POI: Joseph Brewer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll have to listen to the episode. Was he ever regarded, or is he currently regarded, as a POI in LISK investigation? Maybe Hawkshaw knows something about...

I’ll have to listen to the episode. Was he ever regarded, or is he currently regarded, as a POI in LISK investigation? Maybe Hawkshaw knows something about...

In all these years following I have never heard of anyone who even knew his name except as spoken from DPH. I also have never heard nor seen anything posted that corroborated that he was acquainted in any way to anyone mentioned in the case either.
The only time I've ever heard his name was DPH saying she had reported him for transgressions only she knew of.
If there is anything connecting him I'd love to see it.

The same SCPD that had A crooked cop (Chief) ,and DA. Overseeing everything. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. MOO
I wonder if there is someone, at the State or Fedaral level of the Justice or Legislative branches who would want to make a difference? Investigating the SCPD and how they have handled the Shannan Gilbert death and the LISK case. I am sure there would be a lot of significant results.

I wonder if there is someone, at the State or Fedaral level of the Justice or Legislative branches who would want to make a difference? Investigating the SCPD and how they have handled the Shannan Gilbert death and the LISK case. I am sure there would be a lot
of significant results.
You mean like the FBI?

You mean like the FBI?
Well, I think the FBI has been involved at some level, and not much has happened. I would hope for something initiated by a Prosecutor, or a District Attorney, or an Attorney General, or a Judge, or an elected Representative, to initiate an investigation and be the leader.

It has been reported in MSM that FBI has been involved since 2016. That is, working in tandem/assisting SCPD with the investigation...
But who is in charge of the investigation?
SCPD is STILL in charge of the investigation.
What does that tell you? I’m beginning to think that Hawkshaw is right, in his analysis of rampant corruption, and the notion that certain people are being “protected” by the investigation not moving forward based on what actual evidence there might be. Case in point: the contents of the Shannan Gilbert 911 call that she made fleeing from Brewer’s house, where she allegedly said “they are trying to kill me”. So who are “they”? Does she mention specific names, addresses, physical descriptions of people and places? One thing is certain for sure: SCPD does not want you (the public) to know what is on that call, and they have known the answers to all of these questions all along...So how ‘active’ is this investigation really, which is their reasoning for not wanting to release it.

It has been reported in MSM that FBI has been involved since 2016. That is, working in tandem/assisting SCPD with the investigation...
But who is in charge of the investigation?
SCPD is STILL in charge of the investigation.
What does that tell you? I’m beginning to think that Hawkshaw is right, in his analysis of rampant corruption, and the notion that certain people are being “protected” by the investigation not moving forward based on what actual evidence there might be. Case in point: the contents of the Shannan Gilbert 911 call that she made fleeing from Brewer’s house, where she allegedly said “they are trying to kill me”. So who are “they”? Does she mention specific names, addresses, physical descriptions of people and places? One thing is certain for sure: SCPD does not want you (the public) to know what is on that call, and they have known the answers to all of these questions all along...So how ‘active’ is this investigation really, which is their reasoning for not wanting to release it.
Oh I believe Hawkshaw, its no secret that he worked in this environment closely for many many years. Its all so frustrating!

Well everyone has an interest in protecting themselves, their livelihood and their families (hopefully) first and foremost. And after that, possibly protecting the interests of anything or anyone that could potentially negatively impact their own interests (i.e. themselves, their livelihood, their families etc.) if they were to be adversely affected...
So if certain individual members of SCPD (active, retired, and resigned), or certain individuals who have the power and the authority to adversely impact SCPD as a collective entity (i.e. individual members and administrators as well as the collective whole), were—hypothetically—somehow implicated in some way throughout the course of the investigation as it progressed, then the investigation might just be stopped dead in its tracks by someone who has the power and authority to do so...
And that already happened...years ago (Spota and Burke).

So what’s happened since then? Who is left to protect? And who is ensuring that they are continue to be protected?

So this all leads back to Shannan Gilbert’s 911 call, which was initially placed from her client Joe Brewer’s home—an emergency call made to 911 that lasted for 23 minutes, let’s not forget.

TWENTY THREE MINUTES..

So it’s safe to assume that Brewer’s name, probably his address, and most likely “Oak Beach” specifically, are at least mentioned by Gilbert at some point. And we know for sure that she said “THEY are trying to kill me...” on the call at some point.

So exactly WHO ELSE’s identity is being protected (other than the 911 dispatcher who took the call)? And WHO exactly is ensuring this?

So this all leads back to Shannan Gilbert’s 911 call, which was initially placed from her client Joe Brewer’s home—an emergency call made to 911 that lasted for 23 minutes, let’s not forget.

TWENTY THREE MINUTES..

So it’s safe to assume that Brewer’s name, probably his address, and most likely “Oak Beach” specifically, are at least mentioned by Gilbert at some point. And we know for sure that she said “THEY are trying to kill me...” on the call at some point.

So exactly WHO ELSE’s identity is being protected (other than the 911 dispatcher who took the call)? And WHO exactly is ensuring this?
Yes... And as cannibalistic as they all can be, you must boil it down and ask who is the common denominator that is worth protecting over any individual fingers they can point.

Yes... And as cannibalistic as they all can be, you must boil it down and ask who is the common denominator that is worth protecting over any individual fingers they can point.
Well, that implies that more than one individual is involved, which is a reasonably safe assumption to make at this point, based on the fact that Joe Brewer must surely be specifically referenced by Gilbert on the call, and the only thing that we know for sure about the call is that Gilbert specifically says “they (are trying to kill me)”...
So whoever “they” are, “they” could each potentially implicate each other, so “they” ALL must be protected to ensure that one individual of the group doesn’t spill the beans on any one else in the group...
But again, that implies that TODAY, ten years after this call was placed and recorded, SOMEONE who was implicated on that call is STILL calling the shots in ensuring that the contents of the call not be disclosed. I’d love to buy into Hart’s explanation of ‘active investigation’, but let’s face it: that call is ten years old, and the identities of any persons referenced on the call have are known, and have been known to SCPD for the past ten years...

I can tell you one piece of information I stumbled on but can't prove is on that tape SG is heard saying : I didn't see anything and I won't say anything. Take that forever that is worth.

I can also tell you a certain person I speak with tells me the rumor is there will be an arrest (s). That person, IMO, is a person that could have heard credible information regarding this matter but is not connected to the case.

The problem with this case is even if a person is arrested and confirms my suspicions of who the killer is it will not satisfy many of those that have been following this case. It has been just too screwed up for many people to believe the right people have been arrested.

I was interviewed by the Killing Season and I suggested in that interview that certain people don't want this case to proceed.

I can tell you one piece of information I stumbled on but can't prove is on that tape SG is heard saying : I didn't see anything and I won't say anything. Take that forever that is worth.

I can also tell you a certain person I speak with tells me the rumor is there will be an arrest (s). That person, IMO, is a person that could have heard credible information regarding this matter but is not connected to the case.

The problem with this case is even if a person is arrested and confirms my suspicions of who the killer is it will not satisfy many of those that have been following this case. It has been just too screwed up for many people to believe the right people have been arrested.

I was interviewed by the Killing Season and I suggested in that interview that certain people don't want this case to proceed.
WOA. That's chilling. So basically she was scared for her life,and saying see no evil,hear no evil,speak no evil. In hopes they would let her go? Since there was already corruption going on with Burke,and Spotta,SCPD,and it was SCPD who searched the home, and found 'nothing' can't the FBI,DOJ take over?This is beyond ludicrous. MOO

WOA. That's chilling. So basically she was scared for her life,and saying see no evil,hear no evil,speak no evil. In hopes they would let her go? Since there was already corruption going on with Burke,and Spotta,SCPD,and it was SCPD who searched the home, and found 'nothing' can't the FBI,DOJ take over?This is beyond ludicrous. MOO

You are assuming that the FBI/DOJ are squeaky clean in Long Island. They are aware of the case, because some people have bypassed the SCPD and gone to the FBI with info. The FBI has some possible jurisdication because SG lived in New Jersey and died in NY, so had crossed state lines. However 10 years have gone by and I do not believe the FBI has announced any involvement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member