POI: Joseph Brewer

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the PD, namely that moron of a commissioner tried to tell you is SG was bipolar, drugged up, paranoid, hysterical and ran into the weeds and drowned or died of exposure. Somehow her tight fitting clothes got snagged on the brush and was torn off - NOW THAT IS FUNNY. She somehow drowned in water that couldn't have been much more than an inch, and somewhere while on her back on top of a bush somehow drowned. It gets funnier.

Tell me if my theory is more plausible: SG is in the home in her 'work' outfit ( nude or near it) and something happens that frightens her to where she runs out with her clothes in hand. She doesn't have enough time to put on the clothes and if she tries to put on clothes it would tell her captors she is out of here. Along the way in her escape she is frantic and one piece of clothing goes here and another there, and so it goes. Makes more sense, doesn't it?

You are assuming that the FBI/DOJ are squeaky clean in Long Island. They are aware of the case, because some people have bypassed the SCPD and gone to the FBI with info. The FBI has some possible jurisdication because SG lived in New Jersey and died in NY, so had crossed state lines. However 10 years have gone by and I do not believe the FBI has announced any involvement.
WINDSOR ; When you say I ASSUME the FBI and DOJ is squeaky clean you make an *advertiser censored* out of U and ME. On LI they are part of the problem. The BURKE etc. case was run out of 26 Federal PLAZA, NYC.

WINDSOR ; When you say I ASSUME the FBI and DOJ is squeaky clean you make an *advertiser censored* out of U and ME. On LI they are part of the problem. The BURKE etc. case was run out of 26 Federal PLAZA, NYC.
That is what Windsor is saying, that the first poster was making that assumption. I think Windsor agrees with you.

You are assuming that the FBI/DOJ are squeaky clean in Long Island. They are aware of the case, because some people have bypassed the SCPD and gone to the FBI with info. The FBI has some possible jurisdication because SG lived in New Jersey and died in NY, so had crossed state lines. However 10 years have gone by and I do not believe the FBI has announced any involvement.
That is what Windsor is saying, that the first poster was making that assumption. I think Windsor agrees with you.
WINDSOR has been spot on for many years. I usually get where he is coming from.

That idiot Dormer was whipped in line because he had a lot to lose if he became a burden to their criminal enterprise. You need to know more than what they did to Chief Cuff when his son was arrested for drugs(?). The kid would have probably gotten a slap on the wrist had his father been a plumber. BUT NO, they wanted to make Cuff pay for what he did when he investigated Burke for IAB. Which begs the question: What the heck did they have on Dormer to make him fold like a cheap suit. No secret here because most cops that have anytime in the PD knows what and who I am talking about.

If she was nude (or partially nude) leaving Brewers, wouldn't Gus Coletti have said that when she showed up at his house?
Good question, but do we really know what really happened? Do you really think that whatever stage of undress she might have been the clothes would have been ripped off by the underbrush and thorny brush? Has anyone other than the police saw the crime scene photos. Do we know what was in the 23 minute 911 call?

Good question, but do we really know what really happened? Do you really think that whatever stage of undress she might have been the clothes would have been ripped off by the underbrush and thorny brush? Has anyone other than the police saw the crime scene photos. Do we know what was in the 23 minute 911 call?
It is possible to run into a marsh, and fall into the thick muck, which will almost act like a vacuum. Pulling out of your clothes, at least from the waist down, can actually be your only viable option.

All true and thank you for the perspective, I for one think the idea that her clothes were ripped off by the bushes is ludicrous.

What the PD, namely that moron of a commissioner tried to tell you is SG was bipolar, drugged up, paranoid, hysterical and ran into the weeds and drowned or died of exposure. Somehow her tight fitting clothes got snagged on the brush and was torn off - NOW THAT IS FUNNY. She somehow drowned in water that couldn't have been much more than an inch, and somewhere while on her back on top of a bush somehow drowned. It gets funnier.

Tell me if my theory is more plausible: SG is in the home in her 'work' outfit ( nude or near it) and something happens that frightens her to where she runs out with her clothes in hand. She doesn't have enough time to put on the clothes and if she tries to put on clothes it would tell her captors she is out of here. Along the way in her escape she is frantic and one piece of clothing goes here and another there, and so it goes. Makes more sense, doesn't it?
I never understood Dormer’s inane theory on Gilbert drowning. And to publicly announce it as cause of death before a medical examiner had ever even examined the body, AND knowing that a 911 call had been made AND recorded? He must have heard that call as well, right? It never made any sense to me...
One thing is for sure: if it hadn’t been for the 911 call being routed to the NYS Police, whi knows what might have happened to the recorded 911 call. Imagine if it had gone to local SCPD instead?

