hopefully, someone from the NC area will see it and be able to post and let us know what was said on the news cast and if any progress has been made in this case. All of you are doing such a great job of this. I, unfortunately, am a lurker with little idea of how you are researching all of this with your computers. Jeez, could you share a little wealth in this area to us beginners? :confused:

Prayers for Janet and Kaiden.

SouthEastSleuth said:
If anyone would be willing to talk directly to the WTVD folks, and possibly even appear in the story, you may contact the weekend assignment desk at the following email. Just reference that you are writing with regards to a story on Janet Abaroa, that will be airing on Saturday (tomorrow). Bearing in mind - they will be preparing this for air tomorrow, so time would be of the essence if anyone should choose to contact the station.

Note: if anyone does choose to contact WTVD, etc., then they will expand the piece to be more in depth.

[email="wtvdassignmentdesk@abc.com"]wtvdassignmentdesk@abc.com[/email]
SES - you rock!!

............this is incredible news! finally, one day short of 2 months after the murder, there WILL be an update of some sort........

...the ( below ) link only brings me to an "expired yahoo mail session"..........is there another SES ?

...many thanks to you SES , and all , who have kept at it in regards to media emails.........perserverance works! i cannot wait to see posts from those 'local to the news station' .......( i rather doubt i'll get it in canada....)

SouthEastSleuth said:

wtvdassignmentdesk@abc.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back