PLEASE SAY THANK YOU TO OUR WONDERFUL VOLUNTEER MODERATORS

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Tricia, Dec 16, 2020.

1. live40love

live40love Member

Tricia when I try to venmo it asks for the last four digits of your phone. Please update your post with it. Thanks.

Dear Members and Guests,

Without the volunteer mod squad, Websleuths would not be here. Websleuths would be dark.

The term "moderators" includes all-volunteer staff.

The reason why Websleuths is successful is that we have very tight rules when it comes to posting. You know when you come to Websleuths you will not find all the baloney as you find on other discussion forums or FB. The reason? The moderators.

Our mods literally work day and night, take abuse, worry about, and deal with problems on Websleuths. They believe in what Websleuths is doing. We want to be the place where everyone can come to discuss true crime, to offer help, to receive help, and to do so in a decent, factual, and kind manner.

If you can afford to do so I am personally asking if you can make a one-time donation that will be split among the moderators. I will be raising money for the mods for one week. From today, December 16th until Wednesday, December 23rd.

Money raised will be divided among those who have been working at Websleuths for the past year.

CLICK ANYWHERE ON THIS MESSAGE AND YOU WILL GET THE LINK TO DONATE THROUGH PAYPAL.

Let me be very clear, DO NOT DONATE UNLESS YOU CAN TRULY AFFORD TO DO SO.
    The mods and I do not want anyone to feel like they have to donate. Absolutely not. We all understand that sometimes all you have is 0ne dollar for food. This is for those who can afford to donate.

Feel free to leave a message to our mods on this thread.

From my heart and soul, I want the mods to know how much I appreciate and how grateful I am for all their work.

Love,
    Tricia

PS CLICK ANYWHERE ABOVE MY NAME TO GET TO THE PAYPAL DONATION SITE. IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE THE EMAIL ADDRESS TO USE AT PAYPAL IS
    forthewsmods@gmail.com
    IF YOU WANT TO USE VENMO THE NAME IS Tricia-Griffith-14[/QUOTE]

2. live40love

live40love Member

Tricia when I try to venmo it asks for the last four digits of your phone. Please update your post with it. Thanks.

Dear Members and Guests,

Without the volunteer mod squad, Websleuths would not be here. Websleuths would be dark.

The term "moderators" includes all-volunteer staff.

The reason why Websleuths is successful is that we have very tight rules when it comes to posting. You know when you come to Websleuths you will not find all the baloney as you find on other discussion forums or FB. The reason? The moderators.

Our mods literally work day and night, take abuse, worry about, and deal with problems on Websleuths. They believe in what Websleuths is doing. We want to be the place where everyone can come to discuss true crime, to offer help, to receive help, and to do so in a decent, factual, and kind manner.

If you can afford to do so I am personally asking if you can make a one-time donation that will be split among the moderators. I will be raising money for the mods for one week. From today, December 16th until Wednesday, December 23rd.

Money raised will be divided among those who have been working at Websleuths for the past year.

CLICK ANYWHERE ON THIS MESSAGE AND YOU WILL GET THE LINK TO DONATE THROUGH PAYPAL.

Let me be very clear, DO NOT DONATE UNLESS YOU CAN TRULY AFFORD TO DO SO.
    The mods and I do not want anyone to feel like they have to donate. Absolutely not. We all understand that sometimes all you have is 0ne dollar for food. This is for those who can afford to donate.

Feel free to leave a message to our mods on this thread.

From my heart and soul, I want the mods to know how much I appreciate and how grateful I am for all their work.

Love,
    Tricia

PS CLICK ANYWHERE ABOVE MY NAME TO GET TO THE PAYPAL DONATION SITE. IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE THE EMAIL ADDRESS TO USE AT PAYPAL IS
    forthewsmods@gmail.com
    IF YOU WANT TO USE VENMO THE NAME IS Tricia-Griffith-14[/QUOTE]

dotr, Suglo and Wild Rose like this.
  3. TedMac

TedMac Well-Known Member

I donated and appreciate all of your hard work and everything you do for Websleuths. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

dotr, imstilla.grandma, DeDee and 9 others like this.
  4. Lexiintoronto

Lexiintoronto Well-Known Member

Done, thank you for everything!

dotr, imstilla.grandma, DeDee and 5 others like this.
  5. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Thank you for volunteering your time to keep this community of passionate and feisty true crime fanatics in check! :p

Merry Christmas to all.