I believe that Shannan had her clothes on (or most of them) when she left Brewer's house. The reason I think this is so, is because Coletti likely would have made some observation and remark if she was naked or partially naked when she arrived at his home. I think her clothes were removed when (and if she) was at Hackett's house. This just speculation on my part.
The people who know for sure how Shannan was dressed when she left Brewer's house were Brewer and Pak. Also I think the SCPD should know through their questioning of Brewer and Pak.

If that 911 call is linked to the larger LISK case—which it must be—can the family members of the other victims each individually file suits against SCPD? The should get together and try, at least to put more pressure in an attempt to possibly get some closure and—oh yeah— justice for their family members (the victims).

Maybe Det.Stephan would post a message on this Blog Board as he did with Newsday on the 911 call to clear that up for us?
Gilbert’s attorney John Ray has already publicly refuted Det. Stephan’s characterization of Gilbert’s demeanor on the 911 call (according to Stephan: “...calm, and did not appear distressed at any time during the call”).
Well for sure Stephan lied, unless you believe that John Ray is lying about what he heard on the call. Either Stephan lied about what was on the call (i.e. Gilbert’s demeanor is NOT calm, and she IS in distress, or audibly appears as such), or he never even heard it in the first place and was just a mouthpiece for certain individuals within SCPD. He reiterated that he “stands by what I said” when he was interviewed for the “Unraveled: LISK” podcast, and was asked about the call.
He sounds like a great guy...

Many moons ago when I was in the PD I was part of a murder case of a cop. My Chief asked me to be interviewed by CBS and Daily News. He told me he got into a squabble with both of them and to allow them to interview a detective on the case. I was told what to say and what not to say. I wasn't to admit there was special efforts being put into this case because the victim was a police officer! Chief, are you kidding me! The interview went very well without incident. When the story hit the papers my fellow detectives buzzing that I was in trouble now for doing the interview.

At the time I was going to retire less than a week after the interview. If I screwed it up I was out of harm's way. That was one of the reasons the Chief picked me. The other reason he knew he could trust me to get it right - not that there was anything that needed fixing like Stephan/911 call. I tell you when I saw that letter in Newsday it brought back flashes from day so old.

I never understood Dormer’s inane theory on Gilbert drowning. And to publicly announce it as cause of death before a medical examiner had ever even examined the body, AND knowing that a 911 call had been made AND recorded? He must have heard that call as well, right? It never made any sense to me...
One thing is for sure: if it hadn’t been for the 911 call being routed to the NYS Police, whi knows what might have happened to the recorded 911 call. Imagine if it had gone to local SCPD instead?
IMAGINE if a energetic police officer didn't take his dog BLU out for a walk rather than sit around the ranch doing nothing?

Officer Mallia is one I actually respect in this case. Anyone who helps bring these ladies home, helps give closure to their families and names to their remains I tip my hat to.

For the last 10 years of my career I was assigned to the Queens Homicide Squad. During that period of time there were more than 2,000 murders. I think I have a pretty good idea how the system works. Murder is murder be it in NYC or Suffolk County. I think it is fair to say is you don't bring us a body if you don't bring us a person in handcuffs. There are plenty of persons murdered that we know of and plenty we don't make arrests for. You respond to a murder that may be the work of a serial killer and everyone shutters at the thought. We call such murders PATTERNS. Which brings me to P.O. Mailla and his trusty dog BLU.

It appears as though PO Mailla went out on his own to find Shannon Gilbert, doesn't find her, the subject of his search but finds the GB4. IMO, this was excellent work by a good cop who did this on his own when he could have been watching TV at his office. Instead of celebrating his find they appeared to marginalize him as he was not showcased on the News. You have to believe the news outlets were clamoring to interview him. I must assume he did give some interviews, but as little a possible.

If I was a newsrporter I would have asked him many questions:
1. Were you ordered to go out on your own and take the initiative?
2. Did you immediate supervisor was aware of your going out.
3. What, if anything did anyone higher up the food chain react to this?
4. What made you go there and not somewhere else when it appears to be well known SG was last seen running in and easterly direction?
5. Did you get orders NOT to do this again without authorization.

This same police department plasters stories all over the news when cops rescue ducklings from sever drains and rescue cats in a tree.

Think about it when you consider the potential for the PD and news outlets to write continuing stories about the life and times of PO Mailla and BLU

Who was Mailla? When did he become a police officer. How and when was he assigned to the K-9 unit. What was his training. How was BLU retained. What was the relationship between the officer and his family with BLU. What past accomplishments did the cop and dog do in the years they were together. What is the overall accomplishments of the K-9 unit. We should have been flooded with such information that is really Good News for a public to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle