POI in Lindsey's Case

I can be a little thick, thanks for going over all that again.

If he walked to Mike's from his store to grab a snack. Wonder what he was doing there at that time of night? He owns the business, not really odd. But I think there is more to the story of what he was doing in that area and LE knows it.

That ambulance call is going to keep me awake tonight.

It is strange there are no concrete records kept about the ambulance run. I would think the county and or the city would want to have clear records in case of any future legal hassles. There are many cases where lawyers implicate EMT's and or drivers in medical complaints and civil cases. People have medical crisis during ambulance runs all of the time and there needs to be records kept to protect the EMT's and the drivers from being accused or sued for being at fault or for contributing to the crisis.

Isn't there usually 2 EMT's /Paramedics on ambulance runs. One driving and one in the back with the patient ? Maybe who ever his partner was would remember the time maybe LE has already spoke to them.

It's my understanding that all calls are recorded. How long they keep those records, I can't seem to find out.

I had heard that he did but I don't recall ever seeing it there after Lindsey went missing. SarahC may know more. Hopefully she'll respond.

These are the districts he was with

Grays Harbor Fire District 5

http://www.ghfd5.org/
Grays Harbor Fire District 5 provides EMT and Paramedic level care, Fire suppression, and Rescue Services to the communities of Bush Creek, Rural Elma, Malone, Porter and Satsop in East Grays Harbor County.

Fire District 5 also provides all EMT and Paramedic level Services
to the City of Elma, McCleary and Grays Harbor Fire District 12.

Station 54 is located at: A sublet of the McCleary Fire Department

Station 54 is an Aid Unit housed at the City of McCleary's Fire Station. Members of Fire District 5 who live in McCleary, staff this unit on a volunteer basis:

picture of the Aid Unit for McCleary
http://www.ghfd5.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9&Itemid=15

Mason County Fire District 13

http://usfiredept.com/mason-county-fire-district-13-14298.html

Location: 13375 W Cloquallum RD (According to google maps, this station is 14 miles from McCleary in southern Mason county)

City: Elma
County: MASON
State: WA
Zip: 98541-9613

I use to work in a medical record dept at a hospital and all records are kept for at least 7 yrs due to medical /legal issues, we kept paper records for 5 yrs then some were microfilmed that was back in the dark ages LOL now everything I would assume is kept stored on line under the individual pts names.Is this ambulance service affliated with a hosptal or a private company?

Perhaps he was around the fire station area for "another reason", and wanted an alibi in case someone saw him there. "Well, of course I was there. I was on a call!"

Would someone really be stupid/foolish/naive enough to make that their alibi if it weren't true? Surely they would know there should be a record of every call, right?

Ughhhh, this is driving my brain crazy. It can either be verified or it can't be.

I found a document online from the state of Wisconsin. It says that information about ambulance attendants, dates of a call, dispatch and response times, location, destination, hospital transportation, etc. is PUBLIC RECORD and can be released to any requester. Of course, any information about the patient would have to be taken out. But the rest can be released.

I couldn't find anything specific about Washington (although I didn't look very hard), but I would assume it's the same.

Anyone care to give it a try?

Is this ambulance service affliated with a hospital or a private company?

TH volunteered with two area fire districts. The work is EMT/first responder work - that can involve transporting emergencies to hospital, amongst other things. Although ambulance type work is done - the fire district EMT workers are not a private company ambulance - which is something different.

Don't know what their record keeping system is. I assume the fire districts have their own system, plus if someone was taken to hospital - hospital would have records.

Here in McCleary the hospital is Mark Reed, Mason County has Mason General - other hospitals are around the area and I imagine where someone is transported depends on the location and their needs.

After releasing the footage, investigators identified and interviewed the two women in the video. Scott added that the women have not given investigators new evidence or leads.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/02/16/2029908/women-unable-to-aid-detectives.html

I am still chewing over this video release in my head and it is driving me nuts.... I truly think LE wouldn't think they would get any new info if they had held onto the video for so long..

and now releasing it right when they name him as a poi?

I bet some of the results are back from October... does anyone else think that or am I loosing me marbles? (ala toodles)

It seems to me there is a lot about this case to drive us all nuts. One of them being that it seems like we get little bits of info that sound promising and then nothing for long periods of time...Is this because they truly have nothing else, is this because they are trying different things to try and draw some one out...I could understand having next to nothing if it had been dark when this happened, but it was a beautiful summer day, it was light for a long time that day and it sticks out because those kinds of days are rare in Washington State. Just so frustrating its been so long, and Lindsey is always on my mind...I need closure, and most of you all need the same...I just can't imagine what an ordeal this has been for MB, JB, her friends and the town that knew Lindsey~! Praying and Hoping what they are looking into now brings the closure we so desperately seek.

After releasing the footage, investigators identified and interviewed the two women in the video. Scott added that the women have not given investigators new evidence or leads.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/02/16/2029908/women-unable-to-aid-detectives.html

Also from your link:

Scott said the items seized raised “no red flags,” but he would not further discuss the specific items.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/02/16/2029908/women-unable-to-aid-detectives.html#storylink=cpy

I am still chewing over this video release in my head and it is driving me nuts.... I truly think LE wouldn't think they would get any new info if they had held onto the video for so long..

and now releasing it right when they name him as a poi?

I bet some of the results are back from October... does anyone else think that or am I loosing me marbles? (ala toodles)

The video was initially released for the purpose of identifying the women in the store (they already knew who Hartman was). I think LE wanted to see if the women could offer anything specific about Hartman that night. Apparently they had nothing to add, which isn't surprising. This was a casual encounter that happened over two years ago.

Snipped
The time stamp on the video is 9:20 p.m. That's close to when Baum, who was 10 at the time, disappeared while walking home. Hours after releasing the video, Grays Harbor County detectives were in contact with the women. Formal interviews will be set up with them, but initially it appeared they did not know the man or where he was going that night, according to Undersheriff Rick Scott.

and

The man tells KING 5 it is him on the video and admits he told police he wasn’t in McCleary. However, he said that he was working as volunteer firefighter in both Mason and Grays Harbor Counties and forgot he stopped at the store while driving between locations. "I don't remember going into that mini-mart," he said.

http://www.king5.com/home/Video-offers-new-clues-in-Lindsey-Baum-case-139030629.html
While driving between locations? :waitasec:

First he was at class until 9pm, then he doesn't remember being in McCleary at all that night, then he says he was on an ambulance run at that time and he's saying he was in McCleary but only because he "was driving between locations".

And he wonders why he is a person of interest?:waitasec:

And another thing.. does he just aimlessly drive "between locations" waiting for calls to come in to the FD? Doesn't that seem like a huge waste of gas and time?

Is there any indication Lindsey may have known/known of this man?

I can'r believe it's come back around to that guy we had suspicions about in the beginning who said Lindsey was up to no good. There is no way someone who was just down the street from where Lindsey disappeared around the same time she disappeared didn't remember that fact. Any innocent person would say, "OMG, I was right there!" and try to describe every car and person he saw.

Maybe he stopped in the store to get something to feed her (if he did have her). Maybe he's still got her someplace (unless he's completely innocent).

Hi STEADFAST, I can't believe it either! I am just re-reading the thread to see if JVK has been back and posted any more about his trip to McCleary that day.

I thought he said he ran into the man who owned the jewelry store in town and this owner said those negative things about Lindsey. Or was it a hobo that JVK met who told him about the jewelry store owner and what he had said about Lindsey. I'll have to go find his posts.

Thanks to JennO, the locals and our posting diehards ~ Everyone for bringing us all the info known at this point. And I must say what a treat it is to have so many of our Modster's posting along side everyone in Lindsey's case.

xox

PS: I just found one of JVK's posts, Thread#3, pp5, post #119: " . . No drunks but on that note i attempted to speak with a guy that came walking out of the Jewelry store (w/a Jewelry store t-shirt on) & he didn't want ANYTHING to do with me. *at all*. greeted, told him my name, asked of his & he pretty much just kept walkin. Said he 'didn't have time".

And am glad JVK is still here. Ya Ya

First he was at class until 9pm, then he doesn't remember being in McCleary at all that night, then he says he was on an ambulance run at that time and he's saying he was in McCleary but only because he "was driving between locations".

And he wonders why he is a person of interest?:waitasec:

And another thing.. does he just aimlessly drive "between locations" waiting for calls to come in to the FD? Doesn't that seem like a huge waste of gas and time?

Yes, yes and yes, apparently :waitasec:

From what I can remember and have read IMHO he has absolutely no alibi between approximately 9:30 pm and 12ish am when he showed up in McCleary to "help" Melissa search. Oh wait. That 12amish time is his SECOND search for her?

This is why it's such a cluster a this point. He's told multiple stories and he's trying hard to remember what he said.

Unless I see proof of his ambulance run I ask....Where and when? Why do I think this info won't be available to anyone?

If this guy has an alibi, he would be cleared. He doesn't. And he's scrambling and trying to figure one out that will work. I'm not buying it.

Yes, yes and yes, apparently :waitasec:

From what I can remember and have read IMHO he has absolutely no alibi between approximately 9:30 pm and 12ish am when he showed up in McCleary to "help" Melissa search. Oh wait. That 12amish time is his SECOND search for her?

This is why it's such a cluster a this point. He's told multiple stories and he's trying hard to remember what he said.

Unless I see proof of his ambulance run I ask....Where and when? Why do I think this info won't be available to anyone?

If this guy has an alibi, he would be cleared. He doesn't. And he's scrambling and trying to figure one out that will work. I'm not buying it.

RE the section I bolded above...

According to the timeline.. MB called LE sometime around 10:50-11 pm.
So TH says he "heard the call on the radio", "helped search after talking to Chief Crumb*", "went home to try to get some sleep, couldn't so he returned to help search".
All of this within an hours time?

*Chief Crumb says this never happened according to the Komo article posted earlier

They have been looking at him for a long time. I am afraid that they do not have anything concrete on him yet. :frown:

RE the section I bolded above...

According to the timeline.. MB called LE sometime around 10:50-11 pm.
So TH says he "heard the call on the radio", "helped search after talking to Chief Crumb*", "went home to try to get some sleep, couldn't so he returned to help search".
All of this within an hours time?

*Chief Crumb says this never happened according to the Komo article posted earlier

Ya.....Someone is confused :(

They have been looking at him for a long time. I am afraid that they do not have anything concrete on him yet. :frown:

Many of us have been looking at him for a long time Katy. The Astrologers nailed him a long time ago. Couldn't name him or post it tho. And then of course many don't believe in that stuff...so....it is what it is.

I hope they can nail him if he's guilty. And if he's innocent, I hope he gets cleared.

If he's the one who took Lindsey, I'm thinking he's worried now, he knows that his stories aren't lining up with what LE knows, he knows his alibi will eventually fall apart, he knows if they find Lindsey's body that there could possibly be something there that would lead back to him.
Was he careful enough? Did he drop anything? Did he leave anything behind that will connect him directly to Lindsey's body? Did he hide her good enough?
He has to be asking himself all of these questions now and it has to be eating him alive wanting go out and check to make sure. I hope he does, I really hope he goes to check on her and I hope the eyes of LE are upon him when he does.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back