[​IMG]

6. George Fayne

George Fayne Active Member

Done! I hope my little bit helps. I don't post a lot, but I've always thought you guys were pretty fabulous. In the last couple of days, however, I've REALLY come to appreciate the sanity the Mods bring to Websleuths. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Merry, Merry, Happy, Happy! :)

dotr, Amonet, Suglo and 8 others like this.
  7. Han

Han Well-Known Member

Of course. Bravo!

dotr, misgrn, Suglo and 5 others like this.
  8. Suglo

Suglo Well-Known Member

Done! Happy Holidays and thank you to all our wonderful mods :)

dotr, roche.analisa, misgrn and 3 others like this.
  9. Scully16

Scully16 New Member

Not able to donate but thank you for all that yall do!!! Happy Holidays! :)

10. MsJosie

MsJosie Well-Known Member

Thank you to all Mods who are super! Request is done!

dotr, roche.analisa, misgrn and 3 others like this.
  11. Satch

Satch Well-Known Member

Thank you to Websleuths staff for your love and support of these forums, especially during these most difficult times! All of you are shining stars in the universe helping to find the missing and in solving unsolved crimes.

The impact of the positive connections from these forums, speaks volumes that will last a lifetime!

Satch

12. Mimsy2

Mimsy2 Well-Known Member

I truly wish that I could donate!! However, at this time I cannot. I do want to give many, many thanks to you all for a tough job well done!! I love reading about and following true crime. I came here originally to follow and discuss a very, very slow moving case. In between posts and discussions about that slow moving case that originally piqued my interest and brought me here, I have been reading up on another long unsolved case.

I have followed other forums in the past that were not moderated very well at all. Those forums and others I have cane across have always mentioned this one. So when a crime hit yet again too close to my home and garnered a lot of attention this site and its forums was the first one that came to mind. I have been reading here ever since. In doing so I have been impressed not only by the minds and discussions of others, but as well equally impressed by the moderation of the discussions.

I am currently limited in mobility and this site and it's forums have provided me with great amounts of mental stimulation and keep the wheels in my mind turning. I love that this site and all of the forums within it are very well monitored and that the moderators keep everyone in-line and focused on the topic at hand. I more than appreciate the job that is well done by each and everyone of the moderators. I cannot begin to give enough thanks to you for all that you do!! Please keep up all of your excellent compassionate work so that all of us reading and participating here can enjoy intelligent, thought provoking content, and conversation!!!!

13. Dmk71

Dmk71 May not be 8n chat but I am here.

Thank You to all of you for all you do, keeping the trolls out and the caring way you keep chat alive. Love and Hugs.

14. JaneEyre

JaneEyre Well-Known Member

I can't give money but I CAN make custom masks if they are interested. (Three layer with chin gusset, filter pocket, and nose-wire.) Have them PM me if interested in what fabrics I have available.

15. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

I too can not donate... a poor person living on social security!

but I DO want to say
    [​IMG]

to ALL the Mods here! Great job! And to you too @Tricia for this great forum!

and.... you all have a very
    [​IMG]

16. anneg

anneg Well-Known Member

I am trying unsuccessfully to donate. I want to use a non-Paypal credit card to make the donation, and I've tried two different cards with no luck. The first error message said some info I entered was incorrect (?), and the second one said my card declined to make the payment. Help!

dotr, Lexiintoronto and Suglo like this.
  17. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hi Anneg,

Try this. Go to your paypal account. Hit the "Send Money" option then put in this email address; forthewsmods@gmail.com
    It will ask you how you want to donate. You can them put in your card to use. You should be able to.

Let me know if that works.

Thank you very much
    Tricia

18. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

That is an extra security option. You don't need to select it. You can choose not to use the 4 digits. I think if you look below where it shows to type in the four digits it also says something like "no thanks". It gives you the option to not put in the numbers. Just go ahead and click that, please.

Thank you so much,
    Tricia

roche.analisa and Suglo like this.
  19. anneg

anneg Well-Known Member

I tried that but it didn't work. It said "you can't donate to yourself." I don't have a PayPal account--could that be that the problem?

ETA: I don't have a Venmo account either.

Suglo likes this.
  20. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

Thank You to the Mods for all your hard work. Merry Christmas and have a Happy, Healthy New Year!