POI: Joseph Blea

From above link..."Blea's DNA...matched DNA discovered on the pants of a young prostitute whose body had been dumped in the 1980's..."statute of limitations prevented a charge in that case"

How can this be? She was murdered. No statute of limitations there.

From above link..."Blea's DNA...matched DNA discovered on the pants of a young prostitute whose body had been dumped in the 1980's..."statute of limitations prevented a charge in that case"

First thought that sprang to my mind, too -- but thinking further: Maybe it was felt there was not enough evidence for a murder charge but maybe for manslaughter, say -- and so "statute of limitations issues". Just a guess.

http://www.abqjournal.com/534884/news/families-wait-for-a-place-to-remember.html

“I haven’t heard anything about my sister,” said Julie “Bubbles” Gonzales, whose sister Doreen Marquez was found buried on the mesa. “We want to feel less forgotten.”

Nearly six years to the day after the case began, police may have done something that speaks to that concern. Late Friday, for the first time, they confirmed the identities of two men being investigated in the murders.

Their names are Lorenzo Montoya and Joseph Blea. Police spokesman Tanner Tixier said police don’t have enough evidence to call either man a suspect, but they also don’t have enough evidence to rule them out... Tixier said the men are on a list of up to 20 people who haven’t been ruled out either. He wouldn’t name anyone else on the list. “We have literally ruled out hundreds of people,” Tixier said. “The police department has not forgotten about this case.”

I would think that maybe the DNA found was sperm, so no proof of murder....sexual assault statute of limitations?

http://krqe.com/2014/01/31/does-apd-have-a-suspect-in-the-west-mesa-murders/

The excavation team found an identification tag from a tree that was purchased at an Albuquerque nursery in one of the graves. It took months of cross-referencing to put it all together, but detectives were able to trace the tag back to a nursery where Blea, who had worked as a gardener and landscaper, was a frequent customer, KRQE has learned.

the plastic tag thing is hard to ignore pointing towards Blea, but to me, he seems to be a preferential offender, geared towards being a pedophile

I agree with this. Could the plastic tag from the tree (I think it was a plastic tag from a tree) be from the landscaping that was done on the new housing development? Could the tag have blown there from the neighborhood?

I found an address for Joseph Blea. He was arrested for DV against a household member in 2008. The address is not far from Dennis Chavez/118 st.

Well, well, well, isn't this interesting... Is Joseph Blea tied to West Mesa killings?

http://www.abqjournal.com/597107/news/is-joseph-blea-tied-to-west-mesa-killings.html
---
The affidavit filed in 2010 in support of a search warrant seeking DNA from Joseph R. Blea, 58, says the identification tag for 5-gallon spearmint juniper was recovered from the grave of a victim found 8 feet below the surface “in an area where Blea was known to dump debris from his landscape business.

“It is highly unlikely (the tag) blew into the pile of dirt after the grave #2 had been dug up,” according to the affidavit filed by APD detectives.
---

Well, well, well, isn't this interesting... Is Joseph Blea tied to West Mesa killings?

http://www.abqjournal.com/597107/news/is-joseph-blea-tied-to-west-mesa-killings.html

Sure seems highly likely to me. Where are those pieces of jewelry? The underwear? Surely victims' families may recognize jewelry of their loved ones...these items need to be located and matched with victims, if they are matched I would say Bea is the one? Has LE done this? Is the jewelry long gone? If so, that is VERY bad.

There has to be a second burial site. Let's match the victim with the latest known missing date and see if we can figure out what Blea was up to around that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what to think of Blea, other than he is a major creep and a terrible driver. He has tons of traffic citations with quite a few in the war zone. From what I've gathered on him from news articles and the court cases look up website is he got arrested on 8-31-2008 for domestic violence against a household member. It looks like he posted bail but sometime between then and 2010 he was charged with the cold case rapes that occurred around McKinley middle school. I assume his DNA was taken because of the DV case and it was a match for the rapes. His DNA also matched DNA found a murdered prostitute's jeans that was found in the east mountains...I believe this was an old case. A man was arrested and charged with her muder but the charges were dropped because the man who had was arrested, his DNA didn't match. Blea was also charged with exposing himself to his stepdaughter..but those charges were dismissed after his stepdaughter recanted. The story was, when APD excuted search warrants on Blea's residence they found her diaries. In the diaries, she wrote of a family member exposing himself to her and her telling her mother but when it was time to testify in the rape cases, she recanted and claimed it was another family member, not Blea, who did it. She claimed the prosecution forced her to testify and say it was Blea.

I believe Blea was in jail when the victims were found. Also, I believe APD competely dropped the ball when these woman were first reported missing. Supposedly, Detective Lopez believed there was a serial killer at work but her superiors refused to believe her.

There has to be a second burial site. Let's match the victim with the latest known missing date and see if we can figure out what Blea was up to around that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without a doubt!! I have been absent the last day or two. The McStay preliminary was Monday and so my day was devoted to that then I had to catch up at my normal job lol.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane
Back